HMA draw odds

chipc

Very Active Member
I've looked over the WGFD website for HMA draw odds but no luck. Does anyone know if they publish that data ? THANKS. Chip

They used to have the info, I’ve called and gotten it, but with the new hma front end they dropped it. I called and bitched but I’m sending an email shortly to see if they’ll reinstate it.

Thanks Bob. Thats a good idea. I'll do the same. I'm sure many others would find that info useful.

I called about it last year and was told it was not published data. I asked for a figure and the best I got was an estimate.

I applied for 3 HMAS while we were out there hu ting this year and drew instantly. They're just a quota right? They grant permission until they reach the amount of hunters they allow in.

We were also given permission from the owner directly on one of them. Just filled out a form and they signed the map for us.

Many HMA's have limited amount of permits and require an application in advance - usually in July. Sometimes there are more applicants than permits so not everyone "draws". Thats what I was referring to.

I called yesterday and got a similar response to what MuleyBuck did. They told me that their new system does not mine that data so its no longer available. Its funny (but not) how these "software upgrades" leave you with less information than you had before the "upgrade". The really nice person at the WGFD office chuckled and said "yeah, you're not the first one" when I told him to pass on my disappointment.

I just clicked on this thread to look at Chipc’s profile pic of that buck. One of my all time favorites ever posted!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom