Homecoming

2lumpy

Long Time Member
The little band of Alfalfa Bandits, that winter in my yard showed up last night, after our early October snow storm. Nice to have them back home for a while. Their fawns sure look small this year. Maybe it’s just my negitive imagination at work.....again.

F8F86617-1D01-4CE8-9299-6A977372B524.jpeg

DCA52E6E-E465-4369-9D3B-065E0A374AC1.jpeg

A009BBFC-6246-4FED-9BB2-9C724AEBFF5D.jpeg

I'm glad they're back for you to enjoy this year. I think most of us on these hunting sites that are lucky enough to live outside of cement cities really enjoy watching wildlife in their daily lives. I've been watching a flock of 15 turkeys that flies down from the roost tree to my barn and then spends the next hour or two every morning picking up the last of the end of season grasshoppers on my acreage.

I'm glad they're back for you to enjoy this year. I think most of us on these hunting sites that are lucky enough to live outside of cement cities really enjoy watching wildlife in their daily lives. I've been watching a flock of 15 turkeys that flies down from the roost tree to my barn and then spends the next hour or two every morning picking up the last of the end of season grasshoppers on my acreage.
I sure do agree. It’s great. Doesn’t seem to matter the species really. Its great to watch their behaviors. The mule deer are a hoot. They all have different personalities and their interaction is actually pretty amazing.

All lot of folks drive by in the evening and park in front of the house........ to see the deer. My wife keeps a hawk eye on the folks...... to make sure they show proper respect for “her babies”.

We had our first guest last week before the storm. Last two days lots of deer on our place plus elk are so close you can hear them bugling.
Pretty dang cool, but a little early for me!

Our early season deer hunt started Weds. There was one yearlying with them, he was gone last night. There is a another yearlying out here this morning. He likely be gone before noon. They don’t last long here.

It was interesting because both of them were lip curling and checking does aggressively. Seems like a couple weeks early from most years.

Maybe the moon watchers that have been predicting an early rut are right.

I'm envious of all you guys that still get to watch wild game out your windows. The last time I was able to do that was in Colorado during the 70s. Now I just get feral cats, gecko lizards & pigeons with an occasional dove mixed in.

The timber company across the road from me has been logging all summer. Mostly all Redwood and sometimes our entire house shakes when one hits the ground. It triggers my PTSD from back in the 60's.....just kidding. I love the sound of falling timber in the morning.

Anyhow, it keeps the deer stirred up and they come onto our property a lot more than normal. I've seen some really nice bucks that I would never guess lived so close.

The timber company across the road from me has been logging all summer. Mostly all Redwood and sometimes our entire house shakes when one hits the ground. It triggers my PTSD from back in the 60's.....just kidding. I love the sound of falling timber in the morning.

Anyhow, it keeps the deer stirred up and they come onto our property a lot more than normal. I've seen some really nice bucks that I would never guess lived so close.
You must live in a pretty cool place eel. You should share some picture of that terrain sometime.

Some really cool places here!! I’m lucky enough to live in small enough down that it’s normal to see deer in the middle of town. A 2 minute drive from the house and I can glass hunters of deer (and some elk) rutting right now. Life is good down here

Our early season deer hunt started Weds. There was one yearlying with them, he was gone last night. There is a another yearlying out here this morning. He likely be gone before noon. They don’t last long here.

It was interesting because both of them were lip curling and checking does aggressively. Seems like a couple weeks early from most years.

Maybe the moon watchers that have been predicting an early rut are right.
Yep my grandpa and uncles have big ranches here in Utah and they said they were able to do things (planting all that stuff) earlier this year then most other years. They saw it coming and didn’t get effected by it but never underestimate the thoughts and opinions of some old life long ranchers/cowboys they’ve got lots of experience and have usually seen a lot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom