Horseback wilderness fishing adventure

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Any recommendations for an outfitter or pack service to facilitate a 5-7 day horseback remote fly fishing adventure for my boys and I this summer? Could be river bank or high mountain lakes - Frank Church or White Clouds just to throw out some starting points.

Wife and I did Big boulder lakes last July beautiful country great fishing we hiked with a horse and mule packing are glamping gear! I have also done frog lake and Boulder chain lakes all are in white clouds. white cloud outfitters has a camp over by boulder chain and they used to pack to big boulder lakes as well, I would start there. Doing the big horn Craig’s in August and have been watching all the YouTube videos I could find and the fish Didn’t look any where near as big as what we pulled out of white clouds. We camped at Walker lake which had small rainbows but Sheep, Cove,Sapphire,and Cirque all had large Cutts

Sawtooth Wilderness Outfitters can get you into the less traveled side of the Sawtooths, from Grandjean. Pretty cool country in there with a few less hippies from Sun Valley.

The previous recommendations are solid. The White Clouds idea is great. A little bit different type of trip, which still involves horses, but which is less mountainous but just as amazing is going with St Joe Outfitters in more northern Idaho. This is a 5 hour ride into the lodge on the beautiful St Joe river where the fly fishing is excellent and great for young people. This trip offers a chance for young people to truly learn to catch fish on a river as opposed to trying on high alpine lakes which I find harder on the fly for beginners. Check this out - you won’t be disappointed.

Bighorn Crags are awesome . Went there by horseback 2 years ago with the wife. Be prepared in case rain and winds have their way. We really enjoyed it and the fishing was good.

We booked a motorhome for mid June - to cover some country in Idaho and Wyoming on a fishing excursion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom