How big is this buck?

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
What are your thoughts on this buck's score? He is a straight 4 point and very symmetrical.

BCbuck3.jpg

BCbuck2.jpg

BCbuck1.jpg

I do think this buck is a shooter however I wouldnt say anywhere near 190....closer to 170. I am a pp hunter (patient & picky) and would have a touch time not letting an arrow fly! Very good looking dear.

This is a Utah buck - my Dad had him at 20 yards with no tag, only the camera :) My Brother-in-law and his Dad still have tags so hopefully they can find this buck again.

I really think this buck is closer to 190 than 170. Awesome eye guards, great main beam length, great mass, and decent tine length.

Other thoughts on score? - keep em coming.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-12 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]185" + or - a couple inches.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Id say an easy 180 or better id have a hard time not letting an arrow fly on him !

Make this a contest... Whoever gets closest, gets the GPS coordinates to hunt there next year...!! :D :D

He's bigger than my 171" buck by a mile.. I'd say he's a solid 186 2/8"

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

IDK the score, though he appears comparable to a buck I shot that most seem to think is mid 180s. He's a great example of muley buck. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat!

I think he's 180 class tops, can't see nowhere near 190.

Dandy though!! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

183" is my best geuss. They always look a little bigger in velvet. Beautiful typical buck. I hope you guys can find him again.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-12 AT 10:02AM (MST)[p]i got aroud 180. great buck, score has nothing on that buck! dont worry about the score he is a shooter on 95% of the units in the west. only a few units id consider passin him on. such as the pauns and henrys etc

If you saw that buck while archery hunting the Paunsaugunt, you better let an arrow fly!

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Looks like a solid 180 buck to me. I don't think he's even close to flirting with 190 but still a cranker buck in most areas.

Better mass then a 170 buck too short of tines for a 190 buck. So somewhere inbetween

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom