Hornady Bore Driver FTX

pwrlineman

The new Hornady Bore Drivers are the most accurate full bore Bullets I’ve tested. I tried a few different full bore bullets this summer with disappointing results. These Horandy’s shoot 1 inch clover leafs at 100 yards with 105grains of BH out of my knight muzzleloader. I’m looking forward to testing them with one of my CVA’s now that I’ve been able to get my hands on a good stash of bullets.

19DEC917-0255-46B3-A5C2-43D170B40FB4.jpeg

What do you plan on hunting with them?
Deer. I’d like to verify their legal for Colorado because I’d prefer to use them over the power belts. I’d assume they are legal since they’re full bore and not a true sabot. Hornady doesn’t provide any info other than they’ve reached out to the various state agencies for confirmation.

Last edited:
They would be great for deer but marginal for elk. But def better than PowerBelts for either. If deer only I think you found a great combo.

Have you tried the new Federal BOR bullets? They come in a 350 gr lead alloy version. If elk is a possibility the bigger size makes me feel more confident.

They would be great for deer but marginal for elk. But def better than PowerBelts for either. If deer only I think you found a great combo.

Have you tried the new Federal BOR bullets? They come in a 350 gr lead alloy version. If elk is a possibility the bigger size makes me feel more confident.
I’ve tried the Federal BOR several different times and have never been able to achieve any acceptable accuracy with the knight or CVA.

Accuracy trumps size. It appears to be a well constructed bullet. Put it where it belongs and it should do the job.
I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform on game. I suspect they’ll perform quite well with the interlock ring that Hornady uses. I’ll report back later if my son is fortunate enough to tag an elk next weekend (still checking to verify legal status). Otherwise, they’ll be my go to for deer.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform on game. I suspect they’ll perform quite well with the interlock ring that Hornady uses. I’ll report back later if my son is fortunate enough to tag an elk next weekend (still checking to verify legal status). Otherwise, they’ll be my go to for deer.
Any updated on performance on elk?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom