high country bow troubles

kicker

I've owned a martin pantera for years and have always loved it. Last year i broke down and bought a new high country bow at a total price (sight,quiver, stabilizer) of over $700.00. I have had nothing but trouble with the bow. Parts breaking, or falling off. Nuts and bolt coming undone in the field. Is this bow just a lemon or has anybody else had bad luck with HC bows?

Cant answer your question but I will say in my opinion Back in the late 80s High country built the best bows out there. I still have a 1988 Trophy Taker. Seems they went on the slide when they left Idaho.

i have a new SSR and i havent had any problems with it. what HCA bow did you get. maybe your right, you did just get a lemon. T

I have shot a high country since 1997 and have never had a problem with it. But several of my freinds bought new high countrys in the last two years and have had problems with the limbs cracking. This was only a problem on the 14" solid limb bows. I am in the process of looking for a new bow and after all their problems I think I am going to switch to bowtech. Good luck

Try PSE.
I'm shooting a computition spoiler,
solid limbs.
Never had a problem with them.
the bow is wisper quiet,
I know they have come out with new style, faster, & more expensive bows, but i cann't justify giving mine up.

I'm not a fan, I worked in a pro shop for several years and saw lots of HC bows coming through.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom