Homeless wasting taxpayer dollars.....

Wiszard

Long Time Member

“The most frustrating part of it is we’ve spent $80 million and the problem has gotten worse,” said 5th District Supervisor Steve Lavagnino, although he didn’t fault the staff or the efforts being made.

No, it's not the homeless wasting taxpayer dollars. It's gov't that's wasting it.
That is true in a sense......however the gov't didn't create the homelessness. The initial problem is that people allow themselves to become homeless. That is a fact. Everybody's story is different so we can't argue WHY people become homeless.

The other side of that is the gov't supplies homeless with $$ and necessities. This has stopped some of the homeless from working on becoming non-homeless. Just my 2 cents.....

The Salinas River took care of thousand of tents and thousands of pound of human **** and bum trash......mother nature only takes so much......Monterey Bay is a temporary cesspool....

It's too late to change course now. Liberals fixed it beyond repair.

Damn straight , the US Is full of people robbing taxpayers of money. It is a criminal enterprise never seen at this level before. Too much of it to ever get straightened out. If it really got exposed enough to drum those crooks out then more will find a different way to fleece funds.

That is true in a sense......however the gov't didn't create the homelessness. The initial problem is that people allow themselves to become homeless. That is a fact. Everybody's story is different so we can't argue WHY people become homeless.

The other side of that is the gov't supplies homeless with $$ and necessities. This has stopped some of the homeless from working on becoming non-homeless. Just my 2 cents.....

We don't know why people are homeless, that is true. We also don't know why people allow themselves to become homeless and why that condition persists for them.

We do know that gov't doesn't do them any favors by doling out dollars the way they do. Imagine it would look like today had the gov't funded homelessness in the 1930's instead of implementing work projects...

it’s a housing problem.

and in the 30’s the “homeless” okies fleeing the dust bowl who were picking the fields were treated the same way as the working homeless are now.

edit: drugs, mental illness as well. all fixable problems but screw helping people right?

Last edited:
Over 90% of them are drug addicts. They lost their ability to work so the government steps in and gives them SSI or some kind of welfare money. They figured out that they could spend that money on drugs and just camp out somewhere. People feed them from food banks and other free places.

Homeless people don't have a hard life at all. I feel sorry for the sucker who gets up every day and goes to work to pay rent, support a car, buy his own food, utilities, insurances, etc.

Work or don't eat, I say. Take the money away from the government and a lot of problems will fix themselves.

Good eye Wisz on the article, I don't know. if it was the same one, I read but the county is applying for a six-million-dollar grant to help solve the problem??? I'd like to meet this Grant guy and have a little sent my way. By the way one got flushed out of the river down here, and he lost everything he had?? the givers down here were looking for donations for him. You wouldn't happen to have an extra sleeping bag? How about the guy a couple weeks ago they were trying to rescue in the river when they got down there in the river his wife was having a baby in the riverbed. Yep, just keep throwing more money at it sort of like the education system.

it’s a housing problem.

and in the 30’s the “homeless” okies fleeing the dust bowl who were picking the fields were treated the same way as the working homeless are now.

edit: drugs, mental illness as well. all fixable problems but screw helping people right?

Not talking about how the homeless okies were treated and what they were fleeing.

Besides, the homeless are invincible. No covid of any kind affected them.

Not talking about how the homeless okies were treated and what they were fleeing.

Besides, the homeless are invincible. No covid of any kind affected them.
i’m just pointing the obvious opinion that the homeless are a scab on society, present then and now
just pul your self up by your boots straps right?

it’s a housing problem.

Ya....there's not enough housing. That's why people are homeless.

Your edit is the reason....not a lack of housing.

Earn money, be a useful human being...or don't...just earn money and you'll have a place to live if you'd like one.

that’s the thing wizard
Ya....there's not enough housing. That's why people are homeless.

Your edit is the reason....not a lack of housing.

Earn money, be a useful human being...or don't...just earn money and you'll have a place to live if you'd like one.
people can barely afford a house working minimum wage and barely afford rent

also your lack of empathy is disturbing

If homeless is the same thing as houseless there is a fix. Build 10,000 modest homes and let them move in for $300/month. If you're smart, you'll build them out of fireproof materials because drug addicts are weird. They're drug addicts so you'll have to provide maid service and chefs. Hire landscapers to keep up their yard. Provide a drug rehab facility for those who want that. Next to it build a pharmacy that carries all the illegal drugs they may want and see which one gets used the most. Build a supermarket where they can get free food because everybody deserves food security. A free health clinic is a must too because we all know healthcare is a basic right.

As soon as those 10,000 homes are occupied there will be 1,000,000 more standing in line for place to live too.

Just raise taxes on the guy who works for a living to pay for it.

that’s the thing wizard

people can barely afford a house working minimum wage and barely afford rent

also your lack of empathy is disturbing
Working minimum wage was created for teenagers to produce social skills...not raise a family, let alone themselves on.

I feel bad for anyone who has squandered the one life given to us. You make of it what you want. If you end up homeless, there is one person to blame. A little more effort than what said person was giving probably would have benefited them.

I guess we see life differently and that is a good thing. It sheds light on other perspectives. Thanks for sharing.

we agree, i was homeless living in my car for 5 years. I worked low income jobs and saved but living out of my car was the only way to save. when my wife met me i was still living out of my car but had a better job with the park service. we got married, dual income saved, we bought a nice home now and a beautiful kid.

that’s kind of my point though is unfortunately people do have to work minimum wage jobs for a living and they often work two of them working 12-16 hours a day. with rent the way it is and air b and b there is a shortage of affordable housing. never being able to save is the shits.

getting the people the help they need isn’t a problem it’s a solution. yes ellgrass there should be affordable housing for people to have a chance to have a slightly better life then being casted out.

i dealt with that attitude from people like i was worthless and nobody deserves that.

we agree, i was homeless living in my car for 5 years. I worked low income jobs and saved but living out of my car was the only way to save. when my wife met me i was still living out of my car but had a better job with the park service. we got married, dual income saved, we bought a nice home now and a beautiful kid.

that’s kind of my point though is unfortunately people do have to work minimum wage jobs for a living and they often work two of them working 12-16 hours a day. with rent the way it is and air b and b there is a shortage of affordable housing. never being able to save is the shits.

getting the people the help they need isn’t a problem it’s a solution. yes ellgrass there should be affordable housing for people to have a chance to have a slightly better life then being casted out.

i dealt with that attitude from people like i was worthless and nobody deserves that.
I am happy for you that you figured a way to get out of living in your car.
Last year, I had a mobile home listed in a park. It was not in great shape and relatively cheap. Long story short, I represented a buyer and he closed escrow on it. He was homeless....about 60 but had been living in a Good Samaritan shelter. There is housing for homeless peeps....they may choose not to indulge. There are rules....can't sit there all day...can't drink or do drugs....things productive people in society don't do on a regular basis. I don't know if you had options to NOT live in your car but I would assume most cities these days have those options. Now, granted if this was 25 years ago, you may not have had any other options than living in your car.

When I was 16, my first job was a minimum wage job. Back in 1986 it was $2.35 per hour. NOBODY was supporting themselves on minimum wage.....NOBODY. Here's the thing that is scary...if everyone knew that in 2022 minimum wage was going to be $17, you think anyone would have gone to college? No one working minimum wage would have expected this much inflation. Back then, management positions were paying $17 per hour.

I am glad you have a better life. Everyone deserves it....and I firmly believe everyone has the ABILITY to make a good life for themselves...it just takes more effort than what they may be putting out now. You're a prime example.

What is affordable housing? And how do we get it?

Lotsa respect for someone who worked their way out of a hole as you and your wife did.

We could have more affordable housing if the state and local government got out of the way. What I paid for my first house wouldn't even cover the permit fees to build it now.

Hows Them PISSCUTTER STIMULUS Checks Treating Everybody Just About F'N Now?
Haven't seen one yet. We're only supposed to get $250 because we fit in the "making under $500K per year" bracket. If you're making $499K a year, what is an extra $250 gonna do for ya??

If homeless is the same thing as houseless there is a fix. Build 10,000 modest homes and let them move in for $300/month. If you're smart, you'll build them out of fireproof materials because drug addicts are weird. They're drug addicts so you'll have to provide maid service and chefs. Hire landscapers to keep up their yard. Provide a drug rehab facility for those who want that. Next to it build a pharmacy that carries all the illegal drugs they may want and see which one gets used the most. Build a supermarket where they can get free food because everybody deserves food security. A free health clinic is a must too because we all know healthcare is a basic right.

As soon as those 10,000 homes are occupied there will be 1,000,000 more standing in line for place to live too.

Wow that just might work. Until we run out of other people's money ?

That Wasn't Directed At Just You Wisz!

You Must Of Got The Same Treatment I Did!

They Handed Them Lil Ole STIMULUS Checks Out & Have We Ever Paid For It Ever Since!

Once again:

Who Voted For This JOKER?

Haven't seen one yet. We're only supposed to get $250 because we fit in the "making under $500K per year" bracket. If you're making $499K a year, what is an extra $250 gonna do for ya??

Truth is you could do all that and 9/10 would STILL f#$k it up !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom