Herters Mark U9 ??

M

muskrat

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-03 AT 12:32PM (MST)[p]OK - I posted this on a couple of the other boards. I'm considering what looks like a good deal, so far - on a Herters Mark U9 7mm Mag. I have only received a couple of replies on the other boards, but they have spoken quite highly of this old rifle. I had never heard of Herters Rifles, so am interested in any feedback. Here's the ad

Herter's 7MM Remington Magnum, Mark U9 Custom made barreled action, Deluxe Laminated Stock of Rock Maple and American Black Walnut with 1/8" laminations. Herter's standard recoil eliminator (muzzle brake) and leather sling. Also includes Herter's Model Hudson Bay Mark IV fixed 4X rifle scope. $250

Assuming of course, that its in good shape, and hasn't had a zillion rounds through it, of course...

Comments?

Howdy,

I think I would buy it if I were you. For only 250 you can't go wrong, and you might find an old friend looking for a new home!!!

Coach

Muskrat;
Herter's was the importer of the rifle. The rifle was made by BSA in England. The rifle was also called the "Majestic" and "Monarch". They started making the rifle in the 60's and Herter started importing them around this same time. If the rifle is in NRA good to very good shape, it would be a good buy.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom