How the task force is currently working

Sure wish the G&F would publish a list of current Gen units that have too high a population of bulls and don't get enough hunter participation. Until I see that, any effort to increase the 7250 quota or move to NR regions is smoke and mirrors.
Yes, just another wishlist item that needs a ton of scrutiny. The next meetings in two weeks should be douseys!

Dumping 40% of the non resident antelope tags into a guided only pool sure is frustrating to hear. It's super frustrating for deer and elk as well but antelope, come on.

I would venture a guess and say all the board members are republicans. I'm sure they are capitalists and against welfare for those people already working. Val Kilmer in Tombstone said it best, "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

I would venture a guess and say all the board members are republicans. I'm sure they are capitalists and against welfare for those people already working. Val Kilmer in Tombstone said it best, "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."
Actually not all are Republicans.

Consider this: before the TF, WYOGA opposed 90/10 because of the revenue loss they claimed would harm businesses and small towns in Wyoming. Now, as long as the deal is to give 40-50% of NR tags to the outfitter draw in exchange for 90/10 DEA, that concern has vanished.

I supported 90/10 for the big 5, but what's happening now is embarrassing.

Dumping 40% of the non resident antelope tags into a guided only pool sure is frustrating to hear. It's super frustrating for deer and elk as well but antelope, come on.
Can't hardly find a guided antelope hunt for under $1800 these days.....I would never hire a guide but I get emails. $1800 is going to be cheap if it takes 8-10 years to draw a buck antelope tag.

As a WY resident I might be in the minority, but I say go 85%-15% on DEA with no government handouts to outfitters. WY residents get more tags, and non-residents don't get totally screwed. Outfitters can sell their product to 15% instead of 10%. That's called a compromise. Re-evaluate in 5 years.
NR getting totally screwed anyway because they are going to increase the NR tag fees to cover any shortfalls in revenue. So, NR's lose out on tag opportunities and when we do draw, we pay more for the tag. Double frickin whammy.....

NR getting totally screwed anyway because they are going to increase the NR tag fees to cover any shortfalls in revenue. So, NR's lose out on tag opportunities and when we do draw, we pay more for the tag. Double frickin whammy.....
I agree it’s terrible. Probably should stop applying. All of you.

?

As a WY resident I might be in the minority, but I say go 85%-15% on DEA with no government handouts to outfitters. WY residents get more tags, and non-residents don't get totally screwed. Outfitters can sell their product to 15% instead of 10%. That's called a compromise. Re-evaluate in 5 years.
Handouts and allocations go hand in hand, that's the name of the game.

Let's make it 90-10 with 50% going to outfitters then and raise NR licensee fees. Quadruple whammy it. I was just suggesting a middle ground. 90-10 with 50% to the outfitters benefits me more than 85-15 with 0% going to outfitters. NR guys sure know how to lobby residents.

NR, point holder here. Rut Roh Shaggy!! Be interesting to see what happens. I certainly understand the residents point of view and would feel probably feel the same. The outfitter portion chaps my ass though!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom