Hows your summer been?

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Ok, I know that in years past, some areas like Arizona, maybe Utah have been suffering from draught. I know that in WA, especially central WA, we usually have a rain 2-3 times every summer. Not this summer! We've had at least 5 GOOD HEAVY rains where I live (Wenatchee), and the heat hasn't been a lot of 100 degree crap. Just curious as to how wet has your summer been so far?

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

In Utah we are still in a bad drought ... we had good rain this spring but not enough... We need more snow pack then what we have been getting the past few years... the temp has been under 100 all summer anyway hear in Northern Utah.

Here in the Golden State every thing dried up and tender dry for the most part! A mild summer so far! The big fires have not happend! Ticks are super bad!
Deer and Elk look as good as I ever seen them!(antler growth).
RACKMASTER

That's what I've been thinking Rack. I haven't gotten out hardly at all this year except for a couple of horse rides. Here in WA, they shouldn't be hurting for antler growth.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

South of you Michael, its been hotter than blazes. We have had several triple digit days and many 90s, but the rain keeps falling in the mountains. If you go up high though, you might note the spruce and hemlocks, "cooler" trees, are all sunburned or turning brown. The streams are still flowing well though, so there is still plenty of water in the ground. Its just been furnace like. North of you has been getting some good growth and the deer seem to have some nice sets of antlers.

Here in the Nebraska Sandhills area we have finally seen some good rains this summer. They were needed badly as a lot of the smaller sandhill's lakes where in need of the moisture. Temps have been great also. Going to be a good fall, whitetails & the muleys are looking in good shape. And will be an excellent year for upland/waterfowl.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom