Hows everyone doing?

O

Oats

How was your dove opener? I plan on going out this evening so I'll let give a report then. I've noticed the bird numbers are way down in Pueblo county CO. I'm hoping to get some after the next cold front. What are the numbers like in your area?

I went out this morning and had a limit by nine. There was a ton of birds where I went in Tooele county Utah.

i'll be out saturday afternoon with a friend and my brother here in oklahoma. the guy that owns the land we'll be on said he's seen fewer doves this year than in a real long time. may have to hurry up and find a new place to hunt.

It sounds from what I've heard so far today that the numbers are down here also. Although most people limited out it took longer to do it. I only ended up with 8 birds. But I think a lot of it was we tried a different place.

I bet I'm the only person in the country that can say that I got a dove today by hitting it with the barrel of my shotgun instead of shooting it. My buddy winged it and it was hovering and coming straight at me so instead of shooting it at point blank I just knocked it out of the air like a baseball. It's always a good time out shooting.

Just got back, hunted on some private property with a couple of cattle ponds. It was a little better than I thought it would be ended up with 10 and also saw a bunch of quail, too bad season isn't open yet. The numbers are definatly way down.

Hunted the opener down in Yuma AZ.
Both of us got our limit in 1 hour.
My brothers were over in Maricopa AZ and limited out in 2 hours.
So far so good. It is definitely better than last year.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I also hunt Tooele County, missed out on the morning, but the afternoon hunt was great... shot about 2 boxes of shells in an hour and a half, got 8 doves. (I know, I know. Not so great... it's a warm up for the year ok? LOL). Anyway, got to take out my 12 year old nephew for his 1st time and he shot his 1st dove and 1st animal period. But same story as above, saw more than I could count and had a great time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom