How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerkiller

Very Active Member
Before people start to snap and go out hunting for “survival” reasons because of all of this?

personally I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it’s already started in the more rural areas.

Reactions: SS!
i think I’d start with the local turkeys as well. But a local mid spring duck shoot could produce well too

Reactions: SS!
Go get yourself some bears to eat deerkiller. History repeats itself. I’m sure some are out of their dens now.

I’ve got fresh wolf, but boy does it stink. Since the season runs for 12 months I should be able to sell meat to the liberals.

I just don’t see us getting to the point as a society where that is necessary. Food supplies are still good. No reason to believe that is going to change. Unless you can use the capes for toilet paper, I don’t see much of a reason.

I just don’t see us getting to the point as a society where that is necessary. Food supplies are still good. No reason to believe that is going to change. Unless you can use the capes for toilet paper, I don’t see much of a reason.
I agree. But a lot of people have lost their jobs from this. What little money they might have from state assistance will go to things they can’t acquire on their own, fuel, medicine, utility bills, rent, mortgages, car payments, phone bills, etc... if I was that hard up and needed cash for other things, I’d save the money on food and go get my own.

I won't be heading to the hills to poach.

I hunt enough that the freezer(s) are already full and so are my AR-15's.

My adult married kids might need to drop by and grab a few packages of meat but that kind of wealth redistribution works for me!
No need to panic.

Zeke

I live next to the ocean so I'll be good for awhile. You can practically starve to death on fish in the long run though. I've tried. I hate to think things would get that bad. If it did get that bad I don't think anyone would cite you. That would be a dangerous job.

if I was that hard up and needed cash for other things, I’d save the money on food and go get my own.

In that hypothetical where I had no other options, I agree. I’d do what I had to do to feed my family. But I don’t see that hypothetical becoming a reality. Yes, people will be on hard times for the next little bit. No doubt about that, and that is sad. But those that truly have no other option but to spend time and resources to head into the hills for their only way of feeding a family just don’t really exist.

At least I hope they don’t/won’t.

Sorry to say a lot of knuckle heads will go out poaching just out of boredom.

Warden at Minersville reservoir busted 2 different groups loading up on trout late at night a couple of days ago.

Easy to say with a full belly and the sun is shining...
No it's not easy to say. No need to poach. Lots of food in the stores. Good thing it's not when headgear is on. Bet a lot of "food" booners would hit the ground. Carry on... mtmuley

It’s hard to picture too many people needing to poach to survive. I say that with the comfort of a freezer full of elk, mule deer and whitetail. I’m eating like a king but much more aware of how different it is for me than for my non-hunting neighbors who have to have been fighting the corona-panic crowds at the meat aisle at the store. I’ll say this, if I HAD to, I would take a backyard deer to feed my family. I just don’t see it getting to the point that I’ll HAVE to. I have 2020 licences in my pocket so assuming I already have about a 6 month supply of meat as it is, another season should get me through 2021, legal and on the up and up.

I bet every game warden has heard the story “ I’m only poaching to feed my family” about countless times. Things would have to get pretty bad for a very long time to ever justify shooting a deer without a tag. People who do not prepare have no one to blame but themselves. I will gladly share with folks in need. But when city folks, who were lazy and unprepared, try and fill their freezers with my beef, I’ll treat them like any other predator. In America in the year 2020 there is absolutely no reason except laziness and stupidity to be hungry. Gardening isn’t hard. Stocking canned goods isn’t hard. Legally Putting a cow elk in the freezer has never been easier. Food banks are in almost every city of 10000 or more. The government welfare program and CHIP are other options. Shooting a deer without a tag is about 80th down the list of priorities.

Just Waitin For Some PLICK to get on here & Say:

I'll Trade My 2 Rolls of TP for a 1/2 of Beef!

personally I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it’s already started in the more rural areas.

I wanted to circle back to this statement. For it to “start” we would have to assume that it actually had stopped in some places. Unfortunately, there are places where people don’t feel subject to laws and do whatever they want, virus or no virus.

But out of true need? Nah, there are way to many ways to legally obtain it to be forced to illegally do it right now.

Vanilla you are only looking at the temporary situation..6 months down the road..I guarantee I'll be tipping over a spike elk to eat..Got a 300 gal tank full of fuel and a dozen horses in the pasture..and if you come knockin at my door..you ain't welcome..Heard in a movie once and know it for fact.."once that first bullet passes by your head-you can take your moral & political ideas and throw em out the fricken window."

Last edited:
No, I’m looking long term too. The NEED to illegally kill an animal to provide food as your ONLY option will be non-existent. There are other ways, if people will use them. Now people may choose to do that, but they won’t need to do that. There is a difference.

But Niller?

Remember the Statement the Poachers Still use?

(But I Need the Meat!)

Or Others that use it talking about Poachers?

"Well,If they Needed the Meat"! (Then I Guess it's O.K.!)

But Niller?

Remember the Statement the Poachers Still use?

(But I Need the Meat!)

Or Others that use it talking about Poachers?

"Well,If they Needed the Meat"! (Then I Guess it's O.K.!)

And I NEED $1 million. And I NEED to draw my elk tag this year. And I NEED a $29k SxS to drive elkassassin crazy! See the needs?

I know what people say. But what is truly a need? Yeah, I don’t see us getting there. Heaven help us all if we do though. That will be a tough time for all of us if it does.

I used to have a good relationship with my local game warden before he moved on and we had a conversation once about poachers who use the excuse "to feed my family". I brought up the fact that that's just an excuse as most of them were just too lazy to work and he agreed. He then told me that when he is investigating and has his evidence he will look in their fridge and if he seen beer he would give them a citation. He also stated that if he thought the guy was telling the truth he would let them off with a warning.

I used to have a good relationship with my local game warden before he moved on and we had a conversation once about poachers who use the excuse "to feed my family". I brought up the fact that that's just an excuse as most of them were just too lazy to work and he agreed. He then told me that when he is investigating and has his evidence he will look in their fridge and if he seen beer he would give them a citation. He also stated that if he thought the guy was telling the truth he would let them off with a warning.
If what you say is true, your warden is dumba$$ and could be fired for that behavior. mtmuley

I can see this happening in fall. Ain’t no one poaching a buck or bull right now. Unfortunate but true.

Fish and small game, probably more likely.

We have plenty of roadkill. Now I suppose having a ranchhand bumper and a spotlight will be prima facie evidence.

Vanilla you are only looking at the temporary situation..6 months down the road..I guarantee I'll be tipping over a spike elk to eat..Got a 300 gal tank full of fuel and a dozen horses in the pasture..and if you come knockin at my door..you ain't welcome..Heard in a movie once and know it for fact.."once that first bullet passes by your head-you can take your moral & political ideas and throw em out the fricken window."
Internet bada$$, mtmuley

Again, there are only two reasons to go hungry in 2020
#1- lazy
#2- stupid
Farms and ranches will still produce food. Warehouses will store the food. Distribution companies will distribute it. Stores will sell it. If people aren’t prepared to feed their families see the two reasons above. I feel for people who lose jobs. But the entire purpose of being prepared is to be ready for the variables in life. Failure to do so is a direct result of laziness or stupidity.

Maybe naive is a better word than stupid. I don’t intend to be mean. But this is going to be a huge learning experience and people will suffer due to failure to be ready. I hope all of us get smarter and better prepared for the next time.

Last edited:
The freezer is full, elk and deer, I have been providing some nice stew for my 90-year-old father as he can't go out and get anything, I have offered some meat to my non-hunting inlaws, If things get scarce they just may take me up on it, ha!

If what you say is true, your warden is dumba$$ and could be fired for that behavior. mtmuley

Law enforcement is allowed to make judgement calls you know.

The Chief must not think he's a dumb ass because he promoted him to a Supervisor position. One of the good guys with numerous awards from the Division and Sportsman Clubs.

Now the guy with a dozen Horses in the pasture that feels entitled, he'd bust him.

Farms and ranches will still produce food. Warehouses will store the food. Distribution companies will distribute it. Stores will sell it. If people aren’t prepared to feed their families see the two reasons above. I feel for people who lose jobs. But the entire purpose of being prepared is to be ready for the variables in life. Failure to do so is a direct result of laziness or stupidity.

And on top of all that, there are still government and community programs available to assist as well, including neighbors and other generous people. So again, there will be no NEED for this action. If someone does it, they deserve to be held accountable to the law.

While Jared is in charge of importing planeloads of Chinese medical supplies, Don Jr and Eric will be in charge of the new Field to Table program to feed the hungry. They started by enlisting the Idaho sharpshooters corps.

Man, I have to get on the golf course.

You are right on Bluehair, the new elite Idaho Farm,Fish and Game Sharp Shooters could knock down a couple 100 or 1000 cow Elk to feed the hungry. They are also specially trained to shoot under the spotlight

If it gets bad, my potential groceries deliver themselves! :)

79663647-40DD-4326-B5CA-924DA91A1AF7.png

"Again, there are only two reasons to go hungry in 2020
#1- lazy
#2- stupid"

I can somewhat agree but I have this question..... Instead of lazy though can we replace it with greed as I ask the following question?

Can we put that same scenario with businesses? I mean why are so many going under in one month? I know I have my savings, and most people I know have been told their whole life to keep enough in the bank to cover at least 3 months worth of bills...... Why don't these businesses do the same? Not only mom and pop shops but specifically the major companies. Why don't they have enough capital so they are prepared in case of times like this? Could it be that, like some citizens of this country, they know they don't have to because government will bail them out? "We will get our handout".

We are quick to say bummer for the individuals who we say are stupid or lazy that are struggling... Why don't we do the same for these corporations? Why don't they have to prepare when it is expected that individuals do? Why should they be bailed out and not the citizens? I suppose that the money they could use as a "war chest" goes into their huge bonuses they allocate themselves at the end of the year? Or maybe it goes to the "business retreats" at five star resorts that only a handful of the top executive go to?

I'm asking. It is a serious question not a rhetorical one. I'm just wondering why we feel the need to help out businesses but not individuals? A little off topic..... I'm sorry if it derails the thread.

#1- lazy
#2- stupid"

I can somewhat agree but I have this question..... Instead of lazy though can we replace it with greed as I ask the following question?

Can we put that same scenario with businesses? I mean why are so many going under in one month? I know I have my savings, and most people I know have been told their whole life to keep enough in the bank to cover at least 3 months worth of bills...... Why don't these businesses do the same? Not only mom and pop shops but specifically the major companies. Why don't they have enough capital so they are prepared in case of times like this? Could it be that, like some citizens of this country, they know they don't have to because government will bail them out? "We will get our handout".

We are quick to say bummer for the individuals who we say are stupid or lazy that are struggling... Why don't we do the same for these corporations? Why don't they have to prepare when it is expected that individuals do? Why should they be bailed out and not the citizens? I suppose that the money they could use as a "war chest" goes into their huge bonuses they allocate themselves at the end of the year? Or maybe it goes to the "business retreats" at five star resorts that only a handful of the top executive go to?

I'm asking. It is a serious question not a rhetorical one. I'm just wondering why we feel the need to help out businesses but not individuals? A little off topic..... I'm sorry if it derails the thread.
Good question

No worries on the derailment part. You should have seen it yesterday before half the comments got deleted ?

#1- lazy
#2- stupid"

There are tax advantages to pulling cash out of a business, and in certain cases a requirement to distribute excess earnings. The only businesses I can think of off the top of my head that are required to have reserves are banks. And they just reduced the requirement for them. :oops:

I'll take a shot based on my industry.

If you are a small construction company, you might have a handful builders. You do the HVAC in a house. $10k. You could easy have $60-$70k sitting out. Then based on time, you have your quarterly taxes do. Most buisneses try to run a 30 day billing cycle. So you easily can be $100k outstanding, because you've done the work, paid the employees, paid the government, yet still can be weeks away from getting paid.

Now one of your contractors stretches you to 45 days, 60 days. Or even further. You can file a lien, but supply yards don't take liens as payment. Neither dies the IRS. Nor the gas station. Nor the mechanic. Nor the city, county, DOPL, liability insurance, etc.

Businesses might have some working capital, but $100's of thousands of dollars, sitting in a bank earning 0% interest. No.

First few lessons of construction buisness.

1. Be prepared to be a bank.

2. It will shock you to death how many times the government gets in your pocket, per year.

3. Everyone always knows how to run your business better than you.

That's a small construction company.

When I was on the other side, with 20-30 employees the company I worked for often had $200k+ monthly in materials laid out per month.

And ONE DAY in 2009 I saw us lose $150k. Literally 1 day.

Thanks for the answers. I guess it would be next to impossible for businesses to have any rainy day accounts set up to make sure that everything they have worked for, won't go down in flames in case of an emergency. That is scary for any business owner to have to accept.

Good luck to all of those that are affected by this. I hope something happens quick. I would hate to have to buy everything from Wal-Mart and not my neighborhood shops.

Thanks for the answers. I guess it would be next to impossible for businesses to have any rainy day accounts set up to make sure that everything they have worked for, won't go down in flames in case of an emergency. That is scary for any business owner to have to accept.

Good luck to all of those that are affected by this. I hope something happens quick. I would hate to have to buy everything from Wal-Mart and not my neighborhood shops.

I think you posed a fair question. I just don't think the majority of people have even the slightest idea what comes with a buisness.

They see the Bill Gates of the world.

I think most restaraunts honestly run a week at a time. I'd be surprised if many to better than that.

Construction maybe a little more but the size of projects in capital outlay is impossible to have reserves. How do you have reserves for building the airport? I-15?

Farmers are millions in the hole before they plant a single seed.

I was very much "in the loop"as a senior guy when I was an employee.

Now that my name's on the license, that first year I stayed pizzed all year.

The biggest obstacle for nearly every buisness, is the government. Even more so now as they pick winners and losers.

You "celebrate" your yearly start date with a big pile of envelopes.

So beyond quarterlies(which should be mandated, people would smash government waste if they scratched a check every quarter).

My Liabilty is due. My DOPL is due, workman comp due, DBA due

That's after a city license, county inventory tax, trailer licensing, truck license, CPA bill.

And I'm just 1 dude. Take guys like DC, his cost just to be a buisness at his size, are staggering. Before he pours a single yard of concrete.

And then IF your lucky enough to bank some money, here comes more taxes. God forbid you busted azz,built something. Then your "rich" and the government decides it is owed your profit for surviving the gauntlet they created.

Tgen one day you wake up and the county mayor, shuts you down. Closes you. Ends your livelihood. With a "we understand times are tough, but........"speech. They seized YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY, and let you "have a loan"? They will borrow you money to keep afloat something they bankrupted. In 3-6weeks. Only IF you go into huge debt to pay employees to do nothing. They will let youfinance that "at low rates".

Meanwhile. Not a single meal is missed by a single government employee.

All those government employees driving around in Bentleys and living fat on the hog.

Stick it to the man!

All those government employees driving around in Bentleys and living fat on the hog.

Stick it to the man!

How many are applying for unemployment or SBA "bridge loans"?

How many had their private property seized?

The DOJ and HHS also recovered 598,000 medical-grade gloves and hundreds of surgical masks and gowns, disinfectant towels, particulate filters and bottles of hand sanitizer.
The HHS said in the release it will pay the owner of the supplies pre-COVID-19 fair market value and that it has already started distributing them to hard-hit places like New York.

DOJ, HHS find 192,000 N95 coronavirus masks in FBI raid - Fox News

I think you posed a fair question. I just don't think the majority of people have even the slightest idea what comes with a buisness.

They see the Bill Gates of the world.

I think most restaraunts honestly run a week at a time. I'd be surprised if many to better than that.

Construction maybe a little more but the size of projects in capital outlay is impossible to have reserves. How do you have reserves for building the airport? I-15?

Farmers are millions in the hole before they plant a single seed.

I was very much "in the loop"as a senior guy when I was an employee.

Now that my name's on the license, that first year I stayed pizzed all year.

The biggest obstacle for nearly every buisness, is the government. Even more so now as they pick winners and losers.

You "celebrate" your yearly start date with a big pile of envelopes.

So beyond quarterlies(which should be mandated, people would smash government waste if they scratched a check every quarter).

My Liabilty is due. My DOPL is due, workman comp due, DBA due

That's after a city license, county inventory tax, trailer licensing, truck license, CPA bill.

And I'm just 1 dude. Take guys like DC, his cost just to be a buisness at his size, are staggering. Before he pours a single yard of concrete.

And then IF your lucky enough to bank some money, here comes more taxes. God forbid you busted azz,built something. Then your "rich" and the government decides it is owed your profit for surviving the gauntlet they created.

Tgen one day you wake up and the county mayor, shuts you down. Closes you. Ends your livelihood. With a "we understand times are tough, but........"speech. They seized YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY, and let you "have a loan"? They will borrow you money to keep afloat something they bankrupted. In 3-6weeks. Only IF you go into huge debt to pay employees to do nothing. They will let youfinance that "at low rates".

Meanwhile. Not a single meal is missed by a single government employee.

Dang Hoss, that's very well said. Waaay too many people don't understand. It's those people who are the backbone of America.

I suppose when some people envision public employees they see Kellyanne Conway or Jack Quinn--living large, but not much going on.

But these aren't the "government employees" I know. Those I know are in the military, some in highway patrol, others fight wildland fire, one is an engineer for the Department of Defense and earns a salary half what he would receive in industry. None have cut a fat hog so far as I can tell. And I know plenty of others who deny working for the government, yet receive their subsidies nonetheless--guys driving trucks, planting seed, milking cows, falling timber, grazing beef, or laying asphalt on public roadways. It is damned hard to find anyone who does not feed from the public trough in one way or another.

Some jobs are easier than others, but if there is one thing I have learned in life it is that it is easy to misjudge a job that you have never had. I have worked as a wildlands firefighter, averaging over 80 hours a week in difficult conditions. And I have been a high school science teacher, with summers "off." For me, teaching was by far the more difficult and exhausting job and I now understand why nearly half of all teachers quit before their fifth year to seek more satisfying employment elsewhere--usually in the private sector.

As a firefighter I met one guy who always complained that he worked much harder than everyone else. I finally concluded that, by some freak of nature, the dirt he shoveled must be heavier than the dirt moved by anyone else on the crew. What else could explain his constant whining?

We face a similar situation today. Shall we begrudge the unemployed public servant, yet pour many times as much money into industries at risk of failure if not for our support? What about those industries that cannot survive even in good times (Think farm subsidies)? Or do we accept that all of us are "part of the problem" from the perspective of taxpayers elsewhere?

If there is one thing that distinguishes government employees from private, it is due the apparent pass they receive with regard to the rules of "survival of the fittest" that apply to the private sector. Especially where the ability and integrity of our elected officials are critical in achieving a better outcome, I cannot help but wonder why some downplay their value in leadership.

First of all, my freezer is FULL from last year so should last awhile. But I am blessed to live in a part of Texas where we have a lot of exotic deer and not so lucky to have a lot of feral hogs. So I can hunt 365 days a year, day and night and not break any laws.

Bullskin, Good post, easy to lose perspective. My only objection is your reference to farm subsidies. The tables have turned and these days its the Amazons getting the government cheese.

I just keep eyeing the black angus cows in the farmers field behind my house. I’ll be ok if I get desperate. I’ll just take 1 or 2 of the ranchers hands.

How many are applying for unemployment or SBA "bridge loans"?

Most that are going to be affected by this won’t be eligible for any of that. They’ll simply be asked to keep working without being paid for it. Sounds similar to what you described above!

And if anyone shows up on your next job site and steals all your equipment, don’t call those pesky government employees! They are just the devil.

Who and why did someone have there private property seized?
I would like to know the story on that.

A restaraunt or bar being forcibibly closed, would be no different than you being forcibly removed from a house you own.

We can get cute with dictionaries.

I suppose when some people envision public employees they see Kellyanne Conway or Jack Quinn--living large, but not much going on.

But these aren't the "government employees" I know. Those I know are in the military, some in highway patrol, others fight wildland fire, one is an engineer for the Department of Defense and earns a salary half what he would receive in industry. None have cut a fat hog so far as I can tell. And I know plenty of others who deny working for the government, yet receive their subsidies nonetheless--guys driving trucks, planting seed, milking cows, falling timber, grazing beef, or laying asphalt on public roadways. It is damned hard to find anyone who does not feed from the public trough in one way or another.

Some jobs are easier than others, but if there is one thing I have learned in life it is that it is easy to misjudge a job that you have never had. I have worked as a wildlands firefighter, averaging over 80 hours a week in difficult conditions. And I have been a high school science teacher, with summers "off." For me, teaching was by far the more difficult and exhausting job and I now understand why nearly half of all teachers quit before their fifth year to seek more satisfying employment elsewhere--usually in the private sector.

As a firefighter I met one guy who always complained that he worked much harder than everyone else. I finally concluded that, by some freak of nature, the dirt he shoveled must be heavier than the dirt moved by anyone else on the crew. What else could explain his constant whining?

We face a similar situation today. Shall we begrudge the unemployed public servant, yet pour many times as much money into industries at risk of failure if not for our support? What about those industries that cannot survive even in good times (Think farm subsidies)? Or do we accept that all of us are "part of the problem" from the perspective of taxpayers elsewhere?

If there is one thing that distinguishes government employees from private, it is due the apparent pass they receive with regard to the rules of "survival of the fittest" that apply to the private sector. Especially where the ability and integrity of our elected officials are critical in achieving a better outcome, I cannot help but wonder why some downplay their value in leadership.

Spring bear hunting in Alaska is shut down.

So,there will be no filming of spring bear hunting in Alaska.

The guide is shut down, Bush pilot shut down, lodge shut down.

But, the film application office is open.

My point wasn't that public employees should be shut down, the point is simply it's a lot easier to be so draconian if it will never touch you personally.

Most that are going to be affected by this won’t be eligible for any of that. They’ll simply be asked to keep working without being paid for it. Sounds similar to what you described above!

And if anyone shows up on your next job site and steals all your equipment, don’t call those pesky government employees! They are just the devil.

They are busy fielding calls from Rosie Rivera to investigate 11 kids on an urban fishing pond.

I've actually had job sites robbed. Got a nice detective to show up and tell me to go search pawn shops and watch KSL.

I'll remember that as in homeschooling my kids, yet still paying teachers, and administrators. Im sure the restaraunt guys didn't mind paying all their licensing and fees, then getting closed. I doubt they no dad at all paying up front for liquor, which if opened now sits on shelves.

24% of small businesses will be closed in 2 months.
11% are closed now.

Its spring.
Can You show me a single gov employee that will borrow a million dollars just to go to work? All those farmers that Mike Bloomberg taps about will.

Any gov employees borrowing couple hundred thousand for truck/trailer?
3/4 of a million to dig a hole and haul away dirt?

Million for a restaraunt?

I don't see any of those people standing next to Jenny Wilson as runs her mouth daily.

Like it or not their is no 'shared sacrifice" happening.

I'll take all that as a "thank you" for serving the public, and say, you are very welcome, Hoss. I'm happy to help keep your community safe.

Your agenda on this one is probably the single most ridiculous agenda you've driven on this forum, and let's not forget, you were belligerent about how great BHA was and attacked anyone with the audacity to question them in any way for a year. That was as ridiculous as I thought one could get, until now. You've surprised me, which isn't easy to do. Congrats!

A restaraunt or bar being forcibibly closed, would be no different than you being forcibly removed from a house you own.

We can get cute with dictionaries.
Hoss bring it down a level!
I was not questioning you. I thought you might have a specific story. Just wanted to here the details.
I also do believe the government is doing this all wrong.
But then again I don't think anyone has a good idea how to handle this epidemic. A epidemic of this proportion has not happened in 100 years (the Spanish flu) and that one lasted 2 years infecting a quarter of the world population and killing more than 17 million.
I

I'll take all that as a "thank you" for serving the public, and say, you are very welcome, Hoss. I'm happy to help keep your community safe.

Your agenda on this one is probably the single most ridiculous agenda you've driven on this forum, and let's not forget, you were belligerent about how great BHA was and attacked anyone with the audacity to question them in any way for a year. That was as ridiculous as I thought one could get, until now. You've surprised me, which isn't easy to do. Congrats!

Guess you missed the inmates being released? Thanks for that!

Do yourself a favor.

Go pull up the CDC modeling. Go state by state.

They are as much as 90% wrong in some states. Be it deaths. Be it infections. Be it hospitalizations. Be it ICU.

5 years from now. What will we look back at. Ventilators, or a depression?

Can you off the top of your head tell me how many died of H1N1? I couldn't.

But I can tell you how bad the recesdion was in 09'
And both my wife and son got H1N1.

What agenda am I driving? Risk assessment?

Out of 4,779 worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2018, 1,008 or 21.1% were in construction — that is, one in five worker deaths last year were in construction.

We still built houses, buildings, roads right?

Commercial fishing is one of the most hazardous occupations in the United States with a fatality rate 29 times higher than the national average. -CDC

Did we quit eating seafood?

That's the agenda. 6.6 million THIS WEEK out of work. 11%small buisness closed. 2 trillion added to the debt.

And the plan? If we listen to the public health folks, in about 16 months we could have a vaccine. There's the plan.

Jenny Wilsin is great about screaming about shutting it down. Where's her plan for opening it back up? Her plan is "it will just happen".

That's not a plan. That's not guidance. That's fairy tales and bubblegum.

I don't want anyone to lose a job. ANYONE.

But right now, that's NOT TRUE in the government offices.

nilla said,
"I'll take all that as a "thank you" for serving the public, and say, you are very welcome, Hoss. I'm happy to help keep your community safe. "

And that's your smug reply to a guy in private business? What happened to a little empathy for a small business owner in today's climate?

NO! I'm not a huge Hoss-rant-conspiracy fan but he make a good point about real tax payers....and YES, I'm thankful for Gov employees...to a point. LOL

What will happen when we all work for local, State or Federal Gov and there are no private businesses to pay taxes? It would make covid-19 look like a church-group picnic, that's what.

God help us all. This will get worse before it gets better.
Zeke

Hoss bring it down a level!
I was not questioning you. I thought you might have a specific story. Just wanted to here the details.
I also do believe the government is doing this all wrong.
But then again I don't think anyone has a good idea how to handle this epidemic. A epidemic of this proportion has not happened in 100 years (the Spanish flu) and that one lasted 2 years infecting a quarter of the world population and killing more than 17 million.
I

102 years ago?

Did we have ventilators in 1918? Theraflu?

I dont have a personal story. Yet.

Although I did read now the Governor of Vermont is dictating to Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, etc that shoes, clothes, toys, ARENT ESSENTIAL, so they will not be sold.

Gun stores in LA were shutdown from sheriff's deputies. On And on.

Wait till you guys see the SBA loan program. Heads will explode, but if the feds picked you as a winner, saul goodman.

No, my “smug response” is to Hoss berating government employees like its the maintenance worker at the city’s fault the governor closed in-restaurant dining in the state. Or the office secretary in Millard County’s fault Jenny Wilson shut down barbers in Salt Lake County.

He’s on this rampage against public employees because he doesn’t like the policy decisions of an elected official? Makes sense...

He’ll receive an exact equal amount of empathy from me that he affords to others. I also don’t want anyone to lose their job. I assure you Hoss’s desire for that is no greater than mine. But I also assure you that if anyone loses their job, it is not my fault, so I probably don’t need to be lumped into his criticisms. And I happen to know an awful lot of people in my line of work in the public sector that are worried their jobs are at stake just like a bunch of other people in the private sector are. That budget the state legislature just passed two weeks ago? Yep...you’ll see a special session within a month to revise that. When budgets get slashed across the board, what happens to those employees? But they’re public employees, so they probably deserve it anyway...right Hoss?

There are no winners in poor economies. I don’t know why Hoss tried to make it out that public employees are of the devil. Everyone feels it when things are pinched. We don’t have to start a war between classes of people in the process. If government work is so great and private business ownership is so terrible, I suggest you submit an application at your nearest government office.

Very well said Vanilla.
Hoss chose his profession as did I, I will never make what a private sector electrician will, but I chose my profession for other reasons. In the last recession we had to take two Weeks off with no pay and no raise for five years. I’m sure hoss will say big deal, but the reality is nobody will win in this situation and it’s very sad to see, I don’t want to see this happen anymore than anyone else does, but for him to come across as he does is bs, he’s a two faced pile And I’m sick of seeing him flip flop all the time And act like he’s better than everyone else.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Can you off the top of your head tell me how many died of H1N1? I couldn't.

61 million people in the US alone with close to 12,500 deaths. Worldwide 574,400 deaths. And, you got it the same way, by breathing in or ingesting someone else's lung or snot spray.

The Spanish Flu of 1918, also an H1N1 virus, killed upwards of 50 million. Keep in mind, most of those deaths were because it spread like wildfire in the the trenches and army hospitals during WWI.

No, my “smug response” is to Hoss berating government employees like its the maintenance worker at the city’s fault the governor closed in-restaurant dining in the state. Or the office secretary in Millard County’s fault Jenny Wilson shut down barbers in Salt Lake County.

He’s on this rampage against public employees because he doesn’t like the policy decisions of an elected official? Makes sense...

He’ll receive an exact equal amount of empathy from me that he affords to others. I also don’t want anyone to lose their job. I assure you Hoss’s desire for that is no greater than mine. But I also assure you that if anyone loses their job, it is not my fault, so I probably don’t need to be lumped into his criticisms. And I happen to know an awful lot of people in my line of work in the public sector that are worried their jobs are at stake just like a bunch of other people in the private sector are. That budget the state legislature just passed two weeks ago? Yep...you’ll see a special session within a month to revise that. When budgets get slashed across the board, what happens to those employees? But they’re public employees, so they probably deserve it anyway...right Hoss?

There are no winners in poor economies. I don’t know why Hoss tried to make it out that public employees are of the devil. Everyone feels it when things are pinched. We don’t have to start a war between classes of people in the process. If government work is so great and private business ownership is so terrible, I suggest you submit an application at your nearest government office.

As usual you dont see the forest for the trees.

There is presently, EXCEPT GOV HERBERT, only one sector PUBLIC, closing down jobs, PRIVATE.

I listen to these blow herds inSLC. It's comical. SLC is completely dependent on water from elsewhere, power from elsewhere, food from elsewhere. Yet for some reason Wilson and Mendenhall yap.

I don't want a single person to lose a job. My job is 100% dependent upon folks having an income. But Vanillas isn't. It's asinine to pretend otherwise.

Yep. I chose my profession. I chose my path. Hundreds of thousands of others did as well.

Those hundreds of thousands lost that choice. They were sacrsificed.

I do disaster work. Im essential. As long as roofs leak, houses burn, or pipes break, I'm employed.

But Mr Delicious, the dude who took a lease 1 mile from my house, a month ago. That poor bastard is screwed. He tried opening a restaraunt, last month.

Jenny Wilson, will miss nothing.

And Mr Delicious, he can apply for a loan. But he has tp do it during buisness hours. Because God forbid the government that shut him down work past 5, or weekends.

Notice how quick Vanilla jumps on the cop and firefighter bandwagon. He ain't a cop or firefighter.

Again. I want ZERO folksto lose a job. Can anyone in the public sector say the same?

If nothing else can we at least ask the government to STFU about shared sacrafice?

Notice how quick Vanilla jumps on the cop and firefighter bandwagon. He ain't a cop or firefighter.

Again. I want ZERO folksto lose a job. Can anyone in the public sector say the same?

Are you high? Or really just that ignorant? When have I claimed to be a cop or a firefighter?

But one thing I DID say was I don’t want a single person to lose their job. Not one. I’m in the public sector. I said that just above. That was a really easy answer. One you have already read if you’ve read the thread. So either you are going to lie again, or you’re just dumb. Either way, you’re Hoss. We’ve come to expect it.

Keep up the crusade Hoss. I’m sure there are lots of people just ticked at that county library employee! Burn them at the stake. Oh, and that public works sprinkler guys. Man, I hate those jerks! Get em Hoss. Get em!!!!

Last edited:
Yup. We missed your rant about the guys I call when my job site gets robbed. Hint, I don't call a lawyer. I don't even call the highway patrol. I did call my city cops.

And despite all your spin. All your blustering. All your...... Not one single state employee is sitting on line applying for unemployment. Not a dog catcher. Not a random administrator. No one.

Spin all day. But the shared sacrifice is shared in the private sector. That's the reality. The government isn't proposing shutting down a single government job. Not one.

The private sector hasn't shut down any public sectors. Until they do, you still have zero clue what you are talking about.

A cut in government budget, is NOTthe same as closing entire industries. You claiming it is similar shows only how far out of touch you are.

If the Governor, or Jenny Wilson shut down 25% of government employees, would you be so dismissive? They did it to the private sector.

If the Governor, or Jenny Wilson shut down 25% of government employees, would you be so dismissive? They did it to the private sector.

Just like I asked when I claimed to be a cop or a fire fighter and you couldn’t answer it, I’ll ask when I have been dismissive of people losing their jobs? When have I mentioned the words “shared sacrifice” anywhere on this forum, ever? When have I defended actions of Jenny Wilson?

You’re just making crap up to spew in some nonsensical war against public employees. And now that war is with me, so you’re making more crap up.

You’re accusing me of a lot of stuff. Quote where I’ve claimed any of the above. Or shut up. Either way, I’m good.

Just like I asked when I claimed to be a cop or a fire fighter and you couldn’t answer it, I’ll ask when I have been dismissive of people losing their jobs? When have I mentioned the words “shared sacrifice” anywhere on this forum, ever? When have I defended actions of Jenny Wilson?

You’re just making crap up to spew in some nonsensical war against public employees. And now that war is with me, so you’re making more crap up.

You’re accusing me of a lot of stuff. Quote where I’ve claimed any of the above. Or shut up. Either way, I’m good.

"And if anyone shows up on your next job site and steals all your equipment, don’t call those pesky government employees! "

"I'll take all that as a "thank you" for serving the public, and say, you are very welcome, Hoss. I'm happy to help keep your community safe."

Those were your quotes, correct?

Which pesky government employees were you referring to? And who is it I'm thanking for keeping me safe? Why would I need a cop, but thank you for keeping me safe? I know who my cops are, not one of them is you.

How did YOU "keep my community safe"

You chose to try and score some point that about the essential aspect of ALL government employees, by using cops as the representative.

And somehow, in your haste to again sound superior, you associated me needing to call MY LOCAL cops for a construction robbery, the same as calling a government lawyer?

My mayor hasn't shut anyone down. My county got shut down. My county commissioner isn't on TV daily screaming about shutting everyone down. Nor are 28 other county ccommisioners, or county seat mayors.

Which is exactly my point. It's VERY EASY for Jenny Wilson to demand the entire state shut down. No one in those other 28 counties voted for her. She doesn't have to deal with rural economies. And her office of government employees are not affected.

And you can spin all day. But only a blind man can look at what is actually happening to the economy, and pretend there that a "special session to cut a budget "is the same as government wholesale ending industries.

There WILL NOT be entire departments ended. There will not be 1/4 of the government fired.

I've said it over and over.

I don't want ANYONE to lose jobs. But a huge swath are.

Herbert seems to get that. The SL mayor and SLC mayor, need to STFU, yesterday.

Last edited:
This thread was supposed to be hunting related.... ??‍♂️ At least the cattle moocher part was somewhat still on the hunting topic.

Wow.

I just read that the post office could be shutting down in June. Potentially thousands more without jobs..... Maybe that'll make some happy???? Misery loves company. Maybe?

Many people every day make their career decisions based on job security. Some make their career choices on the potential size of their paycheck. Some choose based on their passion. No one is wrong as to why they chose what they did.

I guess it’s determined. Hoss is truly just THAT ignorant! I used cops, secretaries, clerks, librarians, parks, etc. Keep on your crusade though. Maybe you’ll be able to convince one other person to hate all random public employees because of Jenny Wilson. Maybe.

I’ve literally never seen someone so willing to fabricate a controversy for an internet fight. And this is a forum tristate frequents. Well done Hoss. You’re a one of a kind tool.

The post office was the original instagram. You could read about all your heros there.

I will agree Mayor Wilson does need to keep out of the rural counties buisness. Her putting pressure on Governor Herbert is just another Democratic play.
You shut down the economy in some of the rural cities it will take years maybe never to recover.

I guess it’s determined. Hoss is truly just THAT ignorant! I used cops, secretaries, clerks, librarians, parks, etc. Keep on your crusade though. Maybe you’ll be able to convince one other person to hate all random public employees because of Jenny Wilson. Maybe.

I’ve literally never seen someone so willing to fabricate a controversy for an internet fight. And this is a forum tristate frequents. Well done Hoss. You’re a one of a kind tool.

So by spinning we can just assume you READ YOUR WORDS that specifically said I could thank YOU for keeping my community safe. You DID NOT use parks, secretaries, etc. You SPECIFFICALLY used cops. No one calls a park or secretary when their fonstruction company is robbed. And no one thanks a park or secretary for keeping their community safe. I could quote it back to you again, but you would just change the narrative.

I've yet to see a post from you demanding private industry gets spared, yet someone points out that not all public sector jobs are essential right now, here you come? Funny how defensive you get when it could affect YOU.

Wilhile and a couple others are honest, and I don't fault them. They sought out jobs that were perceived to be recession proof. Right now, they are the smart ones. I hope that continues for them, and even YOU.

My point, is still the same. It's easy to demand society shut down to protect you, if that shutdown doesn't affect you. Which is why as the "leaders" squeal about shutting down the state, PRIVATE industry is desperately coming up with ways to avoid it, with the new testing plans by the tech industry announced yesterday. The industries are vastly and dramatically affected, the SLC leadership isn't.

The best you cam do to prove otherwise is a rumored special session to cut spending. Which in government speak means slow the rate of spending.

I will agree Mayor Wilson does need to keep out of the rural counties buisness. Her putting pressure on Governor Herbert is just another Democratic play.
You shut down the economy in some of the rural cities it will take years maybe never to recover.

I haven't been a fan of Herbert due to his closeness to the $fw model.

But I'm impressed by how hard he is trying to not destroy the state . It would be easy to just lock it down and join the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom