Here's Another BC Hawg

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Here's another BC Hawg that has been floatin around the emails that I thought you guys might enjoy seeing.
DalesBuddy200hog.jpg

HOLY PISSCUTTERS BATMAN!!!
That is a toad, I love the mass!!!
Great buck, congrats to the hunter!!!

Lien2

Definitely a dream deer. Bucks w/ that kind of mass are harder to come by than a book deer, in my opinion. Once in a lifetime type deer.

T264

By the looks of that buck, im hunting the wrong part of BC.

early to bed, early to rise, hunt like hell and make up lies!

I've always enjoyed this site but haven't responded much in the forums. Bucks like this can make a man do that. I always open anything with BC in it because it usually means a picture of a great buck. This one is a real slammer....dark antlers, deep forks, nice eyeguards, MASS, MASS, and more MASS.

Dream Buck for sure!! Congrats to this hunter. Thanks for sharing.

BCboy, u REALLY need to get a guiding license up there so I can come hunt with you!

Michael
"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

That is an absolutely awesome animal. Looks like I need to pack up and move to a different country.

An absolute once-in-a-lifetime awesome buck. You should start a gallary of these BC bucks online somewhere.
Mark

Thats one of the best looking bucks on this site in my oppinion. Ive been trying to talk my wife into movin up there. Think they can shoot two bucks a year in some areas.

Wabuckmaster,
The provincial bag limit is 3 deer a year. Regional baglimits can mean that one might have to travel to more than one Region to acheive the provincial bag limit. But you are correct, there is one Region (Region 5) that has a baglimit of 2 muley bucks.

BCBOY, Slammer buck! How many inches of mass? My wife is related to half of British Columbia and I still hav'nt figured out how to go up and bag a buck without hiring a guide. Can you tell me which region this buck came from?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-07 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]That buck came from region 5. Certainly a big one !

The email I received says it came from the Kootenays, EastKootenay you may be in the right area afterall!

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Time to get negative. How wide is the buck? 24"s? Not much of an inside spread! Thats the only negative I can see. Shoot that pisscutter...NOW.

Thanks for another super stud post, Steve. And I agree, one of you BC guys needs to get a guide license so we can head up that way. I'm still game to partner up.

And who cares about width. That buck is a no-brainer immediate shooter. He's a monster.

>Wabuckmaster,
>The provincial bag limit is 3
>deer a year. Regional baglimits
>can mean that one might
>have to travel to more
>than one Region to acheive
>the provincial bag limit. But
>you are correct, there is
>one Region (Region 5) that
>has a baglimit of 2
>muley bucks.

it used to be that way in colorado way back when, and look at her now, still produce's big deer but not as many, can't keep that up for ever..

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-07 AT 11:16AM (MST)[p]With only 90,000 hunters hunting a province bigger than Texas, 95% of which is public land, I think our current management can keep it up. There aren't a lot of hunters harvesting 3 muleys in a year as we have other deer species like whitetails and columbian blacktails that also are tallied into the provincial baglimit of 3 deer a year. With the province broken up into 8 large Regions and then each Region broken up into lots of small Management Units, we can micromanage. If one area is hit hard by a hard winter, it can easily be countered the following year by closures or reduced hunting season dates or 4 point or better seasons.

Theridge,
I betcha you are underestimating the headsize of that pig. I have seen earwidth go from 18 inches on a young buck to 27 inches on a big ol' mature buck. That buck looks like he's got a big noggin.

If given the choice, I'd rather shoot a nice heavy muley with only a 24" spread over a willow horned 30" buck. You gotta love the weight to this bucks antlers!

27" ears??????? Thats funny!! . Now THATS a trophy!!!! Show me a pic (natural pose) with a tape measure (American inches) from ear tip to ear tip, and Ill be laughing even harder! 27"???

bittersweetmuleymeat

By the way Ridge, Ive scored many a bucks grossing over 200" with 22-24" insides.

bittersweetmuleymeat

I like racks like this the best.We get A few bucks like that here in washington. I shot one similar to this one last year here in washington. he's not as heavy but he has those dark horns like that.Theres A picture in the 05 big bucks and bulls contest in the photo gallery about 50 names down or so under Lances long beamed buck. I had him scored at the sportsmans show last year at 174 6/8.

Bittersweet,
Sorry bout that, that was a typo on my part. Meant to say 26 inch ears. ;) No, seriously, I have measured ear width at 27 before. And no I don't have pics to back up my claim. I don't really care if you don't believe me either. We do grow them big up here in the great white North. Body sizes get bigger the furthur north you go, that is a scientific fact.

I see you have some big ears up there but gosh darn, 27" ??? Im talking like natural ear position you would use as a reference in the field. 27????? Im well aware most mammals of a similar species/subspecies tend to have larger bodies further North, unfortunately, it has nothing to do with "how big you grow them" They just kind of grow themselves, unless you stuff them full of beans and corn like they do in Iowa.
Im sure you're well intended but 27"???? Maybe you're measuring tape is wrong and you accidentally measure things a bit bigger? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

bittersweetmuleymeat

You have to change the title of your post. I have seen so many theres another BC hawg posts that I almost didn't log into this one to check it out, and I almost missed it. : )

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what I would call eye appeal!! Heavy horned and tall with goodlookin eyeguards!! Plus that buck looks heavy on the hoof!

Clyde

>I see you have some big
>ears up there but gosh
>darn, 27" ??? Im talking
>like natural ear position you
>would use as a reference
>in the field. 27????? Im
>well aware most mammals of
>a similar species/subspecies tend to
>have larger bodies further North,
>unfortunately, it has nothing to
>do with "how big you
>grow them" They just kind
>of grow themselves, unless you
>stuff them full of beans
>and corn like they do
>in Iowa.

Just think if them as "dork deer" as Bill would say.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom