How many days are you gonna get in 2021?

elks96

Long Time Member
So I have not counted my spring bear or turkey yet as those are not fully set, but it looks like my fall will be 36 days (maybe 45) for Lope Elk and Deer. Assuming I get nothing cool like sheep or moose. That is all without taking any extra days off work and spread across the archery and rifle seasons. Plan at least 10 days of turkey/bear this spring.

How about you, what are you up for?

Well, with our falconry birds we hunt 4 days a week from Aug 1 to Feb 1 (minus weather days and gun hunting days) so maybe 60 days a year on average?

Gun hunting maybe 20 days so far with the potential to add another 15.

All in 80 days is a good target! :)

I'll probably get out for the duck opener and maybe the day after if the weather is nice.

Zeke

A hell of a lot more then the wife will like. But a lot less than i would like. Will probably be in the 30-45 range but nothing set in stone yet without tags in hand. Could be a lot more.

Around 65 if I hunt all that is available to me. That won’t include time off work for other tags if we end up drawing some that would require more than just the weekends and holidays

As many as i damn well please, and if the Mrs dont like it i hope the door dont hit her in the ass.

That's the inner voice as I smile and do as im told??
So, you're tellin' us if you want Mrs. hossblur to know you'll be the one telling and not anyone else? :cool:

45 ish days between big game and upland bird hunting, and every weekend through winter either ice fishing or chasing cy dogs when we get enough snow. Can’t wait for the day I don’t have to work anymore.

I'll probably get 8 or 10 days of turkey hunting in this spring. Retiring in August then Wyoming Antelope, Wisconsin Archery deer, Lots of bird hunting over my lab, fall Turkey, South Dakota West River special buck, Wisconsin rifle deer, Wisconsin Muzzle loader deer, maybe late Archery. Coyotes and ice fishing all winter. Can't wait !

depends on the draws. 20-30 days usually. Huntin50 was my goal to hunt 50 days a year. Work, family, church, got to have a little more balance.

-Roughly 18 day duck hunting
-Deer 14 days
-Elk 7 days
-Small game 5
-If you throw fishing in there, it would probably be around 20 days of fishing
-if throw spotting and camping trips in there it would probably be another 20 days total.

14 days archery hunting elk if needed.
3 days shed antler hunting
5 days turkey hunting
14 days archery whitetail hunting
10 days gun whitetail hunting
20 days pheasant hunting
(10 days fishing)

This does not take into account tags I applied for but am not guaranteed (hoping to add 10-14 days to this).

66 days I actually thought it would be more. Some are full days some are partial days. Some are days hunting for myself others are with my daughter or friends. I spend a lot time doing prescribed burns, food plots, cutting brush, mowing, and other work on my farms - almost as much fun as hunting.

As long as my health allows I plan to add days each year. My oldest heads to college in the fall and the second in four more years - their activities keep me home more than work even.

125+... and those are actual hunt days... not scouting. None of those hunts are my personal hunts though. I got to hunt 1 day for myself last year. Probably gonna be zero this year.

True that BeanMan. I'm now starting a precision rifle building and gunsmith business plus we will still outfit a few hunters. I'm looking forward to the change. Life is grand!!

It'll be a weak year for me....I will probably only get 6-7 days in Wyoming unless I draw a lucky Nevada deer tag or an elk tag in NM. I may be able to squeak a CO OTC elk hunt if I treat the wife just right.

I miss the old days when I lived back east & could walk out my door & be in the woods. Back then I spent about 100 days (maybe more) just hunting.
Now that I live in the west that number has gone waaaaaay down.
This year I have 2 turkey hunts that will total 9 days. An antelope hunt in UT for 4 days. A whitetail hunt in MS for 5 days. Then anything else will come from the draw hunts. ??

I will spend most days on monster muley's and onx maps learning everyone's secrets. Then I'll go on the mountain and pretend to hunt while I drive my SXS all over back and forth up and down and through everyone's camp. I'll make sure to take the whole road and go as slow as possible in places you cant pass, but punch it when you can. I figure I'll be up there around 75 days.
Signed "Everyone from Utah!!!!"

I am very lucky! This year I have 8 weeks of use or loose vacation time. I plan on taking half of September for elk and all November for whitetail around my home in VA. That will still allow me to have two weeks for family time. The VA archery deer season runs from September through February so I will get additional afternoon/weekends to hunt.

9 for blacktails/bear
+8 if draw muley in Kali
8 muley out of state

Compared to some of you, I suck. I don't hunt waterfowl, I don't hunt turkey, don't do other upland, used to fish but don't anymore. But for me it's a matter of balancing wifey and kid time as well as vacation days.

My time is definitely a balancing act. My elk hunt will be with my son. My wife is very supportive of him missing one week of school for an archery elk hunt so that’s father son time...also the hunt I most look forward to.

As many days as I want. Wife doesn't mind at all and I work for myself. Not to mention I turn 50 this year and the wife is all about me going out and doing my thing. She wants me to do a Dall hunt but I can't even comprehend spending $30k+ for a hunt!!

Cape buffalo/zebra in May-7 days
Local blacktail 5-7 days
Hopefully out of state deer 5-7.

Hoping to retire in 12-14 months and get back into fishing

I'm hoping to tag along with family on two LE deer hunts. So, between 2 and 14 days I guess... Maybe get an elk tag and go for 3 days..

As it stands right now, 12 days at a minimum, with a possible 19 days. It may be tough with all the work that is coming up.
I passed on putting in for Utah Elk with 25 points due to my medical issues. Maybe next year. I have Utah and Montana deer, with possibly a cow tag in tow.

No wonder I can’t ever retire, I haven’t really thought about it until this thread turned up. I hunt two to three months a year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom