Henry's Bison Hunt - Need Free Help w/ Horses?

Gorilla

My 18 yr old boy and I are possibly looking for an excuse to get out and ride our horses this winter to keep them in shape and no better place than the Henry's chasing buffalo. We hunted late season cows in 2020 and had an absolute blast.

If our schedules line up, we would drive down from Salt Lake and have 2 or 3 days to help hunt/pack out for free. We would bring two horses and our own camp (wall tent w/ stove ). My sorrel horse did an awesome job packing out the buffalo we shot.

We would be there to help out with whatever plan you already have in place. Given that we are not being paid, I would not want our help to be a primary plan A.

DM me if you are interested.

Pictures

1096489205.jpg

20201215_112709.jpg

20201216_104448.jpg

2045994326.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

My 18 yr old boy and I are possibly looking for an excuse to get out and ride our horses this winter to keep them in shape and no better place than the Henry's chasing buffalo. We hunted late season cows in 2020 and had an absolute blast.

If our schedules line up, we would drive down from Salt Lake and have 2 or 3 days to help hunt/pack out for free. We would bring two horses and our own camp (wall tent w/ stove ). My sorrel horse did an awesome job packing out the buffalo we shot.

We would be there to help out with whatever plan you already have in place. Given that we are not being paid, I would not want our help to be a primary plan A.

The world needs more people like you.
Thank you for not trying to capitalize on Utahs wild game.

My father has a tag for the cow tag during January. Do you have any information on locations to look for buffalo? Great offer.

We will be heading down on the 15th, my sons cow hunt starts the 17th. So far it is just my 16 year old boy, my ten year old and myself who will be going. I told my ten year old if we get one down he is going to be a busy boy:) I drew the tag in 2003. There were a bunch of us but no horses. I got lucky and dropped mine just a few hundred yards uphill from the road.

You would definitely be welcome at our camp. I will send you a pm

We will be heading down on the 15th, my sons cow hunt starts the 17th. So far it is just my 16 year old boy, my ten year old and myself who will be going. I told my ten year old if we get one down he is going to be a busy boy:) I drew the tag in 2003. There were a bunch of us but no horses. I got lucky and dropped mine just a few hundred yards uphill from the road.

You would definitely be welcome at our camp. I will send you a pm

We have the the cow hunt in January. If you don't mind let me know what you find and where you find the buffalo.

I'm interested. Have the cow tag first couple weeks of January.

We are headed down tomorrow morning to help a cow hunter for a few a days. Then I have a family friend who has an Archery Bull tag that starts on Wednesday. So I have plans to be down there for the whole week.
did you guys end up going down? wondering how the success has been.
It has been a tough hunt. Many guys haven't seen buffalo. I hunted 3 days, found a herd on day 3, but they were too far to reasonably get to that day. Going down tomorrow and hope to come back with meat!

Wish I had an image of us with a cow bison to share with you. The road conditions and weather made this year's hunt even tougher than the normally hard hunt it is. Learned a lot, saw some beautiful country, and made some new friends, thanks Gorilla!

We ended up getting one we had assistance with horses to get it out because the buffalo were along ways away from roads. The roads were really bad which limited the ability to go places also we heard there was a big heard on the park this year.

So?

You Buff hunters See Any BIG Bucks in Your Travels?

I'm Talkin BIG!

Not MM Big!

BIG Bucks Are Tough To See This Time Of Year!

They're Laid Up & Lickin Em for The Most Part!

Just Curious To What You Seen in The Bucks Department?

About how much snow is down there?
You said the roads were bad just wondering if you can still get around on them.
This shot was taken last Sunday in my area.

Snow 2023.jpg

This was Sunday the 15th of Jan. At least 48" of snow,I am actually stuck in me side X side in this photo!

My son was with me and he was able to pull me backwards.Ya you don't want to romp on the gas with tracks,Go slow!
Broke out the sleds for the grandkids, built a fire and cooked chili and dogs.
Great fun in the snow,

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom