how long you been reloading

GONHUNTIN

well I started it so guess I had better answer first, I started reloading about 8 years ago for my 22-250, and have gotten some outstanding groups with it, like a 3 shot group in a $.25 at 100 yards all in Washingtons head. The reason I shot the $.25 is because friends thought I was using a .22rf. I still buy factories for the brass since once fired are the best

I'm gonna guess at about 15 years, give or take a couple. I started out loading for an old model 99 Savage, 250-3000. I wish I still had it(kicks self in butt). Nowadays it's for the .220 Swift and the .300 RUM.

I started handloading about 19yrs ago.
My RCBS Press and I have loaded :
22 Hornet, 223, 22-250, 243, 6mm, 25/06, 6.5-284, 270, 7mm Mag, 30-30, 30-40 Kreg, 308, 30/06, 300 Mag, 357 Mag, 41 Mag, & 44 Mag.
I've Loaded one dud :-(... forgot the powder. x(

My dad and I have been loading for about 8-9 years.We started loading to save money because we were shooting our pistols alot and ammo was getting expensive.Now we have more fun loading for our rifles cause we can tune the load for each gun.

the calibers we load....

Rifles--
.270,7.62X39,30-30,30-06,.300 WM,

Handguns--
.357,9mm,.40 S&W,44 Mag,.45 ACP,.45 LC

my ol' man bought a reloading setup in 1960. so for 43 years. my job then was to keep putting primers in the priming tool while the ol' dude worked the press. it was in the days before the self feeders and all that stuff. got my fingers pinched more than once.

Man, you're old. :) Lets see....since about '77 I guess. I make 222's, 223's, 22-250's, 220 swifts, 243's, 30-06's, 7 STW's, 300 wins, and starting next week 25-06's.:) Handguns and LOTS of shotgun shells too. ;-)

'spearience is a good thing!!! I've been load'in since the late 60's. I "roll" .243, .270, 7mm/08, 7mmMag., .300rum., .44mag., and .12&.20ga. shotshells. Ya git alot of "joy" when yer loads group tight or ya git great expansion on some mammal!!!!

I've been reloading since about '85 for the following cartridges: 218 bee, .22-250, 260 rem, 270 win, 280 rem(aka 7mm express), 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 300 wsm, and 44 rem mag. Don't figure that I've saved any money, since reloading gets me to shoot more( which is a good thing)and there's always more tools and bullets to try.

Red Rabbit/Doug

i have so many dies i can't keep em all straight. have 3 presses set up. one is for my .270 alone. never touch it unless i'm loading for it. one load only for it. built a new bench awhile back that is 20 feet long and has everything mounted on it. probably shoot in excess of 2000 rounds a year. that's not countin' the machine guns. no sense in even trying to count that. sure are fun tho. load lots and lots of .223's and .22/.250's. several hundred .300 winmag and .243's each, a year too. like redrabbit, don't save any money because i just shoot more. and when you figure out what load your gun really likes it's a blast. i love making little mickey mouse head silhouettes at 100 yds. i have a ruger VT .22/.250, that outta the box will shoot one hole at 100 yds with the right loads. most important thing for accuracy, i've found over the years, is overall cartridge length. the throat in all barrels is a little different and figuring out exactly what your gun likes best is the key.

All things hairy and brown, go down w/ one of my handloads, of one type or another. Remember getting our first press, when I was about 13. Couldn't wait for dad to get home from work. Had a good 20 or 30 new cases screwed up real good w/ the sizer, by the time he got there to show me... Have loaded, .222, .223, 22-250, 6mm, .264, 7Mag, and my favorite among all Two Five Aught Six.

I started in 1970 with a RCBS rock chucker press and dies. I still have that press for my rifle reloading and use a Dillion 550 for the pistol ammo. GEE! it's nice to know that I am not the "old Fart" here, it looks like RLH takes that prize.
RELH

I started in 1973, liked it then and still do today. Great hobby. Started with RCBS equimp. Still use the same press.
Glad to see this up and running.
cf

I started reloading in 1974 and been rolling my own ever since. Went off into the Marines in 1980 and wouldnt you know it became a scout sniper, so I really got into it during those years as factory ball ammo was just not what I liked and when your life may depend on that shot you want the best.
Now I reload for my 270 win. and 7mm rem mag for hunting and 308 and 30-06 to compete.
If you want the best out of your rifle or pistol.... Roll your own.

Been loading my own for about 20 years. Have two rifles which have never fired a factory shell. Usually buy new brass in lots of 100. Great way to get to know your rifle better as well as tailor a load to your specific rifle.

Phantom Hunter

Been reloading for about 13 years now and have never looked back.
Once you get the hang of it and learn it is very rewarding.
I especially like knowing that the load I shoot my animals with I loaded myself. Just gives me a little extra satisfaction.
More velocity and better groups.
What else could anyone ask for?
Best,
TheKnack

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom