High End sunglasses

Edge. Keeps me legal at work for saftey glasses and only $15. Had a high end spy sunglasses. 2 months later they vanished. Basically $300 gone.

I've had a pair of Costa's that I bought a few years ago for fishing. They have held up well and I'm happy with them. They do help me see in the water a little better than cheap polarized glasses. Probably like Swarovski binoculars are going to be better than Vortex but the only people that will really notice the difference are those that spend a lot of time behind glass.

I need reading glasses for distance and close up both, so I can't buy just straight sun glasses. I found some 2.0 readers that were sun glasses at the Dollar Store. They're great! I bought all 5 pairs that they had. If I drop a pair off the kayak, no big deal.

I have a pair of Costa 580 Gs. They are new and I look forward to driving or fishing with them. They are supposed to be the best in clarity there is. Now if I can keep from losing them.

$15 - $20 "cheap" versions. You do a lot of fishing (spending time behind glass) and things happen.

The "vortex" version work just as well as the "swaro" version when sight fishing, just to throw that out there...

I wont spend more than $150 on sun glasses anymore. They always get dropped and then you've got a knick on the lens just in the wrong spot for the life of the glasses. Not worth it in my book.....

I wont spend more than $150 on sun glasses anymore. They always get dropped and then you've got a knick on the lens just in the wrong spot for the life of the glasses. Not worth it in my book.....
That's why I don't spend more than $20. The extra $130 is a handful of boat tank top-offs every year, a new rod, a subscription to Huntin' Fool to help me on the draws...

Nemesis.
Good glasses, not pricy, extras lying around all the time so I have them when I want/need them.
Zeke

That's why I don't spend more than $20. The extra $130 is a handful of boat tank top-offs every year, a new rod, a subscription to Huntin' Fool to help me on the draws...
But can you get a decent pair of polarized glasses to see those big largemouths on their beds for $20? C'Mon!!

Switched from Oakley to Costa a few years ago. The Reefton model are ridiculously comfortable for me. I have a scar on my cornea so I have to wear sunglasses all the time.

Wiley X.

This. Having owned all of the above and more (Revo’s aren’t mentioned yet), Wiley X are great. They are designed by guys who do stuff in them all day and it shows. Fit is fantastic and there is minimal distortion in your peripheral.

They still aren’t worth a damn to shoot in. You want shooting glasses, then you want Decot’s or something similar.

$15 - $20 "cheap" versions. You do a lot of fishing (spending time behind glass) and things happen.

The "vortex" version work just as well as the "swaro" version when sight fishing, just to throw that out there...
Good point. I agree that the more expensive sun glasses is not the best place to spend $$ if you want to catch more fish. Fortunately I've had my Costa's for about 4 years now and they are still in great shape and I haven't lost or broke them yet.

Good point. I agree that the more expensive sun glasses is not the best place to spend $$ if you want to catch more fish. Fortunately I've had my Costa's for about 4 years now and they are still in great shape and I haven't lost or broke them yet.
I often don a Bill Dance costume when I hit the water. That's why I use the "oh-well" versions.

how did you get those?
The last pair I got at Lens Crafters. I got the prescription from my optometrist and brought it in, but I think you can get a prescription at Lens Crafters. I also believe if you have a prescription you can get them on line but I am not sure. They were not cheap but they are great glasses.

Mark

The last pair I got at Lens Crafters. I got the prescription from my optometrist and brought it in, but I think you can get a prescription at Lens Crafters. I also believe if you have a prescription you can get them on line but I am not sure. They were not cheap but they are great glasses.

Mark
thanks I will look into it

I second the ZZ Top Video...I go thru sun-glasses like the politicians with the mask mandate..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom