Here's a basic dumb question

N

no_draws

I just bought a different scope for my rifle. How do I go about mounting it? I had a fixed power Weaver with like a 20mm lens, now I have a scope (simmons) with a 50MM lens and it don't fit. I am assuming that I need to get taller ring mounts or something, but what exactly do I need? Now I can tell you all about how to configure a computer system, but I'm not that proficient with configuring guns. Any help would be great.

JG

Jeff,

Take your rifle and scope to a gunsmith and let him determine which height to make it fit. Without seeing the setup, I would guess a "high" base ring set, but a medium could work maybe. Be safe and let a "smith" check it out or a good gunstore.

Brian

Nothing dumb about an honest question! Answers on the other hand....

You do need extra high or super high rings for a 50MM scope. However, if your Simmons is much shorter or longer than the Weaver you might need the extention type mounts (I diden't ask & learned the hard way once).
Without knowing what gun model & bases you have try this site:

http://www.weaver-mounts.com/chart_main.asp

Good luck!

I just went through the same problem with my new rifle. I put a Zeiss scope on mine and it happened to hit the scope base where you make your scope adjustments. I could have just gone with a 2 piece base set but wanted to stay with the better base, so I had to go to the next higher rings.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom