How to improve this site. Just an Idea.

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Ok, I know that lately there have been quite a few one post wonders. It really bugs me how some people just go onto a board to harass people. I was thinking, maybe we could have a membership fee for being a member here. Just like a single fee for like $10 that gets you a year long membership. That way you don't have to worry about paying every month.

I also think that would keep a lot of the people away from here that are just here to cause trouble. What do you guys think?

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Seems like a good idea....but dont you think that it would keep more than just those who mess it up for everyone out? Not everyone would be willing to pay the $10 just to keep whiners out....there will always be conflict
YB

$10 isn't all that much for 1 year IMHO.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I belong to a great fishing board that has a contributing members forum and another for members who have posted a certain number of times. Seems to work well.

I'd pay 10 bucks to get rid of the english teachers and winers.
i haven't been posting as much as i used to due to being a redneck with poor grammer and bad spelling.
I would still reserve the right to whine over not getting my elk tag.
PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE LET ME DRAW NEXT YEAR MR G&F

I would pay $100. just to reply to the jerks out their that
need to be put in their place! (And to read what BOBCATBESS has to say!LOL!).
You can never make all happy! But for fees I would like to see
spellcheck and an easy way to post pictures!
RACKMASTER

Just new to the site and I would have paid money to keep jokers out and keep the serious hunting talk going.

Bugle1in, that's a good Idea. It's similar at a Car forum where I'm a member at. It works well also.

I know that on the Car Forum where I'm a member, all you have to do to post a pic, is when you're writing a post, there's a button labeled "Browse", you click that, and it automatically goes to "My Pictures" on your computer and you can post whatever pictures you want, as long as they are under 250 kb.

You guys are taking this MM stuff way to serious. Your starting to sound like the kid who ran home from the play ground to tell mommy the big kids were teasing him.

The fishing site I am a contributing member to also moderates what is said very effectively to keep to the topic at hand! For instance no politics on the fishing section. If u want to talk politics there is a specific section for that. There is also no bashing etc. tolerated. I like it.

I belong to another outdoors forum that is in its early stages of growth. I'm not sure about the pay to be a member, personally I think you will loose a good number of members. You would still want it available to guests to view, after all I wouldn't join any thing without being able to veiw it.

All in all I think this is an excellent forum, well moderated and really haven't seen very much trouble makers on it. If its not broke don't fix it.

The board has gotten a little better IMHO over the last week. I posted this right around the time when people were really B!tching about anything, and everything. I agree that it should be able to be viewed by guests, but if you decide to post, then you have to pay a SMALL fee. I just think it could help out more.

Nunya, I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm just throwing out an idea that I think would keep all the whiners and "Pot Stirers" (SP?) out. I wasn't saying that it has to be this way, just wanted to know what everybody thought. Please find anywhere on this board a "whining" post that I have posted. I honestly can't think of any. I usually try to stay out of stuff that ticks me off.

I agree that the english majors are annoying but I enjoy reading and participating in the (constructive) debate on this site as it has taught me a thing or two. Even from those with spelling issues (made a few myself).

I have found that the english majors are those that are usually on the losing end of a debate so they pick on whatever they can find to try and save face. As for the pot-stirrers and whiners, take a deep breath and embrace the fact that there are those out there that have, and are entitled to opinions other than your own.

It's like cable tv, choose what you like and turn off what you dont. If you're looking for a site where everyone shares your opinion, good luck as it will never happen in this country, even if you charge em ten bucks.

You have to admit though, some of this stuff is like a car wreck, you don't want to look but you have to. Some of the debates on this site are worth 10 bucks to read.

John

Good point, I dont' believe in making fun of somebody because they spelled something wrong on a computer. Some people just are computer inclined.

I too agree that this is great site! I have really enjoyed it over the years. Only throwing out ideas.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom