Hows the snow been in the panhandle of idaho

notrace

We are planning a spring bear hunt for far northern Idaho up by preist lake and I'm guessing it's not going to be thawing out before jun?

What's anyone's thoughts on that??

Lot's of it. I'm only at 2500 feet and we've had snow the last three mornings. Melt hasn't started. I expect a lot of roads at the higher elevations will be late to open.

snotel.png

I'd be less concerned with the moisture content of the snow and more concerned with the fact it's April and not only has none of it come off, but we're still adding to it.

It is not going to be easy getting around anywhere this spring in Idaho. I’ve started putting bait together but I’m actually thinking about just bagging bait all together and just waiting till late may for some spot and stalk trips. Either way I’ll kill a bear, I just don’t know if the effort of baiting will be worth it this year

Looking at that map it doesn't look as bad as it's been to the south of there but now will it warm up??

I just don't want to take a week off to go up and have the bears still in hibernation lol ?

I use to go 2 week of May but it's been a few years since I've gone up there.
I’d go end of may if not first week of June especially if you’re taking time off and traveling . Bears will be up here soon if not now,that’s not a concern. Roads will be snowed in all over so getting to them will be the issue

It is not going to be easy getting around anywhere this spring in Idaho. I’ve started putting bait together but I’m actually thinking about just bagging bait all together and just waiting till late may for some spot and stalk trips. Either way I’ll kill a bear, I just don’t know if the effort of baiting will be worth it this year
The hounders need you.....don't quit.

We’ve got gobs statewide and it hasn’t even begun to come off yet. Gonna be a messy spring.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom