Honest Opinions on WY Antelope Unit 90

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
Looking for honest opinions from anyone that has hunted Wyoming antelope in unit 90-1, 90-2, or both preferrably. It looks like I have close to enough points (I have 4) to draw the 90-1 tag this year judging by last years draw results. Should I go for this tag or hold out for 90-2 for another year or two? Are the units different enough in quality and quantity of bucks to hold out or do you recommend going with 90-1?

Any info that you would be willing to share on the 90-1 and 90-2 hunts would be much appreciated -feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Cory

The projected draw odd courtesy from hunters trail head is as follows
90-1 with 4 points 100%
90-2 with 4 points 3.3%

Take your pick.

They're antelope and they're pretty much everywhere all across the state.

I've always scratched my head as to why some areas are so hard to draw when right across the road can be drawn every year.

If you're coming from Utah you're gonna drive by hundreds of antelope just getting there.

You'll have a good hunt in either unit.

"Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog." Peter Griffin aka The Family Guy

I have hunted 90-2 and spent some time in type 1. You are basically hunting the same class of pronghorns. Both have ample public land available and both have respectable bucks. Another year or two will not guarantee you the type 2 tag and to be honest you shouldn't expect any better animal from type 2. I can give you more specific information if you would like...just PM me.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom