Henrys Buffalo tag

R

Rammu

Anyone been down there lately and seen any Buffs? I heard they are not hanging up on the tops like they usually are..

I was hoping you would ask that question. You have never seen them on the top of the peaks? I thought they could be seen up there once in a while. I dont have a tag so i dont know much, just asking for a freind of mine.

The bulls that hang up high away from the main herd are usually old "rogue bulls" that want cooler weather and solitude.

When and if i ever draw my tag, i will undoubtedly hunt for one of these bulls over the heard bulls.
They are usually bigger and there are WAY less eyes to contend with :)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I know this is a Utah Henry thread, but I go to Yellowstone quite a bit and I see some "loner" bulls that away from the herd..even during the rut. Are these the "rogue" bulls you arr talking about? There are some giants. Can they still mate or what..they sure are huge and have knarly flat top heads.

they do like the high country, but when i think of the tops, i think of the famous open slopes known for mule deer. I have seen bulls up there from time to time.

Stubaby, i may be corrected from someone who knows for sure, but i've been told those big old bulls have been ran out of the heard by younger bulls, and i dont think they breed anymore...the perfect trophy for the hunter IMO. and ya they tend to be grumpy! I had one get very aggressive with me while i was hunting turkeys last year on the henry's.most of them run off, but i came upon this ol'boy in the thick burnt crap, and i swear he wanted to take me, he wasnt giving any ground!

not saying i would shoot one, but i did have some slugs for the 10 gauge on hand!

sent you a pm Rammu

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom