??Huge AZ Elk??

muleybull

Very Active Member
Got word of a huge elk killed out of 18A in AZ. Supposed to be pics posted all over the internet. Anyone got any info?

Is that ethical?

Uh oh! I heard about a 400+ that a friend had scouted for his early rifle hunter. I wonder if that might be it.

I've been all over the internet and I cant find it. It might just have been a rumor that it was posted somewhere, but some friends that saw it and talked with the hunters were talking up around the 420 range.

I'd like to see it.

Is that ethical?

Holy crap that dude is a Toad, congrats to the hunter..
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Yikes!!! Thats a big bull, but definitely not from the 18A part of AZ according to the background. But, nice to look at.

Is that ethical?

WOW that is a giant bull, hearing 430??? But is not the 6x6 bull killed in the block unit that may be the new P&Y typical

Great job
TR

we are hearing here in seligman that there was a monster mabey new record typical killed off x bar 1 fence line in 18a. any word on that?

I have a new favorite bull sorry Jimmy Ryan. That thing is RIDICULOUS right down to its wicked devil point

I got a pic of similar looking bull on my cell phone saying 415 from 18A. In the video it looks like a 430 type bull! Awesome!!!

Toad Bull is a understatement, The Whaletail is huge on that one side.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-09 AT 07:46AM (MST)[p]Question, It looks that the elk was shot in an evening hunt(one photo is night time the others in morning). With the heat in AZ was the elk field dressed,(being that the elk photos are with the elk laying flat on his belly), packed with ice, etc, then draged back out to get the daytime photos?

Just curious.

Joe E Sikora

Also, having looked at photos after posting this. Is it just me are does the elk look to be in the exact same position in the day photo as the night one?

Look at the tag. The only pic with the tag is the night pic. I'd say they shot it late evening took a ton of pics into the night and then probably dresses it out that night after taking the pics. It doesn't look like any of the pics are from the next morning but I don't know for sure just a guess.

Tremendous bull!

Looking at the video, one can see the sunlight diminishing. So I am guessing that the still photos were taken, then the video taken at sunset, then the tag applied and more photos after dark.

CopyofSedona1-2509034.jpg

You guys are talking about two different bulls. The 430 6x6 has shorter 3rds and HUGE top end

I think the term toad is an understatement! Stroker bull he looks almost as big as my 275 bull! Looks like some eastern az country, not 18a.

Awesome bull congrats to the hunter. #42 elk with a bow! Awesome!

>You guys are talking about two
>different bulls. The 430 6x6
>has shorter 3rds and HUGE
>top end

that's the one i was hearing about!! wonder where the pic's are?
would love to see. it i heard some really good stuff about it!!

I don't know where that bull was shot but not the monster one I've seen. I'll leak pics after the other hunts are over! that one bull takes a lot of pressure off the rest the units, so keep looking guys! the giant triangle bull might still be alive! lmao

I heard in the video that it was number 42 killed with a bow? How old was he he when he started hunting??? you can't get drawn 42 time in AZ for bow, he would have to have been 6 years old when he started. I am confused.

But great looking Bull anyway, Congrats!!

The Boss

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-09 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-09 AT 04:59?PM (MST)

Jay's hunter did not kill that bull in 18A & thats all I will say about the unit. Awesome Bull! Jay always seems to get on some big ol bulls.

The 18A Bull RUMORS are just that...Rumors. I heard two guys from Flagstaff killed good bulls but who knows... Bottom line is it is all just hear say until the pictures come out & the score is in the books. Not trying to be negative, just being honest.

Goodluck!

yeah I've seen that for years now the problem is that you can't get within miles of the ranch those bulls are on! ah wth there are a few monsters from one end to the other. dd has a good deal there but there are great elk else where.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-09 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]>yeah I've seen that for years
>now the problem is that
>you can't get within miles
>of the ranch those bulls
>are on! ah wth there
>are a few monsters from
>one end to the other.
>dd has a good deal
>there but there are great
>elk else where.

true, and they are not far from 18a. like 18b this was from this year! the last pic was from the last week of june, so he had time to grow quite a bit!! we saw him hard horn later,and he was 390+.if i did'nt have 9 bonus points i put in there!

4abd75fc51923b1c.gif

4abd767654098946.gif

4abd76f556e21337.gif

nmto how big of a bull do you think you'll kill in any other unit? my best friend and his gf have the late hunt there this year if you feel like sharing! but great bulls and pics! I've been trying to keep these units on the down low but, ahh.

All I have is a grainy cell phone pic and it looks every bit of 430 to me. Huge congrats to the hunter that took the bull, don't know how a guy can keep it together with a bull of that caliber in front of him

heard in the video that it was number 42 killed with a bow? How old was he he when he started hunting??? you can't get drawn 42 time in AZ for bow, he would have to have been 6 years old when he started. I am confused........

It didnt say he only hunted AZ there are plenty of states to hunt elk in where you can get drawn or get a tag every year....even hunt every year in AZ if you wanna pay enough money and hunt the res..........

Hornhunter247,
Sorry to let the cat out of the bag! Im waiting for an early rifle/muzzy tag in 9-10. I would like to top 400,because I have a 395 on the wall. Also my wife and son are hunting now so next year i will put them in for units like this so i can at least go out while I wait! Im sending you a pm about your friends late hunt in this unit!

I don't blame you for waiting, those early tags are something else. another good friend of mine is hunting the 9 muzzy tag right now. he has his eye on a 420+ bull, hopefully I'll get some pics from that hunt soon.

come on guys. i know someone has the pics of the 425++ with huge backs from 18a. don't make me go out there looking for a dead bull that's already at the taxidermist!! help??

why would someone wait? make no sense to me. guess he is trying to trademark them. what could you possibly get from all that trademarking biz? guess im just too old. i don't get all this b.s that goes on these days!! oh well! sorry for asking!!i did'nt know!

Makes you wonder if something shady is going on though.

Why the big humbug with copyrights and stuff. Afraid someone else will make money off your picture?

Is that ethical?

Need More Time Off... I would be more than happy to send you the cell phone pic. Post your num or email cause I have no idea how pms work. I have heard the story but by no account am I saying its true. Its from the neighbor of the guy that was with the hunter. Not saying its true but will tell you what I have heard!!!! 99% never any truth behind those storys! Please dont burn me for this post cause its all hear-say and not saying I know or making it public. I just like big bulls and you guys will see it sooner or later. please respect the hunter cause from what I hear he is just a diy hunter not looking for fame. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-09 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Maybe I missed something but I didn't see anything said about copyrights or trademarks .... With all the naysayers coming out of the woodwork everytime a big Bull hits the ground, I believe I'd have to think twice about posting pics as well...... Terry

TRIPOD,
thanks for your help. i dont need the story just the picture, but thanks anyways.i saw the bull it was the one we knew of. too bad. looks like plan b now! congrats to the lucky guy what a monster!! a bull of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!

seen a couple of cell pics of the 18a monster and it is just that, A MONSTER. heard these rough measurements from a very good source and judging the picture that i seen, i believe every bit of them.

22"s
23"s
9"s!!!!!!!!!
33"s
25"s
all over 61" and 62" beams

"I heard in the video that it was number 42 killed with a bow? How old was he he when he started hunting??? you can't get drawn 42 time in AZ for bow, he would have to have been 6 years old when he started. I am confused.
But great looking Bull anyway, Congrats!!

The Boss"

Mike Park is from Oregon and has killed bulls all across the west.

The bull taken looks just like the one shot in doubles video first elk.Also heard a bull in same area that would make the bull look little was missed at 40 yards.Monsters are in quiet places!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom