How wide?

buckspotter7

This is the biggest buck I've ever seen on the hoof. I posted this pic a long time ago. I was wondering what you guys think for width? I know going away with ears tucked back is tough.

6419scan0002.jpg

kilowatt

Seems like the magic number lately is 40" so that is my final guess.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Elk_Nuts

WIDE ENOUGH!!!1 BOOM!

-John Wayne

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My guess would be 34"s.....but if Manny's holding the tape, around I'm guessing closer to 46.

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Buckspotter, Geeze, everything is against making a intelligent answer as to the width of this buck. Running away, ears back, not so clear, just a really hard way to make a decent appraisal.

That said, Man is he ever a dandy buck that looks to be over 30" with the main frame alone. Too bad you don't have some better pic's of this guy! Thanks for posting!!

Joey

buckspotter7

Joey, I expected to catch some flack for my width estimate. I didn't think my photography skills would be attacked. just kidding! That is blown up up off of a 35 mm print taken under low light. I was thrilled to get what I did at the time. That is a tough angle and ears back make it worse. I think he was 34 -35ish with 7-8 inches of cheaters. Could be a little generous though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Top Bottom