Hog hunt

lovehunting

Any body have recommendations on a hog hunt for my son and I. We are DIY hunters that have only hunted big game on public land. Never could afford to hire a guide, but would consider if it’s not too expensive. Was thinking more of a trespass fee to hunt on land. We would be driving from New Mexico.

There's a number of public places in Texas to hunt pigs. The Annual Public Hunting Permit book is available online.

Here's 3 sows from East Texas.

27403457071101.jpg

Unless you're shooting them from a helicopter people should nearly be paying you to hunt them. You pay whatever you're comfortable with but there's plenty of people who would let you do it for free.

I say this as a resident of Texas. No hunting license is needed, any means of taking game is allowed, can be hunted using thermal imaging optics and/or night vision with IR laser, suppressors are highly encouraged and so are fully automatic firearms. It's quite literally "anything goes". Heck I've seen people run them down on a side by side because the passenger couldn't shoot them all fast enough.

Bob Elliott at 940-782-1079 is a guy who does hunts in North Texas.

818 Ranch is $300 per person, unlimited hogs, 3 people hunting party max, 3 days and that price includes lodging. if you shoot a boar hog bigger than the ranch record you get $200 back. They also offer deer hunts for very reasonable prices if you wanted to snag a 2-fer while you're there. Not sure on where that one is located though.

If you're on facebook I'd recommend joining Texas Hog Hunters Association FB page and then just reach out to people on there. All kinds of people constantly looking for people to come to their property to hunt hogs. Usually for free but sometimes a small fee. If you want to pay $400-$500 then just google "Texas Hog Hunting Ranch". I found some not far from NM doing that but they are more in that $300+ ballpark.

I am in the process of putting together a spreadsheet of a variety of Texas Hog Hunt ranches for some guys who want to head out that way from Cali for a hog hunt. If you want, send me a PM with a good email address and when I get it all together I will email it out to you. Should be by the end of the week.

I'd be interested in your hog hunting list.
[email protected].

I went down in April to the S4Ranch. High fence, other exotic game animals, set blinds, they buy large number of locally trapped hogs and turn loss on their property. $475.00 for three days - lodging and food included/up to 3 hogs. You can research and add to your list it you want. I'm just interested to see what else is out there.

Was a great time with son and friends, but interest to see what else is out there that you found. Thanks, Rick.

I am in the process of putting together a spreadsheet of a variety of Texas Hog Hunt ranches for some guys who want to head out that way from Cali for a hog hunt. If you want, send me a PM with a good email address and when I get it all together I will email it out to you. Should be by the end of the week.
PM Sent. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

I got everyeone's PMS's but havent responded to any, my apologies. Been busy. I did compile the start of a spreadsheet. I didn't get it as complete as I would have liked. One thing that I realized in my search is that some places are ranches, other outfitters are leasing multiple properties all over a certain county or even multiple counties. So in terms of where to stay for lodging, where you'll actually be hunting, varies depending on time of year, number of people, etc. It's a pretty fluid situation to attempt to perform "spreadsheet analysis" on. Some provide lodging and others don't. I will email everyone who asked me for it via PM but its not as complete as I would have liked.

Why would anyone from Cali need to go to Texas to shoot hogs?.....unless it's a helicopter hunt....

I got everyeone's PMS's but havent responded to any, my apologies. Been busy. I did compile the start of a spreadsheet. I didn't get it as complete as I would have liked. One thing that I realized in my search is that some places are ranches, other outfitters are leasing multiple properties all over a certain county or even multiple counties. So in terms of where to stay for lodging, where you'll actually be hunting, varies depending on time of year, number of people, etc. It's a pretty fluid situation to attempt to perform "spreadsheet analysis" on. Some provide lodging and others don't. I will email everyone who asked me for it via PM but its not as complete as I would have liked.
I would imagine there is no "set scheme" for all of this. I appreciate you trying at all.

Why would anyone from Cali need to go to Texas to shoot hogs?.....unless it's a helicopter hunt....
Everywhere that I have seen in Cali, and I haven't looked at a ton of places, has 1 or 2 hogs for $800 or so. I've gone to Texas for unlimited hogs for $400. I am never opposed to going anywhere else, it was just way, way cheaper. My $.02.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom