Homer Charter

Homer Ocean Charters. Been going with them for years both fishing and hunting. I will be back the end of June again this year. Top notch all the way.

2nd Homer ocean charters had a great fishing and hunting trip with them saw 42 bears May 10th 2 years ago was one of the high lights of my hunting/fishing shot a cinnamon bear and caught a 148 pound halibut on the same day. Said it was only the second cinnamon bear killed in his 29 years of doing transport hunts

Be sure and get all the information on COVID testing that is required by the State of Alaska. We are leaving this Wed. and it has been a pain and taken a while. There is specific test and forms that need to be filled out. This has the potential to be a difficult deal for anyone.

We are heading to Homer in early September to go halibut fishing for a few days and was hoping to bring this thread back to life for some updates. The above recommendations sound good and will check their availability. Thanks in advance!!!

Just got back from Ketchikan last week. Only requirement was mask both in airport and on the plane. a gal got thrown off the plane in Seattle for giving the crew a hard time with what she had written her mask...dum b**ch.

Be prepared to work your$$$ off catching halibut. Good to eat but a lot of work getting them in the boat. We were fishing in 375' of water for the bigger fish ( nothing over 25#) and after you bring them up a couple times you just want to say "enough". We caught a ton of smaller fish in shallow water.

The biggest was about 22-23 #s. A bunch were 5-7#s. My biggest ever was 239 #s caught years ago at LanGara Island BC. I wished I hadn't kept it But the guide wanted to brag as it was the biggest caught that year at The Outpost Lodge. I still feel bad about that.

We were salmon fishing but had to work for them. Four of us caught our one/day limits all three days...biggest was about 25#. A sea lion got my biggest. I lost two to them...GRRRRR. I caught /played to the boat 9 fish plus 6-7 coho. We caught the smaller halibut while "mooching" for salmon. Never "mooched" before but it was productive. Fished with Shelter Cove Lodge out of Craig AK...Dave Creighton. Really exceptional in every aspect. They will take 600 fisherman this year, up from 400 last year and they turned away another 28 groups. BUY the Way Dave refunded or rolled over all guest from last year that wanted to delay because of Covid. Excellent equipment and guides.

I received a lot of suggestions/recommendations and everyone advised booking a trip in advance. So we booked early w/ Bob's Trophy Charters out of Homer and J-Dock Charters out of Seward. Thanks
Does anyone have any other favorite things to do in and around Homer, Seward, Whittier? We've go to keep the wives happy!
If there is available time, we may make the drive to Valdez and take a boat tour of Prince William Sound as I've heard it's incredible.
Thanks, y'all!!!

I received a lot of suggestions/recommendations and everyone advised booking a trip in advance. So we booked early w/ Bob's Trophy Charters out of Homer and J-Dock Charters out of Seward. Thanks
Does anyone have any other favorite things to do in and around Homer, Seward, Whittier? We've go to keep the wives happy!
If there is available time, we may make the drive to Valdez and take a boat tour of Prince William Sound as I've heard it's incredible.
Thanks, y'all!!!
Not much to do in Whittier. It’s beautiful though. Seward you can hike to some glaciers or go to the sea life center.

Homer is more for the views, lots of great hippy places to eat.

Thanks, y'all!!!
You can take a boat ride to see Kenai Fjord National park and see the glaciers falling into the ocean. Hike to see Exit Glacier. Also, if you are willing to do an easy 5 mile round trip hike, hike to see the salmon jumping and the possibility of seeing a bear fishing at the Russian River falls near Cooper Landing.

I just returned from Alaska on Tuesday. We fished 3 days with Capt. Will and J-Dock. My third trip with them and will be booking with them again for 2023. 2022 has us booked for a Canada trip that's been pushed back from last year.

You can take a boat ride to see Kenai Fjord National park and see the glaciers falling into the ocean. Hike to see Exit Glacier. Also, if you are willing to do an easy 5 mile round trip hike, hike to see the salmon jumping and the possibility of seeing a bear fishing at the Russian River falls near Cooper Landing.

I just returned from Alaska on Tuesday. We fished 3 days with Capt. Will and J-Dock. My third trip with them and will be booking with them again for 2023. 2022 has us booked for a Canada trip that's been pushed back from last year.
How did you do with will? I heard he finally moved up full time. Post pics!!!

How did you do with will? I heard he finally moved up full time. Post pics!!!
We limited on halibut, yellow eye rock fish, black rock fish and caught a ton of pacific cod, silver salmon and smaller ling cod. Didn't catch any monster halibut, but the others make for better table fare, IMHO. It was my second time fishing with Will, but won't be the last. We did some exploring out towards Nuka Island and didn't hit his usual haunts in the Sound. Had a freaking blast.

We limited on halibut, yellow eye rock fish, black rock fish and caught a ton of pacific cod, silver salmon and smaller ling cod. Didn't catch any monster halibut, but the others make for better table fare, IMHO. It was my second time fishing with Will, but won't be the last. We did some exploring out towards Nuka Island and didn't hit his usual haunts in the Sound. Had a freaking blast.
Nice! Fishing has been slow around Nuka island. We didn’t catch anything big there either.

Great report, graybird!!! We'll be fishing w/ J-Dock in 3 weeks! I sure hope the good fishing keeps up when we're there. Thanks for the recommendations on things to do in and around Seward. We are planning a day cruise to the Kenai Fjords NP and doing a little hiking to the Exit Glacier. Thanks again and congrats on a successful fishing trip!

B0E3CD78-21C3-4297-B92A-26AD0B1EEC7F.jpeg

My yellow eye for the box.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom