Hey Bess- generators

coloradoman

Very Active Member
I know you were comparing generators a few months back an asking about the Cummins?
What did you figure out about them? Good bad or ugly?

They are supposed to be Good!

I Found one back when We were Talking about them!

Was gonna Buy it!

They had it on Display & I Noticed the Gas Cap wasn't screwed on to the Tank!

Some SMART-ASS PUNK working at the Cash Register see's me trying to put the Gas Cap on & Says:What are You Doing?

I Said I'm trying to Put the Gas Cap On!

He says:I'll Show you how to Put a Gas Cap on!

(OK SMART-ASS!)

Well He Couldn't Put it on either & In a Cocky Voice Tells Me he'll Get His Boss & He'll Put it on!

Boss Finally Comes Out & HOT DAMN,He Couldn't get it on Either!

It was Clearly not the Right Gas Cap for the Generator!

I Might Be a DUMB SOB But I Do Believe I can Put a Gas Cap on when it's the Right Gas Cap!

The Boss threw His Shoulders in the Air & Said:Well Do You want it or not?

I Said:Well I Was gonna Buy it But Do You Think I'm Dumb enough to Buy it with the Wrong Gas Cap that can't Be Screwed on it?

I Said F'It!

I've Studied just about all of them!

Even Learned that some Honda's & Yamaha's are now MADE IN F'N CHINA as well!

If I Buy a MADE IN CHINA Generator is there any advantage of what Name is on it?

We've Had Good Luck with the Older Yamaha & Honda Generators!

But Just Like everything else,They Ain't Built like the Older Ones!

Still un-decided on the New one I'm gonna Buy?

Was it a CUMMINS/ONAN?

The Cummins Onan P4500i is rated at 3700 running watts and 4500 peak watts. The generator is both quiet and portable. A pair of rear wheels and handle allow you to easily move the 98lb generator where you need it. With an operating noise down to 52 dBA

How about John Deere or Cat? I've had both in the bigger stuff and they out performed the Cummins. More expensive but way better quality.

Why screw around. Just buy a whole home Generac generator that comes on automatic when power goes off and shuts down when the power comes back on. The one I have runs the house, well pump, and shop.
RELH

Why screw around. Just buy a whole home Generac generator that comes on automatic when power goes off and shuts down when the power comes back on. The one I have runs the house, well pump, and shop.
RELH
yep....that works great on a jobsite.....

If It's a F'N John Deere & You have to replace the Gas Tank blue,You Won't Be Smiling!:D

They Started with a Gas Tank & Built the Whole F'N Mower Around it!

There is something about the phrase “my wifes riding lawnmower” that just makes me happy.

The Hot Buy is still available!

F'N THIEF'S!

Yes grizzly!

I'm Still waiting for You to Buy a couple of these For Me & I'll give you 50.00 each on top of what You paid for them!

A Quick 100.00 grizzly!

100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!:D

All the Buyers that Left Feedback have a 0 Feedback rating!

That Tell You Anything?

But since I Can't call a ##### a ##### anymore on MM You'll just have to take your chances!

After Looking at what it's gonna Take To Change the Gas Tank on My Wife's John Deere Riding Lawn Mower, John Deere Can Kiss My Tail!
bunny.jpg

Made in USA.

Last edited:
20343A46-1093-43D1-A970-4234DDEEA093.jpeg
6C973679-4EB2-4D73-9BBB-30662FF74B3A.jpeg

My stepdad gave me this one a month or so back.

Not sure if it’s any good or not but the price was right.

EDIT.......
Just read some reviews on this Titan brand, just about what I thought it would be, a Chinese piece of sh!t.
Its been sitting in his barn for about 15 years, I guess it can collect dust in my shop another 15 years.

Last edited:
Elkassss, you will save money on fertilizer, gas, maintenance and....if it quits working, food.

I doubt your ever going to hear anyone say...."I wish i wouldn't of bought my Honda EU2200i..." like you hear people say about other brands. Kinda like optics, just get the best and be done with it. I have a Hutch Mountain propane kit on mine. Its never had gas in the tank. Works really nice and will probably outlive me.

But Tachdriver?

Is Your Honda Old Enough that it wasn't Built in China?

I doubt your ever going to hear anyone say...."I wish i wouldn't of bought my Honda EU2200i..." like you hear people say about other brands. Kinda like optics, just get the best and be done with it. I have a Hutch Mountain propane kit on mine. Its never had gas in the tank. Works really nice and will probably outlive me.

Seen this on one of the Forums wondering where Honda's are now made:

I've had a Honda EU2000i for about a year now. The thing is amazing. I would buy it again. Used it for power outages at home and work, but not for camping yet. Super quiet and efficient. Mine was made in Thailand. No noticeable difference in parts from the ones made in Japan (based on the Japan ones I saw on YouTube while watching tear-down and service videos and also the parts and service manuals).

Honda is also manufacturing some of their motorcycles in Thailand now. Reports of quality on those have been favorable so far.

Due to a Customer Paying Me with a LOWES Gift Card here Recently!

I Ended Up Buying a GENERAC Generator!

I Studied alot & Couldn't Get away From the MADE IN CHINA TRASH no matter what Brand I Checked out!

Even though the GENERAC May not be 100% USA Built it was as Close as anything I Could find anywhere!

SAD There Ain't a Choice anymore!

I'd DAMN WELL Pay more for a Quality USA Built anything if it was available!

When I Studied GENERAC Generators I Seen:

Where They Claimed they were MADE IN THE USA!

I Also Found where they Claimed Some Were MADE IN CHINA!

I Can't Stop All My Money Going to CHINA!

But I Do My Best at not Letting them Get it!

CHINA Can KISS MY TAIL!

The Honda engines and electronics are built in Japan. The generator heads for Honda generators were outsourced and have been built in China since the early 90's. Honda opened a new factory in China in 2010 and all the portable generators are now built there

The Honda engines and electronics are built in Japan. The generator heads for Honda generators were outsourced and have been built in China since the early 90's. Honda opened a new factory in China in 2010 and all the portable generators are now built there
Next thing you know China will have us all wearing masks.

No Doubt!

When I Was Younger I Wouldn't Have Bought a Generator that Didn't Say HONDA or YAMAHA on it!

Here's My Conclusion:

If Nearly All of them are Made in China Now?

Does it Matter Who's Name is on it?

Well my last 2 Honda’s were amazing. They made it 16 years and still run but wearing out so I bought a new EU2200i today.
Went to Perry’s to buy one.... been sold out since the Houston freeze they tell me.
Called every where in town and found 2 at Murdoch’s and hauled ass and got one.
I’m set now for as long as I need a generator as long as they are as good as they used to be LOL.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom