hey ktc and runner

B

bobcattrapper

I'm calling you guys out here. I am curious as to which state you are from and which state you feel has the best hunting. Let me know and then i think i may be able to change your minds on a few issues.

bobcattrapper,
What are your motives with your questions? Are you the one that is going to fix everything? Are you the chosen one? LOL!!!! Shouldn't matter where I'm from or what state I think is the best.

bobcattripper,

Come on dude. I woke up this morning and seen you had "called me out," I come out, and no tripper. You call me "out" on the mat and I have anxiously been waiting all day to hear of your grandioso plans with our wildlife.

Maybe you are here, but you are still writing your long-winded manifesto. :)

ktc

Oh where, oh where, is the tripper at, oh where, oh where, could he be...........

The point I wanted to make is that I feel Utah has some great hunting, especially for elk (which I have never hunted) But with this crap that is going on with USO I believe we need a strong group to stand up and fight this decision. Now I know how you feel about SFW, but the bottom line is we all need to work together on this one and as it stands right now I believe SFW is the only group that is going to be able to win, or at least come up with an idea that will stick it to USO

In addition I did call you out on the 24th and it did take you 2 days to respond

Tripper,
You actually think SFW is going to go to bat for the average hunter on this? I don't think so. They are going to welcome more non-resident hunters because it means more money in their greedy little pockets. Most of the big wigs are guides and it would mean more $$$$$$. In my opinion we need another group and fast!

I can guarntee they will be the only ones that stop it. If they do would you be in support/

Why would I join a group that doesn't represent the average hunters best interests? I'll admit they have done some good but over the years they have been corrupted by money. It's been over 10+ years since they formed and I remember still the promises that were made with the original start up. I think in the beginning they were the public's voice but now I don't think so. Money does funny things to people. I take a look at most of the board members and it makes me sick to see whats going on. The general deer herd just keeps getting worse and worse. Nothing being done to combat that and bring the herds back over 10 years besides habitat. The habitat is there we just don't have any deer. If things were being managed right the deer would be flourishing drought or no drought just like the elk. I grew up hunting deer, pheasants, and some elk. I could care less about sheep and goats. I'm just an average hunter wanting things to get better instead of worse. I would join a group if I thought they would represent the average hunter and they were honest and had integrity. Right now SFW doesn't fit that description in my opinion.

Trapper hey the CASS thing maybe was a little harsh
go back and re read Tony's other post.

I figured this out last year when SFW told the DWR to get rid of AR-301 and Tony was a major part of that happening.
Pay attention to the part where it say's SFW wants 30% of LE Elk tags to be set aside for conservation groups and SFW wants 60% of those. Figure that the state puts out approx. 1200-1300 LE elk tags so 30%
of that is about 375 tags now out of that 375 tags that the average joe hunter has no shot at SFW wants 225 of them.
Explain how taking almost 400 tags away from the general public and " reserving " them for their " Donators "
helps out you and me the average joe hunter.
Then read the part about Don leveraging the DWR with threats of legislation, I am sure the DWR would not need to be leveraged into upgrading or maintaining habitat or expanding hunter opportunity maybe leveraging comes into effect when they want to eradicate every cougar from the state and the DWR protests or if a certain CWMU would like some " special privlidges ".
Did you also know that Don is on the hiring committee for the wildlife board.
SFW is great if they are pushing an agenda that serves you
if you are a bowhunter or a predator hunter you are on the losing end right now I watched Don shoot to hell every proposal
Utah Bowmens proposed to the RACs last year. Go back and read Bair's post ( 10 R ) the first thing he brings up is coyote's
as the problem with the deer herds, yeah they don't help much
but neither do 500 doe tags on the Wasatch unit or the houses that are chewing up winter range or the six year drought.
Dude wake up and smell the coffee right now SFW is an out of control group that needs to come correct with a quickness and
realize it is the average joe hunters that pay $6000.00 per month to the banquet chairman and probably double that for the higher up's.

Represent the people that are your bread and butter

But all this info is from Tony and I highly doubt that his figures are accurate, that many tags to groups just doesn't seem possible. it sure would make a lot of money for the state though.

I have a question for you guys and conservation tags. How come if I win one of these at a banquet I can't sell it but outfitters can buy them and turn around and sell them for more money. Sometimes they don't even have hunters for these tags until after they have bought them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom