How bummed would you be after watching the vid?

elks96

Long Time Member
Watching this video tonight with my son before we leave for MT tomorrow.

2 things… Be sure of your target and what is laying right behind it.

Right at the 21 minute mark is the kill shot. Listen closely, one seems to ask is he alone. Reply was not sure… in the video however you can see the buck laying right behind the shot buck.

If I am seeing the buck laying down he is way out of his ears. Not sure his points but the buck is super wide laying down…

I watched that video a while ago and thought the same thing. The bedded buck looks like a way bigger framed buck and it’s obvious the shooter can’t even see him laying there.

There were 3 of them and none of them saw that buck behind the target. Unless the angle was different, how could they have missed it?

I was pretty bummed after seeing the hugging.
Did you feel left out?
There were 3 of them and none of them saw that buck behind the target. Unless the angle was different, how could they have missed it?
I am am wondering if the shoot laying prone may have changed the view angle. And the camera man was looking in camera and not able to see on small viewer. But still it was pretty obvious from the camera angle...

Worry a little bit less about your extreme back country video for social media and a little more time in the glass and that guy would have what looks like a buck pushing 30”
I paused the video and looked the right side of the buck was almost double his ear length. I bet he was over 30 by a few inches.

I paused the video and looked the right side of the buck was almost double his ear length. I bet he was over 30 by a few inches.
It looks like he's just got a fork on his right side but, I agree, he is waaaaaaay out there as far as width goes.

The back buck looks like a big 3 point to me. It doesn’t matter he was just out to kill a buck. I am surprised they would track a Buck with that purse contraption on that rifle. He must have invented it.

I agree with some others. I'd guess from his angle he couldn't see the bedded buck when he shot. What gets me is him following the blood trail with his gun packed away out of service.

I agree with some others. I'd guess from his angle he couldn't see the bedded buck when he shot. What gets me is him following the blood trail with his gun packed away out of service.
And poking his downed buck with his poles and his rifle a good 15-20 seconds from being usable. If the buck was still alive, he would be in trouble. I like poking mine with the muzzle of a loaded gun just in case.

Does he shave in camp or just not grow facial hair quickly? I would be beyond 5 o’clock shadow in 5 days. Glad he only hit one of the bucks. Surprised he only got one buck.

From the comment section on YouTube:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

looked like the buck in the background was 30”+ wide? nice shot man! good buck!

Hide 2 replies

d1E_7yyD0Z9xc2nyu8NCDefw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Leer Hunting
1 month ago
Yeah I wish we had a better look at him, I was to the left of the camera a little so the tree on the left blocked him from me, think he is a 4 with a front fork cheater on his left side and a goofy wide 3 on his left! Cool looking buck for sure! Thanks for watching!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom