Hornady Interlock

Calif_Mike

I've been working up a load for my 338 Win. Have tried and tried Nosler Partitions with no luck for consistent groups. Wanted to try Accubonds but every place I check is out of 225 grainers. On a whim I tossed some 225 Interlocks down range last week and got a one ragged hole 3 shot group. So this weekend I tried a five shot group and got a group just under 3/4 of an inch.

My question is, how has this bullet worked for guys on elk? Any issues on coming apart on shoulder bones?

Thanks,
CA_Mike

Hornady has made great bullets for years. I doubt that you'll have any serious issues with them and they'll do the job for you.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-10 AT 05:17PM (MST)[p]The 225 grain 338 win. Interlocks are awesome bullets for the price, I have killed several elk with them. A few years back on a Colorado hunt, I killed a 280 class 6pt on a quartering away shot. The bullet ended up on the other side of the elk, right next to his jaw bone. The bullet travelled from his ribs all the way through his body until it stopped at the top of his neck, a good 3 ft or so of pentration and damage. The bullet was recovered and showed a perfect mushroon with almost all the weight retained once it peeled back to the interlock section...

I have also hit a couple elk in the shoulder with those bullets, don't remember any issues of bullet separation. The reality, two of them didn't take another step, TKOs..

Honestly, they are as good or better than the majority of the bullets on the market and seem to shoot rather well. That being said, I am going to try the Barnes bullets this year in my 338. But, I have never been let down by the Hornady interlocks.

Thanks guys.

I'm using a max load of Reloader 22, lit off with Rem 9 1/2M primers in Winchester brass. I'll have to look at my notes when I get home to give you the exact powder charge. I'm tickled to death with the groups as they are better than any I am getting from any of my other hunting rifles.

If interlocks were more expensive they'd get more respect. by far the best bullet for the money.

They will work great in the 338 win..I favor Speer hotcore's over interlocks..but they have been discontinued.

I am playing around with 70-71 grs of H4350 and Fed 215 primers. No time at the range , but H4350 was great in my old rifle with 210-NP. I also like RL22, but many say RL19 is the powder of choice.

I played with H4350 and H4831SC with so so accuracy and not much velocity. I have a lot of RE 22 on hand so I tried that and it worked great. I also hear RE 19 is a good one but I can't see that I will gain much over where I am right now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom