How long does America tolerate this?

hossblur

Long Time Member

I saw the dog catcher, and the code enforcer out today.

How either is "essential" I'll never know.

Utah congressman "felt like he was getting a cold and was tired" tgen jumped on a plane and flew home.

Medical celebrities on every show, every interview,.

YET. We better shut down Dairy Queen.(which by the way has a sign warning of peanut use to stop peanut allergies from killing themselves)

I saw the dog catcher, and the code enforcer out today.

How either is "essential" I'll never know.

You're either a really good neighbor or a really bad neighbor. As somebody who has a really bad neighbor, both of those are truly essential for me to enjoy MY property with the freedom from somebody else invading it via their bad actions.

These are exactly the types of local enforcement that the far-right should support... the fact that nobody has the right to invade somebody else's property via their sound, stench, aggressive dogs, etc.

Now this is a thread I can agree with 100%. Thank god there are still a few level heads in the crowd. God bless

Current situation will not be accepted as the new norm. Modern society today could not survive it.

Same thing happened in 1918 - 1920 only after the death toll hit hundreds of thousands. Difference here is that this nonsense started with deaths at 4 figures instead of 7.

By warm springtime weather, I expect we eill be back on the water with boats and flyrods. International travel might still be restricted to some level, but buying a pack of bathroom tissue should be a non-issue.

Wait till you boys see the FFCRA. My first pass is alot of you small businesses just got more complex. What say the lawyers?

You're either a really good neighbor or a really bad neighbor. As somebody who has a really bad neighbor, both of those are truly essential for me to enjoy MY property with the freedom from somebody else invading it via their bad actions.

These are exactly the types of local enforcement that the far-right should support... the fact that nobody has the right to invade somebody else's property via their sound, stench, aggressive dogs, etc.

And there you go.

It's a EMERGENCY. If you own a restaraunt, bar, gym, etc. WE NEED YOU BANKRUPT IMMEDIATELY!!

But don't let your bush cross onto Grizz property. We need to keep the code enforcer going to stop that.

"We need masks for doctors"

-3m, we'd like to help but the lawyers will sue us because m95 masks aren't approved for virus.

"We need respirators"

-We'd love to help but the lawyers....

"We need antiviral."

It's being used in Japan and Europe, but we are afraid of the lawyers.

"We need supplies"

We have to get rid of the 10hr, driver regs

"Stores is in trouble"

We would like to help but waiving drug testing could get us sued(1000% accurate in the major food warehouses).

So there is where it is going?

Im still waiting for the trial lawyers and ambulance chasers to announce they are suspending their "work" for a few months.

I think that the common American has the attention span of pissant. That said, folks are going to start living again pretty soon out of sheer boredom.

I envision things calming down in a couple of weeks as grocery and supply stores are starting to sensibly ration things out. After all, it is in their (businesses) best interest. I am up and down I-80 alot out in my neck of the woods and am seeing about the same amount of long haul trucks as I ever did. The supplies are coming. (Still can't figure that whole TP thing, tho :unsure:).

The markets are swinging all over the place, but as for myself, I haven't been eviscerated yet. Down about 13K right now. Was down 16K then it swung up pretty good two days ago then dove some more. I think these day traders are working the swings and making things a little weird right now. Dow and the SP closed in the green today.

Plenty of tin foil is being sold apparantly. We are about 1 week into this and we already have lost all civil liberties and rapidly going down the rabbit hole.

And there you go.

It's a EMERGENCY. If you own a restaraunt, bar, gym, etc. WE NEED YOU BANKRUPT IMMEDIATELY!!

But don't let your bush cross onto Grizz property. We need to keep the code enforcer going to stop that.

"We need masks for doctors"

-3m, we'd like to help but the lawyers will sue us because m95 masks aren't approved for virus.

"We need respirators"

-We'd love to help but the lawyers....

"We need antiviral."

It's being used in Japan and Europe, but we are afraid of the lawyers.

"We need supplies"

We have to get rid of the 10hr, driver regs

"Stores is in trouble"

We would like to help but waiving drug testing could get us sued(1000% accurate in the major food warehouses).

So there is where it is going?

Im still waiting for the trial lawyers and ambulance chasers to announce they are suspending their "work" for a few months.

I think you might be a little riled up man.

You've got kids working 7 days a week, 12-14 days in the warehouses.

You are HOPING one of those warehouses doesn't get a positive. Or breakdown. Or.....

Problem with a lot of guys who can work from home, is they don't have a clue the amount of dudes who don't, but who make that possible.

I highly doubt many accountants and lawyers would last a week in a warehouse.

BTW. My ranching friends are getting their azzes kicked right now.

How many farmers you know that are gonna put out millions in upfront to lose it all?

Americans might have short attention spans. But most ain't going to sit home and wait for the end if the world either.

How do they pick the grocery cashier's who are most at risk? They handle every item bought, take money from customers, give change, talk to everyone, get breathed on. I guess it doesn't matter.

JimNV, it's my understanding that the majority of toilet paper comes from Asia and China. We don't have many paper mills anymore, so we're dependent on them, and who knows if the deliveries will be coming or not? All speculation. It's the same for dog food. You better stock up while you can.

eel
That’s a very good point. They may possibly have to go to self check out with maybe limited grocery store workers to help and observe?
If all grocery store cashiers had to be sent home that could become a real disaster!

EEL
Most toilet paper is made right here in the USA.
Only about 10% comes from China or Asia.

It will not in short supply.

My employer is a major paper products company, I know 1 of our plants is shipping an extra 50 truckloads a day of toilet paper and paper towels, that's about 150,000 cases over the normal shipments. Alot of that is direct to stores. That's just 1 of 4 major plants we have, add in 10 distribution centers. It's all hands on deck,I work in supply chain and can attest to the magnitude of the effort to get product to the shelves.i am sure all company's across the country are doing the same.

Hey! Thanks for that treedagain! It's amazing the misinformation there is out there. We had a pulp mill here at one time and all our pulp was put on big ships for export. But that was decades ago.

We're down to about 11 rolls so that's great news! :)

JimNV, it's my understanding that the majority of toilet paper comes from Asia and China. We don't have many paper mills anymore, so we're dependent on them, and who knows if the deliveries will be coming or not? All speculation. It's the same for dog food. You better stock up while you can.
Thats what I heard as well, eel. Still...who put it out there that the giant meteor was going to impact us on the heels of the Yellowstone volcano blowing off and that we were running low on F'ING TOILET PAPER! DEAR GAWD!!!! WE'RE GOING TO DIE! lol.

Here is hoping that after all this is said and done, America as well as other countries start bringing some consumable and pharmaceutical manufacturing back into their countries. We cannot rely on a communist country whose human rights track record is barely a step above Stalins bolshevik paradise.

End rant.

My employer is a major paper products company, I know 1 of our plants is shipping an extra 50 truckloads a day of toilet paper and paper towels, that's about 150,000 cases over the normal shipments. Alot of that is direct to stores. That's just 1 of 4 major plants we have, add in 10 distribution centers. It's all hands on deck,I work in supply chain and can attest to the magnitude of the effort to get product to the shelves.i am sure all company's across the country are doing the same.
This first-hand account from the front lines makes this one of the most informative posts on the subject. Thanks!

This will resonate with some.

[snip]It is not sustainable for government to combat the disease by ordering communal and commercial activity to cease, then trying to compensate increasingly destitute citizens by borrowing and printing money to throw at them.
This is, and has to be, the pattern of political determinations: Err on the side of safety, but abate if, with the context of better information, living more realistically with the threat begins to appear less dire than the alternatives. Here, the coronavirus shutdown may have been an understandable first reaction, even a justifiable one. But it has to be weighed against the catastrophic consequences. And it has to factor in our improving understanding of the threats and the behaviors that mitigate it — hand washing, other rudimentary hygiene, social distancing, avoiding large crowds for now, extra safeguards for the elderly and people with preexisting health problems, and so on. If we do these things, many fewer people (especially vulnerable people) will be exposed.
Even with all that, and even if we can minimize the number infected and eventually reduce the fatality rate, it is entirely conceivable that thousands more people will die from COVID-19 than die from flu. But tragic as that outcome would be, it would pale in comparison to the ruin that looms if we do not resume a semblance of normal life.
No matter what happens, the law — i.e., the Trump administration’s conclusions about its DPA, Stafford Act, and constitutional authorities — will have little to say about it. The history of this country is one of ceding authority to the chief executive, to an extent commensurate with the public’s sense of real threat, particularly lethal threat on a mass scale. Later, Congress and the courts push back, but only once the perception of peril ebbs. They push back with law. Yet, the extent to which law is a real barrier against to future presidential muscle-flexing, for good or ill, depends not on what the statutes and opinions say, but on how scared we are.
Politics, not law.[/snip]

On the Limits of Law - National Review

Tolerate what? Trying to slow the spread of a new and not yet fully understood disease?
So I think it is worst than the last 3 or 4?
Nope.....but what do I know? Other than my barber shutting down for a couple weeks and seriously dried out hands from washing and hand sanitizer no changes. If I was in a shelter on place? It might feel different.

Good news, direct TV is giving free showtime until Friday.

I just drove past the park and fishing pond by my house and it was packed with people like any other Saturday.

It’s been reported that police in New Jersey will be patrolling to make sure people are following the rules. If that’s the country you want to live in, there’s plenty that allow that.

I’d politely suggest you look past what you see happening only in your state, and see what’s going on in the more “authoritarian” type states, and realize it’ll be your future asking for permission to go to the bathroom.

There are places that are doing the shelter in place. In your country.

Not acceptable.

I do not believe that this is just a virus. The damage being created, the dependency on the already broke government is disgusting.

What should the government do?

Honestly?? Get the hell out of the way. They are and always will be a problem. Yet more and more want their involvement and their rescue packages.

How long before we are 100% dependent on them? How long before we are Canada with 50% of the population working for the government??

No I do not agree with what is going on and to me, it’s a massive power grab that the people
Are BEGGING for. They are willingly going along. The sheep being led to the slaughter house. And all in the name of “safety”.

But go along. Get on the train.....work shall set you free......
History people will know what that means.

And if they can lead the people around by the nose with this virus then what's next? Shelter in place over climate change? Democrats say that's the biggest danger facing the world today.

Good thing its just a bunch of old guys sitting around complaining. If we had more ambition or influence we could turn this into a full blown panic.

What are all the attention whores on facebook and those other influencer places doing? This is a nightmare for the look at me crowd I bet. :confused:

So if a area was found to have a contaminated water supply and the government shut off your water would that be a violation of your rights. 1 week into this and already we are doomed?

I find it curious that all those states are BLUE?

What amendment covers the right to spread an infectious disease?

I see no problem having a New York with 2000 people high rises block after block have there people shelter in place to try and slow it down. Currently the worst hit places on the coasts. Do you want them to meet on the middle?

Do I think it is as bad as they say? No

Do I think civil liberties are being suppressed? No

Do you want to risk a full fledged epidemic to prove your point?

America as a whole will come out of this in a far better position IMHO.

The CHINA VIRUS will not be anything but a blip on the radar.

Hey, I'm a libertarian who thinks that the fate of democracy was sealed when the first dogcatcher was hired for the common good.
I am consistent in my suspicion of government, and opposition to granting it more power.

But there is a role for government in defense of Americans, and that includes public health. We recognized early on that it was in our common interest to not have lepers walking among us.

I just hoped that spending 30% of our gdp on health care would get us more than this. Feedlots do a better job of screening and treating cattle.

......feedlot operators cull and kill the diseased. It would work for us too....want to try it??

I've been clear I think this this is blown out of proportion and a farce.

But, let me offer an analogy here...

Do you guys support California's loosening of restrictions on HIV+ people having unprotected sex without disclosing their diagnosis?

Isn't there at least a similarity between the government controlling the actions of an individual based upon the likelihood they'll infect another with a harmful or fatal disease without their permission or knowledge?

If the government can control the actions of an HIV+ person, can't they control the actions of a Covid-19 person?

Or is that a violation of everyone's rights and we can all do whatever we want without government interference?

I think contagious people should be taken off the street, by force if necessary. I am a hypocrite when it comes to a-holes who cough on the produce and spit on cops.

again....

......feedlot operators cull and kill the diseased. It would work for us too....want to try it??

Here’s the difference between our opinions. Mine is based on the fact that I do not believe this virus is what they claim it to be.

The panic and pandemonium being spread is really quite amazing to me.

Are people dying? Yep. Are people getting sick? Yep.

Just like every day. I don’t believe the numbers they’re throwing around. I don’t believe the hype.

How many cigarettes are sold in a day? Before you say, they do that to themselves, the victims of 2nd hand smoke don’t.

How many French fries were sold today? 500,000 die annually in the USA from heart disease.

40,000 + die annually in car crashes.

We’ll mention the flu, because yes it does kill a lot of people annually.

Murders, people on people crime.

Poverty, recession. All of this. Yet, we don’t quarantine and protect ourselves from the everyday REAL dangers of our lives.

2% chance of dying IF you get it. IF.

Let’s protect the higher risk people. YES!

But don’t cut your own dick off because your neighbor got crabs.

The economic hits will be far more detrimental to us than the virus will ever be, if the madness continues on for an extended period of time.

My belief is somewhat basic. I guess you can say it’s all tin foil if you choose to.

I believe that it’s been around longer than they say it has been. I believe the number of people who have it are higher than is openly known. And I believe that’s been the case for some time
Now.

The reason the cases keep rising is because testing is becoming more and more available.

The death rate will continue to go down on a percentage basis. More people will be known to have it, but they won’t be dying in the streets bleeding from their eye balls like some
Want you to believe.

And by the way, being skeptical of any and all governments isn’t tin foil.

We quarantine psychopaths in prisons.

No we don't, most of them are among the homeless walking our streets.
RELH

food-may-contain-peanut-tree-nut-allergy-sign-s2-1651.png
We don't close down restaraunts because someone is allergic to peanuts.

If you are not wanting to take the risk of catching Wuhan Virus, then it should be on YOU to avoid it.

I've said it since the first quarantine in Cali. This is going to end badly.

We saw 9-11 bring us the Patriot act.

Read CDC suggestions. One of them is contact tracing. Meaning tracking and tracing Americans as they move about freely. Now genius politicians have decided cops should cite citizens for moving?
National Guard getting called up?

If we quarantined forcibly for every disease that is contagious we'd be locked down 24/7. No doubt this one sucks.

My dad's uncle was born during the Great Depression. He was a twin. He was sent to Utah to live with his uncle because his parents couldn't afford 1 kid, let alone 2.

This is where we are heading. We will have saved 98-99% of the country, and introduced soup lines to do it.

We quarantine psychopaths in prisons.

No we don't, most of them are among the homeless walking our streets.
RELH
Yeah, good point. I forget about that stuff sometimes, I don't have any around being in the middle of nowhere and all. At least not yet.

Wait till we have mandatory vaccinations.

Thankfully they had mandatory vaccinations of polio, measles, small pox. Etc
Think of all the civil liberties lost. How did all those Americans take that? Why did they just not rise up and JUST SAY NO. It is there right to infect each other.

The CHINA VIRUS is just another seasonal outbreak that will be contained. Hopefully sooner than later. 1 week in and soup kitchen lines are forming. Mass evictions, dogs and cats playing in the streets.

I was preparing you for the lefts hypocrisy when all of a sudden they discover individual liberty. The only emotion I have is sarcasm.

Lol.
I just watched New York's governor complain the parks in NYC are full of people. Life goes on. The media is showing empty streets...because the parks are full. Of people being people.
Americans being Americans

I respect the sarcasm. It makes me happy in these times of uncertainty.

I was preparing you for the lefts hypocrisy when all of a sudden they discover individual liberty. The only emotion I have is sarcasm.
Like the "rights" when they beg for more government intervention and clamor for government handouts?

I think one thing we can all agree on is we owe President Trump a big thank you for keeping us all as safe as possible. His actions will prevent many people from getting COVID-19.

I think one thing we can all agree on is we owe President Trump a big thank you for keeping us all as safe as possible. His actions will prevent many people from getting COVID-19.
I don't know if he'll prevent anyone from getting COVID-19 as overall infection projections remain unchanged. I definitely think his actions may have saved lives though by "flattening the curve" with his early travel bans. And the 'saving lives' part is obviously most important. He did well on that.

You guys realize flattening the curve doesn't mean one less death. It's just spreading out the deaths.

It also means the outbreak lasts longer.

I think their is a big overreach in thinking you just flip a switch and the economy fires up in a few months.

Texas is not coming back, not leading to millions of jobs.

We are flattening one curve and exploding the unemployment and financial ruin one.

We may get a vaccine in 12 months. The over reaction will last decades

The over reaction lasting decades is because of a gov't more interested in their own self interests than doing the temp jobs they were hired for.

The US and world economy cannot wait 12 months for a vaccine so, you either quicken the time to develop or you tell Chicken Little the sky really ain't falling.

Quell all the climate change and renewable energy bullcrap talk and you'll get the economic engine running quickly. Implement a gag order on pelosi and the squad and it will get running even sooner.

Spend money - reduce interest rates and reduce taxes to a flat tax of 15% across the board and the decades of recovery will turn into months.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom