How was unit 53 antelope this year

Crappy pics but I took my goat spot and stalk with my bow during the rifle hunt… He score higher than he looks but nothing to brag about….

E406A208-5B62-4EF2-BF78-50B8036A6264.png

BDA0D01D-3BA8-4616-99C7-13DB206D8BFE.png

There's been some weather so you should see some bigger groups. We were up that way 2 weeks ago and they were still scattered. We noticed they seemed more skidish than previous years. Didn't see anything huge over 4 days either. Nephew took his 1st big game buck which was exciting. He's quite proud of his hunt that included the inaugural Wyoming belly crawl along with cactus mine field. Not much cover to hide behind in some areas. Enjoy your time out there.

20221014_112615.jpg

There's been some weather so you should see some bigger groups. We were up that way 2 weeks ago and they were still scattered. We noticed they seemed more skidish than previous years. Didn't see anything huge over 4 days either. Nephew took his 1st big game buck which was exciting. He's quite proud of his hunt that included the inaugural Wyoming belly crawl along with cactus mine field. Not much cover to hide behind in some areas. Enjoy your time out there.

View attachment 91699
Congratulations on the hunt . They were really bunched up yesterday . Hard to get very close at all .

Congratulations on the hunt . They were really bunched up yesterday . Hard to get very close at all .
One thing I have noticed down there…. they have a few ridges or look outs they really like. I have had success getting to a spot where there are several groups with a high spot where they get and hang out or a creek bottom where they hang out close. Then just after first light park the truck walk into the area they like and don’t worry much about spooking…. Then get right in the middle of the area sit in a bush and wait. I have found lots of times the lopes will make a big huge loop and end up back in the same spot an hour or 2 later. Get in a sage set the gun up and just wait.

I learned this watching g the herds when I coyote hunt. Go into a spot, scare the lopes as Sit and call the stand leave and come back past the stand an hour or 2 later and the lopes are right back in the same spot…

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed down there…. they have a few ridges or look outs they really like. I have had success getting to a spot where there are several groups with a high spot where they get and hang out or a creek bottom where they hang out close. Then just after first light park the truck walk into the area they like and don’t worry much about spooking…. Then get right in the middle of the area sit in a bush and wait. I have found lots of times the lopes will make a big huge loop and end up back in the same spot an hour or 2 later. Get in a sage set the gun up and just wait.

I learned this watching g the herds when I coyote hunt. Go into a spot, scare the lopes as I elk in, call the stand leave and come back past the stand an hour or 2 later and the lopes are right back in the same spot…

You said that right.

I learned this watching g the herds when I coyote hunt. Go into a spot, scare the lopes as Sit and call the stand leave and come back past the stand an hour or 2 later and the lopes are right back in the same spot…
We got it done yesterday on I think a pretty good goat . They are so hard to judge ?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom