Huge thank you to the people from Utah!

npaden

I've been posting for a while in the Hunt Adventure Subforum on my son's youth any bull tag in Utah.

We were finally able to close the deal on Saturday night when an amazing forum member offered up his private property for my son to hunt on after spending 7 1/2 days working the mountains trying to get him an elk.

A couple different guys from the forum sent me PM's after our scouting trip went up in flames and actually gave me GPS coordinates to try.

Before the hunt started I mentioned on a different forum that I post on that we were having a hard time finding the bullets that we figured out his gun liked and a couple forum members came through with ammo for us and one still hasn't told me how much I owe them.

We talked to other people just in the field and everyone was very nice and helpful and I assume was honestly sharing information on where the elk were or weren't and whether they were talking, etc.

It really was great to see the good in people shining through instead of all the negatives we hear about all the time.

It took until about a minute left of shooting light on the last day we could hunt so we could drive back home in time to get my son to school this morning but we were able to pull it off thanks the so many people that helped along the way.

There isn't a posse of people in the picture, but there were a posse of people that assisted on the hunt and we thank each and everyone one of you!!
03A4ED6D-5F88-44B1-A508-5261B4FA4D97.jpeg
DDF1A6CA-7A5F-4A93-8AD0-52E792F0921B.jpeg

There is a TON of details in the link above if you want the story. We hunted hard for 8 days and he was a trooper. We had 4 good opportunities along the way but they all went just a little bit sideways at some point or another until we got a 5th chance on the very last night we could hunt.

Thanks again to all who helped!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!
I personally know you guys hunted hard, and deserved to get a crack at a bull for your boy

congrats a gain and goodjob on the persistence. I know you had numerous opportunities just as official shooting light Epirus. I am sure that was hard to tell your son, but it all came back in the end. And it shows the peolle you guysare with ethics!!!

Congrats ! Looks like a happy boy ! Now that you are done what units where you in ? It sounds like you where way up north from your post.

I've been posting for a while in the Hunt Adventure Subforum on my son's youth any bull tag in Utah.

We were finally able to close the deal on Saturday night when an amazing forum member offered up his private property for my son to hunt on after spending 7 1/2 days working the mountains trying to get him an elk.

A couple different guys from the forum sent me PM's after our scouting trip went up in flames and actually gave me GPS coordinates to try.

Before the hunt started I mentioned on a different forum that I post on that we were having a hard time finding the bullets that we figured out his gun liked and a couple forum members came through with ammo for us and one still hasn't told me how much I owe them.

We talked to other people just in the field and everyone was very nice and helpful and I assume was honestly sharing information on where the elk were or weren't and whether they were talking, etc.

It really was great to see the good in people shining through instead of all the negatives we hear about all the time.

It took until about a minute left of shooting light on the last day we could hunt so we could drive back home in time to get my son to school this morning but we were able to pull it off thanks the so many people that helped along the way.

There isn't a posse of people in the picture, but there were a posse of people that assisted on the hunt and we thank each and everyone one of you!!
View attachment 13312View attachment 13313

There is a TON of details in the link above if you want the story. We hunted hard for 8 days and he was a trooper. We had 4 good opportunities along the way but they all went just a little bit sideways at some point or another until we got a 5th chance on the very last night we could hunt.

Thanks again to all who helped!
very cool all the way around .... imagine that

That's awesome! Always love a good success story. Enjoy it even more knowing that many people came together with their help in making it a great experience.
Congrats!

Nothing better than spending time in the great outdoors with family and friends. Lots of great memories made that will never be forgotten. Looks like you got a awesome bonus as well.

Congrats to your son. I really enjoyed reading your updates and hope that I can have a similar experience if my kids are able to draw in a few years.

Congratulations way to stick it out and that’s great the member was willing to give you permission to hunt his property! It wouldn’t have been as rewarding or as fun for your son if it would have been finished day one.

It doesn't get any better than that!!!
Congrats to you and your son!
And yes, there are still some good folks in Utah and I'm glad they helped out.

Zeke

Congratulations npaden!
That wasn't a hunt, it was an epic adventure. Certainly a time the young man will not soon forget.
The fact that others went out of their way to help is also a great life lesson. Good hunting (and human) ethics are much easier learned if you experience them first hand.

That is awesome! Congratulations to yourself & your son on a nice bull. I’m sure he was tickled.
It’s good to hear so many folks were helpful along the way.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom