Henry mtn's help needed

bigmoosie

I am the person who drew the NR management tag with 11 pts. I along with Marley had something stolen last week. Was having a garage sale and had a scum-bag steal my Swar EL's. This wasn't the worse thing that happened to me though as I was diagonosed with MS. This will probably be my last mule deer hunt as I can't get around any more. Not feeling sorry for myself as I have hunted these magnificent animals for 49 years, have killed more than my share of big bucks including several over 200 inches. Just wanted to see the Henry's before they are all shot out.Don't really care if I kill a deer or not but I really like just looking at these beasts. Would shoot one if saw something unique or just really large. I have been kicking myself in the butt for many years as I have let two monsters 3pts go in Nevada on seperate hunts. This is when I was hung up on score and just wouldn't pull the trigger. We get a lot smarter as we age, its not about the score, its about the experience.Well if anyone sees a big 3pt. Would appreciate some information.THanks everyone and hope everyone has a great hunt this year, even you Kilowatt.

Ron,
Sorry to hear about the MS thing, what a let down for sure. Hang in there buddy and do the best you can. Is Mary there with you for this hunt?
Stay in touch and hopefully I can make it up to Alaska one of these years soon and visit again.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Moosie, I will let you know what I see on my hunt. Shoot me a PM after my hunt to remind me.

I wont be on the henries anytime soon. But wanted to say, dont give up on the MS issue. My girlfriends stepdad has had MS for a while now, and he had some sort of treatment about 4 days ago in San Diego. (GF said the doctor filtered his blood of clots that seem to get in the way of nerve endings) I dont know alot on this subject, but ill ask her and see for myself how he is doing. They said this treatment has helped alot of people already. If you would like, PM me from time to time and I will give you results/details on what I find out from her family/stepdad, and maybe some Doctor numbers to call.

and Goodluck this year on the Henries!

Good luck with everything.
I'll keep my ole eyes and ears open for you.
I hope you have a great time on the Henry mtns this year.

Oh, by the way, how did your EL's get tangled up in the garage sale items? Did I read your post right? Tough break, they're not cheap!

And I thought my trail camera was a big loss!
Zeke

I'm going to be helping a relative on his management tag down there so I'd love to help you out...

I would take tabbyhntr up on that offer he knows how to get it done. Good luck hope things turn around for ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

bigmoosie your way of thinking is truley inspiring.

I have a friend who guides down there and I will give him a call and see if he will keep his eyes open.

I hope you all the best in your hunt and may god grant you the will and the energy to take on your new life struggles

Appreciate all the help offered guys,yes I was selling my EL's I just got a pair of Leica Ultravids I like better.Marley I will get ahold of you for sure. I will p.m. you guys that offered help as the hunt gets a little closer. I have to make plans to get there from the frozen north. We have broke the all time record for heat here the last few days. Maybe Al Gore was right.Thanks again guys,help a old cripple out good karma.

This would be a great post to keep going when bigmoosie's hunt begins and hopefully his success with lots of pictures of course. Having members come to the benefit of another hunter with special needs is heart-warming in this day of me only attitudes.

Good luck and don't miss!

Have no fear of not finding a management deer....they are everywhere!!! Saw few big ones too.......

2002100_2851.jpg

The one on the left and the middle are management bucks.
9740img_3789.jpg

This was a big 3x5 about 25-26 wide.
8216img_3814.jpg

9433img_3815.jpg

This is the biggest management buck we saw!! Big 3x4!!
352p7300046.jpg

Have a fun hunt!!

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
Epek XC3 Broadheads

BigMoosie
I will be down there hunting all week and will have some good help and some good eyes..
We would do anything we can to help you out and make this thing a success and a great memory for you.
I have a great guide going and some good muscle, so you are more than welcome to join in..
Rick

Anterrick you have a PM. Utah Muley nice bucks are these from the Henry's. That last buck looks pretty good.Very nice keep em coming.

Yes those are from the Henrys this year. I took all of those pictures while scouting for my archery hunt.

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
Epek XC3 Broadheads

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom