Here we go again!!

Cookie2

Very Active Member
I just filled out my barbary sheep survey online and got good and worked up again so I need to vent!!
I've known about the proposal to put barbary sheep on the draw for quite some time but haven't said too much about it until now. I believe this is just another way for the same people who got the season extended in unit 32 to make even more money off of one of my favorite species to hunt. A couple of years ago they were crying that there wasn't enough time to reduce the numbers of sheep on their places so the DEPT in their "infinite" wisdom gave them 15 extra days! Now they are claiming that they are overhunted and there are no quality rams left and they are "concerned." Call the department and you will be hard pressed to find anyone who can tell you anything about sheep. You WILL find lots who say " I hate barbarys!!!" One time you will get "they compete with deer and desert bighorns." Now you get "the numbers of good rams are low." They don't have a CLUE!! If they are so bad, OPEN it up! Let's play Texas for a while. Make them a coyote. If they are bad keep it that way. If they are not then for starters shorten the damn season. Quit playing into the hands of those who are only trying to make it where their land is worth thousands of extra dollars every year because a species released by the department has chosen to reside on it!!!! If they hate them so much, allow respectfull courteous hunters help them out. I see this for what it is and it has really got me TICKED OFF!!!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom