Honda vs. Yamaha

safetyguy

I'm looking into getting a new generator either the Honda 2000 or the Yamaha 2000. Not having owned either one before, what do you guys think? I can get the Yamaha online much cheaper than the Honda. Does anyone have any experience with the Yamaha?

Honda is hard to beat (i have 2),however, you can't go wrong with the Yamaha. From what I've been told,buddy has the Yamaha,the Yamaha is more difficult when it comes to maintenance (oil change/adding). With that being said I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Yamaha. Good luck.

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE YAMAHA, BUT OUR HONDA IS SUPER QUIET.......AND THATS IMPORTANT.............YD.

I've got a Honda 2000 for 6 years. It owes me nothing. I have several hundred hours on it in both work and camping and it still runs like new. Never have had a Yamaha, if it were half the price then I'd consider it.

I ended up getting the Yamaha. It had a couple of features that I like. Fuel gauge, gas shut-off on the carburetor, longer run time, and included battery charging cables. Plus, I was able to pick it up for a total, including tax, for $854.00 with free shipping. The literature also claims it's 2 decibels quieter than the Honda when running on Eco mode, and 2 decibels louder when at full throttle. I have access to sound level meters, so I think I'll do a little testing with my friend's Honda. So far it runs great and seems to be extremely quiet. Easy to hold a normal conversation just a few feet away. Right now I just need to break it in properly, any suggestions out there on break in?

Honda all the way for me. I have two that work together and they are great. Pretty quiet good on gas usage. I have a buddy with yamahas and he doesn’t like them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom