How's your season lining up????

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
Colorado results are availible via the back door. This is how things look for me right now.

Sept 16-26 Co. archery elk.

Sept 29- Oct 8. Dad's Wasatch muzzy hunt

Oct 16-20 Wife, son, step-son Co. 1st rifle elk (ES)

I PP'ed everything else except some long shots in NV.

Thankful Arnold gave us all those Furlough days. Used 5 solid weeks last year too. And I get to start chukar huntin 2 weeks earlier than last year.

tons of fishing when the run off slows..
Sept 18th B zone Cali deer(confirmed)
Oct 5th unit 6 Nevada Buck
Oct 15th Wyoming area 102 Buck
Oct 23rd Gen Buck Southern Utah(confirmed)
Nov 6th unit 70 Colorado Buck
and then 90 days of Ducks
so far it feeling like a great fall..
good luck!!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

California deer for my two grand kids. (I'm camp cook and guide), Times to be determined by whether or not they get drawn for any youth tags.

Idaho whitetail buck and bull elk for me in late Oct - early Nov.

Fishing & hiking this summer.

Starting off with a White Mountain sheep hunt...
Then off for a high country deer hunt in CO,
Take a breather in UT southern general muzz deer (tag in hand now)
Gilla elk in NM...
Then off to the Strip in Nov for my Muley:)
Then elk hunt in AZ unit 10 (tag in hand)
I'l have to squeeze in Goodale before taking my son on his desert sheep hunt...

I might have to quit & get divorved...

So far I haven't drawn squat.

looks like a D-7 tag.

Still hoping on New Mexico, Az deer and the long shot Calif. Elk tag.

RACK, let me know if you hunt 70. I'll have 3 PPs next year (dangerous) and 70 is my plan.

Good luck to all in the remaining draws, and during your hunts.

I'm still feeling the checkbook pinch of last years hunts so i'll rely on what comes from the Cali draws. I'm maxed on all but Deer, have 4 points for them and i put in for a unit to draw, figure a 50-50 chance.

Good luck on those tags to come guys!! :)

Joey

So, I drew NOTHING out of state this year. Sniffle, sniffle, sniffle.

None of my normal circle of friends drew anything either so I don't have any "ride alongs". Sniffle.

The 2 hi-dollar guys that drag me along for entertainment every year, aren't hunting this year. They are on a fishing kick in several places in South America....where I don't care to go.

I have no points in Ca, so I am not traveling this Fall at all. I am sooo depressed! Sniffle, sniffle.

I still have all the Tule elk guys to run around with and there will be the G3 guys who are lost.

It is going to be tough not to spend 2 weeks in Colorado and a week in NM this year. Sniffle.

At my age, I can't count on being healthy enough to do the out of state thing many more years. I sure hate missing this one. Sniffle, sniffle.

Just whinning....it's my turn. Giggle and chastise at your leisure....I don't care.

LAST EDITED ON May-26-10 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-26-10 AT 03:05?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON May-26-10 AT 02:28?PM (MST)

Im still waiting for:

Wyoming
Nevada
California
Colorado Preferance Point

If I draw Oct 1 wyoming, Oct 5 Nevada Oct 2 California

August 22 Antelope Nevada

Ill have 3 pp for Colorada hoping to go to unit 70 last year 95% this year lots of guys with 3 points not getting tags.

So far I have Arizona 5a/5b elk rifle, montana general elk and deer(waiting on limited hunt draws), and waiting on cal, for me, my wife, my son, my dad, my sister and my nephew. Being that none of them have hunted much if they pull I have to take them. PP's everywhere else for me this year.

One of my buddies has Arizona 5a archery elk so I will be going with him aswell.

Other than that as much quail and chukar hunting I can get away with.

I may have picked the wrong year to let some of my points lapse. I kind of went 'all in' for CO deer with 14 points and didn't draw. Now I'm sittin' here with nothing. I guess it will be a leftover WY deer tag with my buddy east of Cody just so I go SOMEWHERE and keep from going postal. I might do a late Nov bison hunt in MT on a ranch. Always wanted that big hide hanging in my house.

Thought I would have two hunts out of state this year for deer...Wyoming and Utah. I know that I will draw the Wyoming tag 100%, I was 85% in Utah and didn't draw. building points in 6 other states and will do a local deer hunt in California.

I havent drawn anything this year yet. Hoping maybe WY but if not a leftover tag for WY will be it. Maybe saving all my luck for CA this year!

0 for 3 states and 11 different hunts so far with lots of PP's. Looks like CA is the last hope for a decent draw but with only max pts for Elk. Long odds, but hey, it can happen!

Right now I have Montana deer and elk. Where I'll probably go for elk in sept. archery then back at Thanksgiving for bucks. I also have Antelope in Nevada 051 which I have never hunted before so if anyone is willing to share info I would really appreciate it. Waiting on AZ deer and sheep, CA everything and Montana moose,sheep and goat. Jerad

I drew a antelope tag in Nevada area 61-72 didnt draw for deer in that state waiting for CA and WY now.

Drew a Nevada mule deer tag in 151-155E. Now just waiting on California to draw my tule elk tag.

Points in NV and WY. Hopefully an X tag here with the 6pts I had going in.
But the best is my GMU 21 tag in Colorado for second season!! 4 of us drew finally with 8pts, two of my buddies drew last year with 7pts.

bgh7404jas, I sent you a PM about 051.

Eel

"I was beginning to lose my stomach for guiding, finding that the hunted were often more noble than the hunter."
Jay Hammond

Drew Colo. Unit 61 third season(Deer)looking for a Booner ya-hoo. Don't know about CA. yet,but have 5pt's(x5-B loking for a good year

Oh my goodness, I just went on huntnevada.com, and my name was on there for bull elk, area 6. Desert Big horn area 16. Mule deer antlered, area 16. California big horn, area 6, I just about s.it! Then I figured it out, I was looking on the Unsuccessful page, I really didn't draw a thing. I've still got Wyoming, and Cali. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks, Brownie.

Lots of points this year for me. Drew Co GMU 21 2nd season so only put in for points most everywhere else. May still Draw Ca Tule Elk and Idaho deer and Elk. Most likely will hunt Ca B zone and Idaho OTC then off to Co. Really looking forward to all hunts especially Co.

Lean so far with the big zero's in the ca. draw, and no love from nev.,got to regroup and see whats left for leftover tags, good to hear some of you boys are pulling good tags!
mike

Ok .....
All of Oct is done...1 week in each of 3 states...
X1 in Ca, area 102 Wy, southern unit in Utah.
All deer. Then waterfowl.

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

The tag ferry decided to pick me out of the crowd this year and hand deliver a golden ticket.

Didnt draw squat for Cali or any other state... except I drew a statewide opportunity for Deer, Elk, or Antelope (my choice) for sept-nov in Oregon!!!

You kidding me.. who's pullin my leg.. Get this- Just for reporting my hunting results for 2009- I didnt even know I was entered in this drawing.

My faith is dramatically restored! And my research goes to a whole new level!!

p.s. oh ya, I sent my pick to the ODFW director last week- Muley or bust

I have a D16 tag and waiting for the opener so I can start scouting.
I'll drive around opening days see where the thousands of other hunters are then go as far from them as I can.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom