How bout some rain...

DBR

Hasn’t rained in south central NM all spring. Dirt tanks are drying up, grass is short and brown and the temp keeps going up. Sure could use some rain but none in sight, only more sunshine.

Mother nature should shift it your way, we get rain just about every other day this year and sometimes in buckets. Would love to send it your way.

Send all you want...

658394DA-7C4D-4313-A271-598C90987B9C.jpeg

60C55A7C-C486-4CDA-ADA6-16C3BA1B1FAC.jpeg

Ruidoso got a little rain Tuesday but it’s only rained in certain spots then it’s gone. I haven’t seen any big rain. Haven’t been able to turn my horses out to pasture this year because no rain = no new grass. Last year at this time the tanks had 3’ of water in them.

So say a guy had an elk tag for Ruidoso in September. With it being so dry do the elk move down to irrigated fields or do they stay At higher elevation where it’s more likely to get pop up thunderstorms?

So say a guy had an elk tag for Ruidoso in September. With it being so dry do the elk move down to irrigated fields or do they stay At higher elevation where it’s more likely to get pop up thunderstorms?
Will be plenty of rain before then. No worries.

Been drier than a popcorn fart in NW Colorado. Supposed to be a real wet day Saturday but we'll just have to wait and see for that. Most forecasting is wrong in the parts anyways.

Ton of rivers ? you mean a couple creeks called rivers ? 36 doesn’t have irrigated fields. 36 is pretty much mountains and some cattle pasture.

Call them creeks, rivers, springs, WATER SOURCES, in the mountains. Point is there is alternatives .

Thanks guys. First time there and been map scouting. Been concentrating on areas outside of the wilderness around tanks but this thread had me a little nervous.

It’s been hot and sunny and things are drying up pretty good. Any drainages in the wilderness are drying up. The Rio Bonito has still got water but with no moisture the grasses aren’t worth a dang this year. The drainages go under ground up in the wilderness then might sweep out 1/2 mile or so down stream and then go back underground. I hope we see some good moisture in July because as far into June as I see is more of the same...hot n dry

Monsoon is supposed to be average, nothing to make up for 3 dry years in a row.

Was up in unit 52 yesterday. For those with tags in 52/51 there is decent feed right now.

That’s fake news... don’t believe what they tell you on the weather channel! Been raining like crazy here. Time to build an ark.

Just came back from deep in the Gila wilderness and it was dry as hell. A short storm started a new fire just 15 miles from us. We need rain!

Hasn’t rained in south central NM all spring. Dirt tanks are drying up, grass is short and brown and the temp keeps going up. Sure could use some rain but none in sight, only more sunshine.
Was down in 16 this past weekend and all that was there was dry wind.

Right, I gather it is burning the old scar that wiped out some of my favorite trails from Willow Creek.
Yessir, cub could use a burn to get all that nasty locust n deadfall cleared, but it's moving north , not good. It's getting bigger quick. 1700 acres now.

Rain is back....Big time !!! Been raining all week off and on and the last two days we've had big downpours. Tanks are full again.

Saw water flowing big time this morning down the Rio Salado for the first time in the 20 years that I've lived in NM. It messed up my muzzleloader practice plans, but otherwise I hope it's a good sign.

Weather calling for highs in the upper 70's with chance of rain (40%) for the opener of our antelope hunt this weekend.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom