honey holes

wybighorn

I see more and more people asking for places to hunt, look for sheds, or scout out. They always say, "I'm not looking for any honey holes, but...."

Anyway, I thought that I would post this picture of my last outing with my boys. We hiked hard... up down and ridges and different canyons, but at the end of the day, the result was a rotted out antelope shed and an old spike.

6821img_1582.jpg

I guess my point is that honey holes aren't geographic locations but rather the memories made. Even though it was a terrible day as far as finding sheds, I had a great day with my boys and I look forward to the next outing with them.

Not always about "honey holes" or how many antlers you can find...it's about "Hunting...ALWAYS an adventure" My son-in-law and grandson came to visit last year, and the first thing they wanted to do is to go "horn huntin' with Papa". I slipped a couple of very small "seed" antlers into my coat pocket unbeknownst to them. BUT we had a great time, and didn't really need the "seeds". One of my most memorable outings-EVER!
2553shed_hunt_with_boys.jpg

Now that you have found where not to go, can you post that area for me so I can find a honey hole without too much useless walking? I'm not looking for anyones honey holes, just don't want to hike where there ain't no sheds....JK

And they think you're just out looking for sheds. Enjoy the days, because before you know it, they are all grown up and gone to do other things.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom