How many pairs of hunting boots do you own?

How many pairs of boots you own?

• Total voters

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I’m always giving my wife crap about the shoes that she owns. Of course she throws it back at me. I don’t think I own as many as her, but it got me thinking about my hunting boots/shoes.
How many pairs of hunting boots or shoes do you own?
What brands are you using and which are your favorite?

172D2597-32E7-48A5-BE44-15057F475BC0.jpeg

Hey Blank,
Maybe Larry Potterfield could use you in the next Midway USA commercial!!! :LOL:
Right now I only have two pair but my feet are hard to fit.

I bought a new pair of Zamberlan boots last year and have loved them so far. I also have a lightweight pair of Asolo boots that I really love if the weather is good.

My wife tried to tell me I have too many shoes. Of course I claimed she had way more than me. Before we were done arguing we had every pair of shoes we own on the living room floor. She had 33 and I had 17. We both tossed about 5 pairs and our closets look way better.

5 pairs. My oldest worn out pair I use for mowing the yard. It gets rotated out to the garbage about every other year. Oh, and then there's fishing boots. Oh, and golf shoes.

I only have 2 pairs of shoes that I keep in the house so it doesn't look so bad. :)

4-5 pairs. I have a pair of Crispis, Meindls, Asolo and Salomons. I really enjoyed the comfort right out of the box with my Crispis.

Hawkeye

Finally upgraded to 10" high boots last year. The nerve damage to my right leg has gotten so bad, that my ankle would turn on steeping on a dime. I wore Asolo's for 30 plus years, and loved them. I got Crispi's and they have been a God send for my ankle.
Almost ordered a custom pair of boots from Russell Moccasin, until I found out about Crispi.

I have, Crispi's, Hanwag's, Lowa's, (2) Asolo's, Aku, Technica's. Love Asolo but the soles are very soft and don't last. The Crispi's, hanwag's, and Lowa's are great but blew out the Lowa's this year. Crispi's the toe box got pushed in and need to fix or throw away as I can't seem to "pop" them out. I hate throwing away a $450+ pair of boots. Hanwag's are nice but don't have enough room in them for a good insole, so the only insole I can use are thin. Thinking about a pair of Kennetrek, another Lowa or maybe those Hoffman's for next year.

Crispi nevadas, 200g. Crispi dakotas, not insulated. Muck 1400 insulated. Cabelas predator 2000g.

Ariat work boots for wearing around camp

Guilty- at least 7 I can think of. 2 Danner, 1 Kenetrek, 1 Crispi, 2 LaCrosse Alpha Burly for whitetail hunting, 1 Pair of lightweight Timberland going on 15 years and still does not leak. A couple of others I can't remember the brand off hand that I use sparingly.

Last edited:
Now that I'm retired military, all of those boots have been converted to hunting boots.

I was fortunate that near the end of my career, almost all of our boots made perfect candidates for a second life in the hunting fields.

Every time I deployed, it was an automatic two pairs of new boots. Warm weather boots, cold weather boots, depending on when and where I was going. I'm covered for just about any type of hunting I'll do for as far out as I can see.

Add those to all of my already dedicated hunting boots, and I could pass for a cousin of Imelda Marcos. ?

Man o man, sure glad we didn’t have to include wading shoes, wading boots, hip boots, and chest waders!!!

As an avid flyfisherman, who fishes year-round (wet wading to fishing in the snow), on water ranging from lightweight hike-in trips on tiny streams to rocky streams to rivers, my array of wading gear is rather "varied" as well.

Boots, backpacks, tents, and guns can never have enough to fit the right terrain,weather, or hunt. My Utah sheep hunt I took 2 types of waders and 3 pairs of hiking boots.
And yes, my wife gives me crap about all my gear.
Bill

just looked. I have 9 pairs of hunting boots. All lowa Tibet’s. Two are still new in the box. I wear Tibet’s every day 7 days a week.

Differences are why we are prepared the way we are. That’s like having just one boat, and expecting it to do it all. Nope!!

I always take pix of my new boots when I get them home and a pic of the receipt and a hard copy off the printer for any future warranty

Robb

IMG_4551.jpg

I'm not a real religious person but I am a believer. I went to church yesterday for the first time in about two years. This thread hits yesterdays message right on the head. Makes a man start to think about things other than just boots and more stuff.

By the way, I have more than 7 pair of boots which is about 5 too many.

Any one have crocs in their closet? If so you automatically lose your man card, those things are disgusting

Any one have crocs in their closet? If so you automatically lose your man card, those things are disgusting

I wear them all the time in my shop. You can't beat them for comfort.

Standing on a concrete floor all day, they are a back saver.

Say what you want, but my body thanks me at the end of the day.

I own Kenetrek Mt Extreme non insulated, love them. Kenetrek Mt Guide 400g, don't fit right. The top dog is my Scarpa Wrangell GTX, hands down the most comfortable, supportive, and durable boot I have! Going to sell my Mt Guides.

I currently have 3 pairs of Crispis, 2 or 3 Lowas, and 2 pairs of Scarpas. I often switch back and forth between pairs depending upon the type of terrain, time of year, and weather.

I'm fortunate to get $ for boots at work. I use and abuse them on a daily basis so go through them relatively fast.

I'm jealous of the garage as well!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom