Humboldt-toiyabe National Forest

MapReader

Would anybody care to explain how a portion of the humboldt-toiyabe national forest is in california? I just looked at the map on my gps and that national forest is several hours away from california ...
Thank you!

Yes. The HTNF has a portion near the Mono Lake area of California.

Not sure why this is a big issue?

Jarbidge, Wells, Austin, Ely, Tonopah, Carson, Winnemucca, Spring Mountain and a couple othere ranger districts.

The front page of the HTNF has a map on the right side that clearly shows the forest into a bit of California.

I never said it was a big issue I just said if you look at google maps and type humboldt-toiyabe national forest the marker that shows up as the location is nowhere near the California border ... Just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what somebody else thought, thanks for the info though, how's your hunting this year do you go after coyote and jackrabbit or just big game? And have you ever gotten a bear? I guess the HTNF covers a more larger range of mountains across Nevada than I had originally thought but honestly I'm new to hunting in Nevada I've really only explored California in terms of hunting and fishing and then some fishing in Florida but I'll take a look at that map on the website so I can see what you mean ...

Wait a second are you referring to the the forest that's connected to the sierra sequoia in California because that portion clearly is in Nevada and California ... And the map you mentioned are you talking about the HTNF vicinity map under the highlights on the site?

Ok I just did a map search on HTNF with the avenza maps app and my suspicions was right the HTNF covers 9 different mountain ranges all throughout Nevada and California is not the only state that borders HTNF within Nevada ...

The HTNF was two separate forests long ago. The Carson and Bridgeport Ranger Districts (RD) both have portions in Ca. The HTNF is the largest National Forest in the lower 48, with the Spring Mtn RD by LV, to Jarbidge RD in the NE and Carson RD in the NW and a handfull of other RD's sprinkled in between.

I work for the forest service and it’s common for forests to change shape over time. Many forests merged including the HT. The weirdest part about the HT is how it’s spread out in patches over a large area. Definitely more unique than crossing state borders and although part of it is in CA it is not part of the pacific southwest region 5. It is a Great Basin region 4 forest

Go look on their website for htnf under campfire permit and it says you need one ... as a matter of fact you should post a screenshot to prove me wrong instead of being a condescending ass

Go look on their website for htnf under campfire permit and it says you need one ... as a matter of fact you should post a screenshot to prove me wrong instead of being a condescending ass

I assure you......no authority in Nevada gives a **** if you have a camp fire permit from California....in Nevada's portion of that forest.

I assure you......no authority in Nevada gives a **** if you have a camp fire permit from California....in Nevada's portion of that forest.
Wow man you sure is ignorant, who the **** gave you a gun, oh wait I know - you inherited it ...

Lol if I'm stupid then you dumb as a rock lol I'm an A+ scholarship student, lol anyway who gives a **** i just noted that it said that on their website but maybe I overlooked the part about only in those portions which are in California could be true, could you double check and post a screen shot if not I guess I will, 1 sec ...

I guess you're right lol, it says which districts you need it in but I have one anyway because I live in California, I just thought it's a good idea to have one regardless just in case, last time I looked on their site was over a month ago, but honestly it's not like you tried to prove me wrong or even display how you were right you just jumped to name calling which is never a wise decision because it shows how much self control and wisdom you lack ...

This might be the best thread I’ve seen in awhile. I laughed out loud and woke my wife up.

I'm a reiki master and certified martial arts instructor, let's compare education levels and work experience and see who's really dumb! Hahaha
I also own my own business and I am married to a fly ass Korean woman, she's watching me type this and I bet she could bag more coyotes in a single day than most of you would in a license year! Hahaha

I'm a reiki master and certified martial arts instructor, let's compare education levels and work experience and see who's really dumb! Hahaha
I also own my own business and I am married to a fly ass Korean woman, she's watching me type this and I bet she could bag more coyotes in a single day than most of you would in a license year! Hahaha
I’ve decided,over several hours of deliberation, that this is the single greatest post I’ve ever seen on Monster Mulies. Thank you.

When she gets her citizenship papers, you won't be married anymore!

That's not true, stick to hunting!
Marriage is by far the most common method for which foreigners become citizens lol

let's just compare common sense.....name the other rules, regulations, and laws of California that Nevadans have to abide by while in Nevada.....

Might be bragging rights in California, maybe you should go post in their thread. You can’t teach common sense and you can’t fix stupid......

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom