Hogue Overmolded Stock?

legacy

Very Active Member
Weighing my options for a new stock for my 700 BDL. Any opinions or experience with the Hogue W/ Full bed block?

The Hogue with full alum. bedding block is set up for a free floating barrel. If your rifle shoots best with a free floated barrel it would be a good stock for you. The gillie green is not bad looking for a sny. stock. Also better then most stocks when using in cold weather when you put your cheek on the stock and does not make as much noise, as other stocks, if you brush it against tree limbs while stalking closer to an animal.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-14 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]I put one on my 700 30-06 ADL 8 yrs ago when I cracked the stock and love it. Full alum. bed. Flat black.
Did a conversion to BDL and dropped in a Timney. Feels great in your hands and not cold or slick. Weather proof, indestructable finish. No noise when it bangs on rocks and such.Very light I think.
I feel it greatly improved an already accurate rifle. And I can shoot a box of ammo with no sore shoulder.

My son has one and I've handled his gun several times. The feel is thick but the touch is silky soft. Holds well and has a good feel in the hands. Not hard like a synthetic or wood. Too me hogue has a feel all of their own.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Bought the Hogue and got it on my rifle yesterday. Fits perfectly and feels awesome! Can't wait to shoot it! Thanks again for the input!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom