Hornady 385 bullets

Turkey4

Just bought some Hornady great plains 385 all LED bullets try to load one in my tradition Northwest mortex ultralight Magnum and could only get it to go flush with the end of the barrel no matter how hard I push it was not going down the barrel mibor is a 502 anybody have any idea what the diameter of the 385 bullets are.

I shoot them In 3 of my White Whitetails, and really like how they perform. They are a snug fit and take some pressure to seat them. The WT's are .504"

Do you have a short starter? Makes a world of difference when starting snug bullets. Have a loading jag attached to the short starter and give it a ?whap? with your palm to get them started well

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Yes I have a short started with a Jag, and I gave it a good smack and it just does not want to go down.at this point I think I'm just going to go ahead and order the sizing kit from no excuse bullets and see what happens, I've been shooting the powerbelt 295 all LED and get good grouping with that I was just looking for something a little bigger for a cow elk hunt that's coming up

Reclaimed the barrel real good scrubbed out with a 20 gauge bore brush and tried the Hornady 385 again with my short starter and it popped right in and load it easy thanks everybody for all the information can't wait to get out and try them

They shoot pretty well. I would never trust them with an elk. To be honest I don't trust them for deer. When Hornady quit making the 410 flat nose I started paper patching my own bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom