Hogg Wrap

COSA

About to purchase a spot hogg sight. Is the hogg wrap worth the $50 if I only hunt out west/spot and stalk. I read it can be "too bright" during the day.

I have a hogg wrap on the smallest 5 pin housing Spott Hogg makes. I also have the .010 diameter fibers and with that set up they are never too bright regardless of light conditions outside. Maybe with larger diameter fibers they could become too bright, creating a halo effect but I have not had any issues. I honestly don't know if the wrap is worth it, I didn't notice a big difference in my sight with or without but again, maybe that is because of the small fiber optics that I choose??

I added the wrap to my Hunter Hoggit 5 pin. It has the smaller pins(.19 I think). I like the protection the wrap adds and like the brightness. I have a hard time seeing the yellow pin against a white target when practicing.

I have one of each, wrapped and without. The wrap really isn't needed under normal lighting conditions. I use my wrapped sight when in a groundblind and the non-wrapped sight on my spot and stalk bow. Also the wrapped sight is not too bright in the open.

Well worth it. For the protection, if nothing else. Yes it's brighter but definitely not too bright.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom