HEY Coloradoboy/Piebald Deer???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Hey Coloradoboy?

Wondering if You've Seen that Piebald Fawn/Doe not Far from the Utah/Colorado State Line?

Anybody-else see any of them this year?

piebald.jpg

Hey Coloradoboy?

Wondering if You've Seen that Piebald Fawn/Doe not Far from the Utah/Colorado State Line?

Anybody-else see any of them this year?

View attachment 20068
Elk

years ago my uncle and I saw a piebald on the air strip on the state line. It was a buck and was around for a couple of years before someone shot it. I believe that area has always had one or two running around. Colorado boy can probably confirm this.
My family hunted both sides in the 50's 60's 70's

A nearly all white antelope up by the monument several times. Her fawn was just like mom. Have watched this does for a couple of years now.

One from a few years ago. About 34.7 miles from THE Church steeple in Monticello but still in CO.

This little guy was poached. Apparently people don't want them in the gene pool.
IMG_0609.JPG

Last edited:
Yep seen one this past fall. Almost bet it was the same one you pictured. Seen it within a mile of Utah/Colorado line on Utah side on one of our fall hunts this past fall. Pretty cool deer.

We saw this one last year right on the border of Colorado and Utah. I have a feeling it could be the same deer that was originally posted.

Those genetics have been on that boarder of Utah and Colorado since the sixties. My family used to hunt both sides of the boarder and one of my uncles shot a small two point that was piabald

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom