How many hunting rifles do you own?

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
Here's a bored post:
Over the years I've accumulated more rifles than I need for sure but when I was single a married friend told me to buy all the rifles I ever wanted before I got married. He warned that once married, I wouldn't be able to buy any more. That was actually true for me until my kids got older and I had more discretionary income.

Last edited:
two .30 06's,
one .22, one muzzleloader in .50 cal and one 12 gauge shotgun. don't know if you want to count these hunting guns that are not rifles.

Just hunting rifles? No muzzys, shotguns or pinfires? And do I get to count the ones I'm currently working on and/or the ones I've finished restoring/refurbishing that are on consignment at a local pawn shop? Or just the ones I had before I started this crazy (and expensive) hobby?

I was thinking just hunting rifles, excluding muzzy's etc. but obviously some feel threatened by my question. ?️

I was thinking just hunting rifles, excluding muzzy's etc. but obviously some feel threatened by my question. ?️
Not threatened at all, but just wanted to add some excitement to this "bored post". Afterall, this is the Monster Muleys forum, isn't it?

A few more than I need since the past three years I always seem to grab my boat paddle Ruger stainless in 270Win out of the safe when I go hunting.

A few more than I need since the past three years I always seem to grab my boat paddle Ruger stainless in 270Win out of the safe when I go hunting.
I’ve got 2 of those boat paddles in 7mm mag and in 300 win mag. that I haven’t taken out in years. I probably ought to repent.

for,I don't reload might be in the future !
Then you’ll have an even harder time getting ammo. I only reload and I’d be way easier to find factory ammo then the components.

This is of course for other peoples rifle’s since I own none

None left- wife sold them all to buy my Christmas present. She said a numbers matching 68 Camaro SS 396 in pristine condition isn't cheap anymore.

Here's a bored post:
Over the years I've accumulated more rifles than I need for sure but when I was single a married friend told me to buy all the rifles I ever wanted before I got married. He warned that once married, I wouldn't be able to buy any more. That was actually true for me until my kids got older and I had more discretionary income.
Own several,but only use 2 m70's .a 270 here in California and my 300 win out of state.

A couple. But……. I got three tanks, perfectly milled to fit your bowling ball. Now that’s a caliber not many can claim. They shoot long range too, that’s a guarantee they come with.

At least one in each caliber between .20 and .358. (Sold my #1 in .458 Lott.) Favorites are 25’s, 28’s, and 35’s. Killed big game with .22, .24, .25, .27, .28, .30, .33, and .35. Probably kill something with a .26 someday. Not sure if I’ll get around to using the .32. ————SS

For Christmas I got me a Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock, and this thing that tells time! Can't wait to try out some spectacular hip shots!!

For Christmas I got me a Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock, and this thing that tells time! Can't wait to try out some spectacular hip shots!!
The weapon that’s trained nearly every American long range hunter and military sniper!!! Great choice J2K.

I'm like JB1975, the more the merrier. (y) My go to gun however is my Remington model 700 ADL in 30.06 (Core-Loks, bitches!) except Cali, of course where I'm forced to use copper.

I bought off my homeboy who got me into hunting. It was his Dad's who bought it after returning from Vietnam in 1970(?) and he didn't hunt anymore and gave to him. I bought it off him when he quit hunting long ago.

Fun thread.

.22, 22 mag, 22-250, .243, 6.5 needmore, 6.8 western, 30/30, 30-06, 300 win mag, 20 gauge, 12 gauge, 50 cal muzzy and 7 pistols.

Guns are cool

I only need my Kimber .270 but I have more than that and just don't use them because tge Kim er is light and the scope is so nice ( Leopold Vx-4)

Another question along this topic. Do you guys save all the boxes your guns came in? If so, how do you store them? Wrapped in plastic in attic?

I'm with you Lumpy...bought mine to use not to look at...and got plenty of them..most of mine are boat paddles too..but they shoot straight..

Sorry... I had a Boating accident

158326632_3816815051746842_6678908641286994961_n.jpg

My big bore line up-

25-06 Rem BDL

270 Pre 64 Featherweight

6.5 Creedmoor Franchi

6.5 Creedmoor Mossberg Patriot

6.5 PRC Franchi

6.5 PRC Bergara

300 win mag Weatherby
Vanguard

300 Wby Mag Mark V Alaskan

338 Lapua Savage 111

50 cal Knight Thumb Hole Extreme Muzzleloader

280ai
28 nosler
7mm
30-30
270 win.
6.5x284 norma
6.5 cm
6.5 cm
6.5x47 lapua
22-250
then a handful of muzzleloaders and a handful of shotguns and a handful of 22's and a handful of revolvers and pistols.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom