How's the Velvet looking?

AZ4life

I'm not able to get out to look around for a while. Anyone have pics of how the velvet is looking so far in their neck of the woods? I'm in AZ but will have a Utah tag this year as well, I'll update with pics if I see anything.

Edit: just realized this was in the deer forum, no pictures of bucks, but from what I've seen most only have 2-6" beams coming out. I did see a group of bigger buck that had great mass and about 4-6"s of bone started.

Couple bulls I seen in northern Utah about a week ago
20230508_185658.jpg
20230508_185700.jpg

Saw a buck with some doe last week, about 2" knobs. Probably not an old deer, as he was with doe group. Have seen a fair number of last year's yearlings made it thru the winter. Promising sign. Wonder how winter resswl affect the doe pregnancy for this years' babies

Saw a buck with some doe last week, about 2" knobs. Probably not an old deer, as he was with doe group. Have seen a fair number of last year's yearlings made it thru the winter. Promising sign. Wonder how winter resswl affect the doe pregnancy for this years' babies
Same here, just babies have shown back up. I’m pretty sure the “mature“ bucks made it thru winter, but they havent come home yet. Same story with the migratory birds.

Everything‘s timing seems a bit off this year. Even the migration back to the high country seems to be off……Instead of following the snow line up the mountains, the critters look to be scattered everywhere from the winter range all the way up to the snow.

Good news is that there seems to be critters. But they are a mangy looking bunch right now.

I know the winter was tough everywhere in the west but here on the north Kali coast the extra moisture and mild temperature has been great for our blacktail herds. I keep seeing new bucks almost every day. Here's a couple I saw this morning checking to see how my garden is doing. I predict a good year to have a tag for California.

P1010460.JPG

P1010462.JPG

P1010461.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom