HE'S GONNA BANKRUPT THIS STATE/COUNTRY!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Putting the KIBOB'S on Drilling Before there is any kinda Plan For Their BS GREENY Ways!

JUDAS!

Oil is just getting back to a price where drilling is economically feasible. so if you understand supply and demand exactly why do we need a chit load more oil wells ?

Oil is just getting back to a price where drilling is economically feasible. so if you understand supply and demand exactly why do we need a chit load more oil wells ?
If you understood how fast these shale wells decline, you would understand why we need to continue drilling at the same pace we use to. The majors as well as the smaller operators are constantly increasing the well count in order to maintain or increase daily production levels. As demand increases worldwide, so will the number of rigs that return to operations. 20 years in West Texas in either consulting or currently a partner in an E&P company. Business is ramping back up at a furious pace here in Midland Basin and especially in the Delaware Basin west of here.

And just to add colour to your comment on economically feasible, that is not correct either. Our per bbl cost to get it out of the ground and operate at a break even is roughly $30-35/bbl depending on the overhead of the operator.

Hey Togpotee!

There's getting to be More F-350 COAL ROLLERS!

Not Less!

We Need To Take Care of Our Own Country/People!

Why We Ever got in to the Hole We're In I Don't F'N Know?

You'll Always Need Oil Ocho!

When You Vote Against the Right To Own BLACK Guns!

Hand You F'N Elk Rifle in as Well!

Perty Much the Same Difference!

Have another CROWN & Think Your Next Post Out!

I read the other day that Freightliner has a electric semi that is actually on the road. All the car companies are going electric.

So I'm sure there will come a time when oil retreats.

But this idea of shutting it down before there is an alternative that WORKS is beyond frustrating.

Especially when the alternative to drilling on public land is cementing over public land for windmill bases or covering it with solar farms. The infrastructure to support both is no different than that that supports oil. And it costs 2x.

JUDAS Hossy!

No Sleep?

But this idea of shutting it down before there is an alternative that WORKS is beyond frustrating.

Yup!

Sounds Like They Think You can Just Shut the Oil Down & Everything Turns Green Overnight!

IMO If They Were Really Wanting To Clean Mother Earth/Atmosphere up We Coulda been Running Passenger Cars on Natural Gas for the Last 50 Years!

Another one that's always Amazed Me is They Decided alot of the Stuff We Were Incinerating was Polluting Our Air,So They Sent it to Mexico & They Burn it & it still goes in to the Air!

I Guess they don't Think This Worlds Still Spins?

Have Countries Like CHINA Build all Your Cheap F'N Trash,You Think they care what they're doing to the Atmosphere?

Countries Like Venezuela Just TRASHING the Atmosphere/Ocean like You've never seen!

The World Still Spin?

Are We Not All Breathing the Same Air?

I read the other day that Freightliner has a electric semi that is actually on the road. All the car companies are going electric.

Especially when the alternative to drilling on public land is cementing over public land for windmill bases or covering it with solar farms. The infrastructure to support both is no different than that that supports oil. And it costs 2x.

Fun fact why the Keystone pipeline matters, the bulk of our Gulf Coast refineries were build in the 70's and 80's when most oil was either imported from the Middle East or was conventionally sourced. IE not from horizontal shale wells. This resulted in the refineries being build for about 35 API oil. Approximately half of current US production is considered condensate or over 45 API. This oil has to be blended down with lower grades of crude to reach the API gravity required for the refineries we have built. The Keystone will transport heavier grades of Canadian oil to blend with Bakken/Permian/Eagleford condensate to allow for the refineries to operate in their designed range. We used to be able to rely on Venezuela to supply this heavy oil but their production has fallen from over 4MM bbl/day to less then 1MM bbl/day over the last two decades and something is needed to fill this void. Want to know why your coal roller was so cheap to fill up last year? It was the dang near endless amount of Saudi medium grade crude that parked off the gulf coast which refines a higher percentage of distillate then US crude due to its API grade. But hey not to worry with the Kansas Southern and Canadian Pacific rail merger we can just rail it all to the gulf. Its loads safer I'm sure. That last part was sarcasm.

I don't know anything about oil but I did work in the coal industry for almost 40 years.

The US coal industry produced 1,000,000,000 tons in 2014 down from an all time high in 2006 of 1,163,000,000. Projections for 2020 are 539,000,000 and 581,000,000 for 2021. Down almost half in seven years. My state is down a bigger percentage than that. The main reasons are emissions regulations and cheap natural gas. Renewables haven't had a big impact.

If I was a young person working in the oil industry I would be looking for a job. With the electric cars coming on line the oil industry could drop half in the next 20 to 25 years. It's inevitable that it's going to drop it's just a question of how long it's going to take.

This Ain't Political BS!

This Is Livelihood for Some!
First off, I think this EO is crap. But lets be clear, this EO is not stopping any O&G operator from Drilling on any one of the currently leased but non developed 10.0M+ acres of Federal land. There is also ample private land to develop that is not harmed by this EO. Drillers aren't currently touching any of that land here in Western Wyo. This is entirely about the revenue the states get from new lease sales. This EO hasn't impacted anyone's livelihood. Plenty of people in the O&G industry have had their livelihoods impacted, and its a damn shame, but is wasn't from this EO.

The problem with renewables is that pretty soon you run out of everyone else's rare earth metals...

Discussing the issue is fine, but it won’t last if the thread turns into the political attacks, blaming, etc that is sure to lead to a fight. I don’t want it here.
The post right above this one is going there already, so expect this thread to vanish soon is what I’d guess.

The thread topic is directly related to an economic policy driven by a political policy/agenda/ideology. Both go hand in hand, you get one with the other, and can't separate the two. The very tenets of supply and demand in economics have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic but it does from a states' rights against a federal decision.

Good for UT.

The land is federal, not state so it will be the feds who decide what goes on. at this point the voters elected a president who will decrease new development. should they elect someone later who wants to open it up then that shall be the way forward. enough with all the " I'm entitled to do what I've always done " crap. the buffalo hunters had to find another way to make a living too.

There's no oil or coal shortage, not even close to it. so the justification to basically give oil on public land away holds no water at this point in time . if you want to cry about something the debt is where your tears should fall.

As far as the nuclear energy goes hell yes. it's the solution to most of our energy problems. but the libs are afraid of it and big oil and coal don't like it so it's going nowhere fore the foreseeable future.

The land is federal, not state so it will be the feds who decide what goes on. at this point the voters elected a president who will decrease new development. should they elect someone later who wants to open it up then that shall be the way forward. enough with all the " I'm entitled to do what I've always done " crap. the buffalo hunters had to find another way to make a living too.

There's no oil or coal shortage, not even close to it. so the justification to basically give oil on public land away holds no water at this point in time . if you want to cry about something the debt is where your tears should fall.

AND WHO IS DRIVING THE DEBT UP FASTER THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY?

THE PERSON YOU VOTED IN!

HAVE ANOTHER CROWN FOR GAWDS SAKES!

As far as the nuclear energy goes hell yes. it's the solution to most of our energy problems. but the libs are afraid of it and big oil and coal don't like it so it's going nowhere fore the foreseeable future.

Tik, tok, tik, tok ....... I wouldn't invest too much energy into this topic as I think I know where it's headed. ??
Might get where it's headed before it's even taken there.

You know I don't want the fight here.

True, it's federal minerals. States do benefit from it though in other ways.

At some point yer gonna have to charge that big green tractor up after every round Lennie.

Tik, tok, tik, tok ....... I wouldn't invest too much energy into this topic as I think I know where it's headed. ??
Might get where it's headed before it's even taken there.

You know I don't want the fight here.
My hemorrhoids aren't itching today... How's that..

For years I've bashed the one side for crap public land policy. That hasn't changed. But I've always said the others are only better because they haven't found a way to capitalize on public ground. I fear the current push is that they have found that way.

That's bad for birds. Bad for antelope. Bad for deer.

I left and clashed openly with BHA over their support of development on public ground of wind/solar.

A system of roads, cement platforms, and other infrastructure is bad for us as hunters, and had for the land it sits on.

It's starting to look like WE don't have any friends on the public land issue

Great entertainment while I sit here running frac equipment!

88CD4313-5A69-4F32-A534-4A5927B7D25F.jpeg

Jimmy Carter years are coming back. Fill up your farm tanks with fuel now

not to mention a stock market , real estate bubble burst coupled with person and corporate tax hikes! Yikes.

I’m with the Guvmnt, and we’re here to help.....

There 's no lack of land to drill on that's a fact even a slanthead cannot argue with. prices are what shut it down.

Now that prices are coming up and the pace to drill picks up so will fuel prices, and you're going to cry about that next.

You can't satisfy whiners.

There 's no lack of land to drill on that's a fact even a slanthead cannot argue with. prices are what shut it down.

Now that prices are coming up and the pace to drill picks up so will fuel prices, and you're going to cry about that next.

You can't satisfy whiners.
Do you have any idea what you are talking about!
I have a friend who works for a company that builds and sales drilling equipment, just a week ago he said that there work force has went from over a hundred employees back in October to around forty employees and the talk in his company the doors will shut by years end.

Now explain how drilling is ramping up!

Until we accept and start producing lots of Nuclear plants we will continue to produce hydrocarbons to generate the electricity for all these electric vehicles........

Electricity in those quantities doesn't just exist.........
The problem with nuclear is where to put the waste....it is hard to dispose of even 1 cubic foot of waste...where do you put it? You wonder how we have not come up with a cure for cancer or a means of making nuclear power more of the mainstream.....$$$$$

From energy independence to gas shortages in his first 100 days! Way to go Joe!

Lumber, insulation, copper, sewer line, steel studs, etc, etc, etc.

Got a nice 15% bump in sheetrock prices today.

Sure glad I don't read any mean tweets though. Totally worth it?

JUDAS Hossy!

No Sleep?

Yup!

Sounds Like They Think You can Just Shut the Oil Down & Everything Turns Green Overnight!

IMO If They Were Really Wanting To Clean Mother Earth/Atmosphere up We Coulda been Running Passenger Cars on Natural Gas for the Last 50 Years!

Another one that's always Amazed Me is They Decided alot of the Stuff We Were Incinerating was Polluting Our Air,So They Sent it to Mexico & They Burn it & it still goes in to the Air!

I Guess they don't Think This Worlds Still Spins?

Have Countries Like CHINA Build all Your Cheap F'N Trash,You Think they care what they're doing to the Atmosphere?

Countries Like Venezuela Just TRASHING the Atmosphere/Ocean like You've never seen!

The World Still Spin?

Are We Not All Breathing the Same Air?
Well of course they can't shut it down. Loom around even if all cars were electric the petrol is used to make plastic everything. And there isn't going to be enough electricity to charge millions of cars. We need oil for another 25 years or more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom