Hey BOHNTR- What is this?

bigbull

Why did you guys accept this ugly thing in the book? 75 inch buck with 270 inches of trash is the #2 NT?

V2DDALSP6RCVVBSGNQU2YRNOZE.jpeg

Yup.....only antlered animal in B&C and P&Y with a spike only on one side (beam). Just goes to show when you have enough junk, it adds up. :)

I agree, not the most eye appealing critter which took quite a bit of time to panel. It also ranks in the top 5 for B&C.

We also verified the new non-typical whitetail world record at panel. It also was the recipient of the rare Ishi Award. To have two whitetails in the 320’s is amazing.

The new world record paneled at 327 7/8”:

View attachment 46894
The coloring is off on those antlers. Is that a pic of a reproduction set by chance?

Nope that is the original. The reproduction was on display at the convention. It may be the black background that gives a different coloring???

The top photo is the reproduction, as the original antlers only were at convention (not mounted).

Nope that is the original. The reproduction was on display at the convention. It may be the black background that gives a different coloring???

The top photo is the reproduction, as the original antlers only were at convention (not mounted).
Thanks! You’re probably right the background is throwing it off.

Both amazing bucks!

Yup.....only antlered animal in B&C and P&Y with a spike only on one side (beam). Just goes to show when you have enough junk, it adds up. :)

I agree, not the most eye appealing critter which took quite a bit of time to panel. It also ranks in the top 5 for B&C.
Is there no p&y rule about freak animals? Seems like there should be a rule about a minimum main frame before being allowed to be entered. Just seems wrong to have a deer at #2 that had some weird genetic screw up or maybe even just messed up his antler in velvet and sprouted a bunch of crap. The big story with all of these top record bucks is always how conservation helped get these deer to where they are and then that thing gets accepted? Just seems to muddy the record book.

Is there no p&y rule about freak animals? Seems like there should be a rule about a minimum main frame before being allowed to be entered. Just seems wrong to have a deer at #2 that had some weird genetic screw up or maybe even just messed up his antler in velvet and sprouted a bunch of crap. The big story with all of these top record bucks is always how conservation helped get these deer to where they are and then that thing gets accepted? Just seems to muddy the record book.
I would argue all the world records, typical or non typical are genetic freaks…

I would argue all the world records, typical or non typical are genetic freaks…
I suppose that would be correct. I guess I think a deers antlers should atleast look like actual deer antlers and have somewhat of a main frame rather than a tumbleweed for an antler.

There is a rule.....this buck has a frame (beam) and a protrusion where G1 is at......as such, it meets the criteria. A true freak would have no discernible mainframe or designated beam. A spike (beam) with a G1 or protrusion of G1 is a frame by rule.

Every time I see one of the freakish NT's I want to ask the shooter or meat cutter if there was a noticeable injury, abnormality or physical anomaly about the animal. I guess I want to know "why" it grew a rack like that. Does anyone have such knowledge about these animals?

There was a bull at the local sports show like that top buck. Like a main frame 240" but with a lot of 6"-8" crap on the bases, it scored 408". Pretty unimpressive looking.

Actually that first buck must of been easy to kill. It probably spent every awakening hour with it’s head in a bush trying to get all that velvet off. ??

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom