How many of you kill meat bucks the last day?

halfassed

Maybe I should just find a kid to kill a cow elk for me.......let the bucks go to grow. ?

3AB2D527-81F5-414A-9EE5-6F9D0EC48856.jpeg

I’ve never been one to do it, but I probably should’ve this year because I could’ve used the meat. Kind of kicking my myself now.

Excellent skills - big enough, super clean quarters, and going to eat well. Congrats. Ill shoot that any day. First, last no matter.

Last edited:
First day, last day.,mid day it doesn't matter what day . Don't care if it's a, doe , fawn , buck.
big smalI, if it's legal it's, dead and in the freezer, I'm a meat hunter not a horn hunter
After 33+ yrs of killing animals horns r don't impress me never have. and I've yet
To find a recipe to make them tender and edible

First day, last day.,mid day it doesn't matter what day . Don't care if it's a, doe , fawn , buck.
big smalI, if it's legal it's, dead and in the freezer, I'm a meat hunter not a horn hunter
After 33+ yrs of killing animals horns r don't impress me never have. and I've yet
To find a recipe to make them tender and edible
That’s what people who can’t find big animals say. Then they luck into one and before you know it they are asking the score. Only then do they care about horns ????

I hunt for the big horns and when it doesn’t work out I’ll try and harvest a buck. I love mule deer meat. Shot my smallest buck this year. It was also my first year archery in a hot full moon season. I’m not ashamed that I harvested. I was chasing bigger bucks early but just didn’t work out. No shame in eating.
92694922-8E1D-4A34-958F-2A8A0817D0DE.jpeg
21FD1CDB-9381-4710-BE7C-4580BED51C7A.jpeg
3B9BD35E-2DBD-4806-A052-BEAC835A7FD6.jpeg

Not for me, but I'm able to keep plenty of meat in the freezer from our whitetails. I would probably approach it differently if my family relied on it. I'd rather leave them walking for those that do if it's not a mature animal. To each their own.

I’m a pseudo trophy hunter and Not necessarily for meat but I do get trigger happy at times towards the end of the hunt. I don’t mind eating tag soup but when I pay $500-700 for non resident tags it does drive me to fill a tag. Sometimes it’s for a cool shot, sometimes I just haven’t shot much game that particular year and get the urge to kill. There’s plenty of deer and hunting is about having fun. I always say don’t let the quest for a trophy ruin your fun.

I don't kill many mule deer. Haven't killed one in Wyoming for around 10 years or so. Freezer is full of elk, deer( Colorado) and sheep. But if the freezer wasn't full I would have no problem taking a tasty yearling if I felt the need. Money is never a consideration on whether or not I kill something. I hunt mostly for fun!

We take animals for the freezer all the time. I will kill for the meat most times, however, this year we passed a few small bucks even though I went elkless in September. I just didn't see many bucks in the areas I usually can always find some. I think I'll give them a break for a couple years. We don't buy beef, our family eats game meat, fish, and some chicken. ````````````

Let me add that I too factor in my out of state tag cost, meat currently in freezer, and whether or not I have put down anything in my home state.

While I try to take the biggest-bodied, biggest-horned species my tag allows me, I have no compunction filling my tag with a "meat" buck, as previously stated.

Disagree with Slightlysober in a sense. If a guy looks for a bigger deer to kill and isn't able to, then it is ok (to me) to shoot a meat buck. Not everyone will find a mature buck to kill. I think too many have gotten wrapped up in killing big deer instead of filling the tag. To each his own but I will fill the tag if I want the meat. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a forky this year for this exact reason. You won't make me feel bad for doing so.

I have eaten tag soup on numerous years so I feel it all evens out.

This is simply an opinion and we all have our own opinion....

I have no desire to shoot a yearling buck, its not worth the hassle like others have stated, a yearling buck will yield you 20-25 lbs of meat is all. But to each his own, I will shoot a yearling buck if I am trying to get my kids excited about hunting and to be a part of the experience. If I paid someone to cut my deer up then I would never shoot a yearling buck, that is expensive meat if you ask me, Prime Rib would be better use of my money if we are talking price of meat.

i love venison. but my rule is i don't kill anything smaller then a 4x4. the buck i killed this year could be called a meat buck i guess. he was a 4x4 but noting special (he actually had a real big body). it was a fun hunt and a cool place to take a buck. i could have held out for late archery but i had to get to coyote hunting. its a real passion of mine and i went on a bunch of big game hunts this year. every years different i suppose but i was just hunting OTC so i was good with it

Not me I’d rather hunt up to the very last minute looking for a mature Buck and if I don’t find one I go home empty handed. That has included a couple guided hunts. I haven’t shot a 2x2 or 3x3 in over 20 years.
But to each his own I have a hunting partner who believes if he goes out of state and pays a nonresident fees he’s coming home with a deer regardless of size and that’s fine too.

I have in the past shot meat bucks but in recent years have passed a lot of younger bucks here in CA hoping they get the chance to grow. Have started to see those results.
Id also much rather fill the freezer with a cow elk but if I’m out of meat the trigger finger might get itchy.

Last edited:
Disagree with Slightlysober in a sense. If a guy looks for a bigger deer to kill and isn't able to, then it is ok (to me) to shoot a meat buck. Not everyone will find a mature buck to kill. I think too many have gotten wrapped up in killing big deer instead of filling the tag. To each his own but I will fill the tag if I want the meat. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a forky this year for this exact reason. You won't make me feel bad for doing so.

I have eaten tag soup on numerous years so I feel it all evens out.

This is simply an opinion and we all have our own opinion....
My comment was in reference to the guy that doesn’t hold out, shoots the first legal buck. Because it’s not about the antlers...until they kill a big one.

Nothing wrong with filling a tag with a legal specimen...

Not throwing any stones at all. I think people can shoot whatever they feel happy with as long as it is legal. I don't live out West, just love it out there so forgive this question if it is stupid.

Are the tags out there buck only or any sex? If any sex and you want meat then why not just shoot a doe and let the bucks grow? More worried about numbers than rack size?

Shoot a doe and you may have killed 6 future deer. The logic behind killing does seems to be buck:doe ratio. Most rangeland out west is nowhere near carrying capacity. Except Utah and Idaho. ;)

Anyone else notice the change in attitude toward smaller bucks in Utah. Seems to me the last 3-4 years more and more people are openly bragging about the milk lipped forky they shot and how they're "puttin meat in the freezer". This shows how extremely stupid the DWR can be at managing deer herds.

1. There's double the meat on a mature buck compared to a forky.
2. When poor management eliminates any chances at larger bucks, and small bucks are all that you "might" have a chance at, you need to change your attitude to justify the expense of the hunt.

I don't blame the DWR entirely. Hunters need to hold off a bit, and allow bucks to grow.

I’m not sure why anyone should care what someone does with their tag. If everyone focused on killing mature bucks it would probably make the big buck hunting worse. Let them shoot the 2 pts and get off the mountain. Can you imagine if everyone held out for big bucks? It would be a nightmare.

I’m not sure why anyone should care what someone does with their tag. If everyone focused on killing mature bucks it would probably make the big buck hunting worse. Let them shoot the 2 pts and get off the mountain. Can you imagine if everyone held out for big bucks? It would be a nightmare.
Omg way scary ?

Never!
Harvest mature animals or don't hunt! Shooting babies for "meat" is unsportsmanlike. Let the bucks grow up, put on weight, produce good meat & give them a chance to breed. All things that will help your deer heard and genetics moving forward.

The quality of meat in a forkie or spike is VASTLY superior to that of some stinky old "mature" buck or bull.

You can help the herds a lot more if you quit shooting doe's and cows.
I have had decent luck even with mature bucks tasting good. That being said I don’t care what other people do with their tag. I only take issue when people start making excuses for shooting a small buck.

Just my opinion but I don't think meat hunting is nearly as much of an issue for trophy quality as shooting young, underdeveloped 4-point deer. Success is very important to some people for a myriad of reasons. If this is the case, I'd rather have them take a yearling that can be easily replaced the next year by another fawn being born. It's much harder to replace that 3 year old 140"-150" young 4-point that has all the genetic potential in the world. Getting a deer to live long enough to reach maturity is the biggest challenge, therefore each year of growth is extremely valuable.

I wonder why managing agencies have not done more to incentivize selective take of more mature animals? Using Utah's general units as an example; What if there were a percentage of tags available that were 4-point or better and could be had unlimited consecutive years, paying the tag fee each year, until a deer was harvested? Once a hunter harvested, that tag would go back into the draw pool for the next year. As long as you are willing to pay the fee and not harvest, you can hunt every year. This would provide opportunity for both trophy hunters as well as meat hunters and game managers could adjust tag quotas according to objectives. -----SS

Colorado tried antler point restrictions for mule deer. Depending on your worldview, it was either successful or unsuccessful. By now I'm sure the truth behind why they dropped it is out there.

Now killing all the mature deer is fashionable. I might start taking pics of 2 points covering does.

I think it's funny how some of you claim and/or imply better ethics, sportsmanship, and apparently, hunting skills with your absolutes on others decisions to fill their tags.

Painting your BROAD strokes to imply others choices are unsportsmanlike is BS.

"Anyone killing bucks that not 4x4 or bigger, under 4.5 years old, weigh less than 240 lbs and scoring less than 168 (minimum 22" inside spread) is a sorry-a$$ hunter with no ethics, skill, and is probably a commie. You should eat your tag! And don't get me started either-sex tagholders..."

Yeah, that's what it comes across like.

I've never been more than a meat hunter. Often hold out for a mature buck. I like hunting and am not in a hurry to end it. Was into big antlers for awhile which made me a better hunter. I still like big antlers, but don't feel a need to have them to make it a good hunt. Missed a monster this year. Shot a beefy 3x4 two year old a couple of days later. If that bothers someone, tough. No one owes any of us the hunts we want. It's up to us to make that happen.

My grandfather got me started reading, because he always had Outdoor Life and Field & Stream magazines, in his house. I learned to read about the age of four, reading about Jack O'Conner, and his hunts for big racked animals. I asked my grandfather why he shot a little 4 point, and din't hold out for a trophy. His words, which I have imparted to my grandson; " Any animal you get to harvest is a gift from God. Who are you to tell God the gift isn't good enough? Sure, look for a big rack, but don't turn up your nose at that gift".

I find a bit of irony in this post. When I hunt I’m trying to kill a big buck like most folks but by the end of the hunt I usually unapologetically take a meat buck. However when trout fishing I release the bigger “trophy” fish after I take a photo but I’ll keep a few smaller ones for eating. They just taste better.
Ok. Let the ethics police come get me now. LOL!

I have zero interest in shooting young / small anything...but that's just me! I find no difficulty, reward or gratification in it...and I can't ever imagine being that hungry!?

Regardless, that's just my own personal feelings on hunting...if a guy has a tag, enjoys what he's doing and likes the meat - then so be it, and congrats to him if he's happy!

No. I’d rather see those bucks grow up. And I doubt many can make the need the meat argument.
Most here can afford to BUY meat from the store so the NEED is not a necessity for most I would guess. However, those that can't legally buy game meat have to hunt for it so why not kill two birds with one stone? Enjoy being out hunting and reap the benefit of having a tag?

Some of you are missing the point. In 1970 this question would not have been asked, it was a non issue. IN 2020 things have changed a lot. If you want there to be Deer around you need to let them go sometimes. My family eats a deer in a week. So I know a Deer wont fill your freezer and most of you end up throwing it out in 2 years. I just got back from a 3 day trip on the winter range. IT WAS SAD. So keep shooting your meat bucks and you will soon have an even harder time getting a tag. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU GUYS IN WY

You eat a deer in a week? Just how big an ol' boy are you?

I'm calling BS. :ROFLMAO:

This should solve everything:

Just WTF is a "North American Cheetah "? Did this just go political?

Last edited:
Colorado tried antler point restrictions for mule deer. Depending on your worldview, it was either successful or unsuccessful. By now I'm sure the truth behind why they dropped it is out there.

Now killing all the mature deer is fashionable. I might start taking pics of 2 points covering does.
Hello Bluehair,
I remember those days in Colorado when they had the "3 point minimum" rule for mule deer in place. As I understand it, the DOW was responding to complaints about the scarcity of the mature bucks being seen. Their intention was to force hunters to pass on the forkys, thereby raising the overall age, and number, of the bucks.
Made perfect sense on paper!
Unfortunately, it didn't work out very well. Turns out that too many people were still shooting the first horns they saw, and then walking away when they realized it was not a legal buck, and then later shooting a second "legal buck" to tag. In 1988, we found several dead, fork horn bucks, abandoned & untouched. It was not until they went to the draw system for all deer hunting, that we started seeing bigger bucks.
At least that is how I remember it!

Elkchaser

I'm on the fence on the "Meat Buck" debate! I'm the guy that would always talk the big talk about "holding out for a big one this time", and yet I never did! I have made many trips to the North Kaibab (back when you could still draw a tag every few years), and western Colorado (back when the tags were over the counter) and I usually ended up taking the first "decent" buck I saw. Usually a small 4 or a 3 point, , , , and I was as happy as I could be.
I would still love to put my tag on a 200" mule deer someday. But, I now realize you have to be able to pass on the little guys if you want a chance at the big guys. The truth is, I just enjoy the whole experience too much to get hung up on score.
Just sayin!

Elkchaser

I shot 3 bucks this year, 2 of them mature and one was a forky. I shot him because I only had one deer in the freezer, but I think from now on I will let anything younger than a 3 year old walk. I’ve always had the tag filling mentality, but as I get older I enjoy hunting more than actually killing. If some states gave the option I would probably shot an old doe before I shot a young buck. Maybe next year I’ll try to get a cow elk early than have some fun horn hunting......

I won’t lie, I like beef better so I don’t necessarily need to shoot one but if I did, it’s nobody’s business. If someone takes a small buck they get judged for it but If they shoot a 20” four point, that somehow make some people feel better? That buck is only one or two years older and 30 pounds heavier than a forky.

I have only killed three mule deer. I was one of those that would only kill the big ones. Each one I killed was bigger than the last. I passed on so many sure things over the past 25 years, it’s not even funny. Some of those years were big hunting years like 2 states rifle deer, otc elk, and otc archery deer for two seasons, willing to eat my rifle tag if I killed a big archery one. I changed this year, my Brother in Law killed a buck and I got some of the meat and I forgot how nice it is to have it. While I won’t ever put in for cow elk, I will hold out for a mature animal until the last day. I haven’t been there yet, so I don’t know if I can actually do it if it’s a small one or an otc cow. I just know I’m out to fill the freezer, more so than in the past.

I wish we could be like some of those whitetail hunt videos where they will only shoot 5 year old deer, Utah hunters shoot yearling bucks, there is probably only1-3% that even shoot a 4-5 year old in utah.

Years ago (30) California tried the 3 point or better rule. The reason they went away from it was they were finding literally hundreds of 2 points big or small laying left to rot in the field from asshat hunters who shot before seeing if it was a legal 3 point. They shoot, walk up and see that it is just a forkie and walk away. That doesn't help anything get bigger.
Hell, hunters cant even agree on how to count mule deer points half the time and if you mention the term " western count" they lose their mind. Half of them count the eye guards also. So asking them to verify it has at least 3 points on one side before they shoot...... good luck

Years ago (30) California tried the 3 point or better rule. The reason they went away from it was they were finding literally hundreds of 2 points big or small laying left to rot in the field from asshat hunters who shot before seeing if it was a legal 3 point. They shoot, walk up and see that it is just a forkie and walk away. That doesn't help anything get bigger.
Hell, hunters cant even agree on how to count mule deer points half the time and if you mention the term " western count" they lose their mind. Half of them count the eye guards also. So asking them to verify it has at least 3 points on one side before they shoot...... good luck
Optics are far superior now and noticing antlers is more clear than any other time. Also there is no proof that hundreds of 2 points were dying in the field and hunters leaving them, yes it will happen and I bet it would be a small percent now vs. then, and the small percent of casualties would be better than the on slaughter of them now.

I like the idea of a point restriction. Why not make spikes and 3 point or better legal game? Leave the forked horns for the following year to be 3 points? If a guy wants a meat buck, let him/her remove a spike from the herd who may be genetically lower on the pole? I'd bet the guys that shoot legal deer far outweighs those that shoot illegal deer. Or, maybe states should just cut tags so the herd gets stronger and older. Cutting tags means less opportunity for hunters. There is no perfect solution so this will be a lifelong debate.

Optics are far superior now and noticing antlers is more clear than any other time. Also there is no proof that hundreds of 2 points were dying in the field and hunters leaving them, yes it will happen and I bet it would be a small percent now vs. then, and the small percent of casualties would be better than the on slaughter of them now
You would like to think , yet just last weekend in Craig Colorado some clowns shot into a hurd of elk killing 3 cows and 1 bull. They gutted the bull and took it yet left all 3 cows.
Even though our optics have gotten better over the years , apparently our morals and common sense have not.

You would like to think , yet just last weekend in Craig Colorado some clowns shot into a hurd of elk killing 3 cows and 1 bull. They gutted the bull and took it yet left all 3 cows.
Even though our optics have gotten better over the years , apparently our morals and common sense have not.
That is unbelievable. How is that even possible? I hope Fish and Game was called...

Uhhhh.....we tried the point restriction thing here. It obviously didn't work or we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

Maybe I'm under thinking it.:p
It was tried and doesn't work under the current mule deer plan, because the mule deer plan is to only manage for 15-17 bucks. The only way we will ever see more bucks on the land is to get the buck to doe taken off of the mule deer plan. The plan should say we will manage for a minimum of 15 bucks but there should not be a set maximum, it should be if the landscape or the habitat is bad then we will give more buck tags to reduce it back to the minimum. The connection between what people want and what is managed is 2 different things. We want more deer, yes, but we want more bucks as well. Get the DWR to manage a minimum and not a maximum and we will be happier. I dont think anyone would be upset if the unit they hunt goes from 15 to 30.

And as stated earlier, one unfortunate way to manage to the magical "buck:doe ratio" is to kill does.

But I'm convinced. Who's going to tell the cattlemen they been doing it wrong for the last couple hunnert years?

The quality of meat in a forkie or spike is VASTLY superior to that of some stinky old "mature" buck or bull.

You can help the herds a lot more if you quit shooting doe's and cows.
I’ve never had a bad bull or whitetail. And I’ve only had 1 bad muley but he was far from old.

Optics are far superior now and noticing antlers is more clear than any other time. Also there is no proof that hundreds of 2 points were dying in the field and hunters leaving them, yes it will happen and I bet it would be a small percent now vs. then, and the small percent of casualties would be better than the on slaughter of them now.
Unless you use vortex ???

Uhhhh.....we tried the point restriction thing here. It obviously didn't work or we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

Maybe I'm under thinking it.:p
True , with few hard winters we had CO lost a lot of does and fawns , bucks . The deer numbers never came back , being able to still shoot all three doesn’t make sense today . 4 th season hunts should be canceled but that’s another can of worms .

I won’t lie, I like beef better so I don’t necessarily need to shoot one but if I did, it’s nobody’s business. If someone takes a small buck they get judged for it but If they shoot a 20” four point, that somehow make some people feel better? That buck is only one or two years older and 30 pounds heavier than a forky.
Hello Shadow,
Shhhhhh! Be careful admitting on this site that you like beef better than venison.:oops:
They just might lynch ya!
I have probably eaten a ton of venison throughout my lifetime, , , , and I still prefer a nice Beef Ribeye or New York strip! There. I said it! They say that admitting it is the first step to recovery!
Seriously, I never waste game meat but it don't break my heart (at least not in the last 15 years or so) if I go home without filling my tag. Filling my tag is like the icing on the cake, I still like eating the cake!
If some on here do not approve, , , , get over it!

Elkchaser

From one beef guy to the others, how old you suppose that steer was?

And to make sure I'm not misunderstood, I'm not saying a mature deer is bad. I'm saying a young deer is better. Much better.

From one beef guy to the others, how old you suppose that steer was?

And to make sure I'm not misunderstood, I'm not saying a mature deer is bad. I'm saying a young deer is better. Much better.
I have had plenty of deer, and it doesn't matter the age they all have tasted the same.
Beef is good, and I like my steaks.

If you ever find "baja fillets" in your butcher are of wherever you shop, try them. They are excellent...same shape as a tenderloin.

It was tried and doesn't work under the current mule deer plan, because the mule deer plan is to only manage for 15-17 bucks. The only way we will ever see more bucks on the land is to get the buck to doe taken off of the mule deer plan. The plan should say we will manage for a minimum of 15 bucks but there should not be a set maximum, it should be if the landscape or the habitat is bad then we will give more buck tags to reduce it back to the minimum. The connection between what people want and what is managed is 2 different things. We want more deer, yes, but we want more bucks as well. Get the DWR to manage a minimum and not a maximum and we will be happier. I dont think anyone would be upset if the unit they hunt goes from 15 to 30.
So you are saying the DWR don't want maximum numbers on bucks.
Yes the DWR has buck to doe numbers but that is just a trigger point to increase permits or decrease permit numbers. You might not agree with increasing permits when buck to doe numbers are achieved but it is not intended to decrease buck numbers it is intended maximum use of the resource.
The DWR is not against buck to doe numbers increasing above the recomend. The only thing they would be against is total carrying capacity numbers.
Three point or better does not work for many reasons it is not just because too many fork horns that got shot and left behind.
It has been proven to hurt genetics when you influence pepole too shoot three point or better. The units that have tried it in most cases the quality of older age class bucks have suffered.
More three by fours and more crab claw bucks.

How
Just my opinion but I don't think meat hunting is nearly as much of an issue for trophy quality as shooting young, underdeveloped 4-point deer. Success is very important to some people for a myriad of reasons. If this is the case, I'd rather have them take a yearling that can be easily replaced the next year by another fawn being born. It's much harder to replace that 3 year old 140"-150" young 4-point that has all the genetic potential in the world. Getting a deer to live long enough to reach maturity is the biggest challenge, therefore each year of growth is extremely valuable.

I wonder why managing agencies have not done more to incentivize selective take of more mature animals? Using Utah's general units as an example; What if there were a percentage of tags available that were 4-point or better and could be had unlimited consecutive years, paying the tag fee each year, until a deer was harvested? Once a hunter harvested, that tag would go back into the draw pool for the next year. As long as you are willing to pay the fee and not harvest, you can hunt every year. This would provide opportunity for both trophy hunters as well as meat hunters and game managers could adjust tag quotas according to objectives. -----SS
how would a 4 point restriction stop 130” 4 points from being shot....

How
how would a 4 point restriction stop 130” 4 points from being shot....
Point restrictions do help increase buck doe ratio and it will give more opportunities for 130” deer creating more hunter satisfaction. I have seen where it worked, the unit didn’t produce huge deer but when you went you could plan on seeing a lot of bucks and a few decent ones. I know everyone has a different opinion of decent.
Most folk are thrilled with a 24inch buck 3 point or better.

Most years no. Usually can fill freezer with bigger bucks, antelope and elk. On a bad draw year for tags, little chance for a elk in freezer or the freezer is empty I have no problem on last day putting one in the freezer. I enjoy and eat the meat and have for 60 years.

Most years no. Usually can fill freezer with bigger bucks, antelope and elk. On a bad draw year for tags, little chance for a elk in freezer or the freezer is empty I have no problem on last day putting one in the freezer. I enjoy and eat the meat and have for 60 years.
Refreshing--a common sense explanation of your hunting experiences and choices in a common-sensical manner!

However, be forewarned--those superior hunter/killers with above average skills may publicly tar-and-feather you.

"HOW DARE YOU KILL a last day inferior buck? It only has 2.5 pounds of meat whereas my mature, big ol' 4x4 has 145 pounds, which I carried out on my back in one load. Did you let that baby actually get off it's mama's teet? There go the herds!"

Or something like that...

Shoot what you want, but don't come back here and complain that there are no mature bucks when your wacking 2 pts every year.
Well...that really is the bottom line! Its hard to fault folks for "filling" a tag they've acquired, but its hard to help the problem when everyone's doing it too.

Besides...I'll never understand how guys think venison is better than beef? ?

I won’t argue what’s better between Deer and Beef, but here’s what I like about Venison. The Summer Sausage with cheese and jalapeño, hamburger to make Tacos, roasts with cream of mushroom and jerky. I don’t mind the steaks either but I think Beef is definitely better there. What I don’t get from Beef is a sense of pride, also knowing that it’s pumped up with things Deer isn’t, dilutes it a little. Eating Deer makes me feel better than the cheap feeling I get from Beef. I guess Beef is too easy, both in availability and making it taste good.

When I first started Archery hunting any Mule Deer that was dumb enough to let this newbie stalk into bow range was in trouble. I shot many smaller Mule deer over the next several years.
Now I just don't care to shoot any more small deer only choosing to hunt for big deer.
I'd rather watch the smaller Bucks and hope they live a few more years.

I guess we should ban cars then, they take out more deer than anything I have seen out of hunters. Nobodies business if someone shoots a forky Or a monster, just choose what type of hunter you want to be. I would rather take an elk than a deer, but have taken 3 points late in a hunt to get some jerky and salami made.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom